[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Based on the story below, Which Best Describes Packers Fans?

The Best Most Loyal Fans Ever
31 (66%)
Green Bay Is Such A Bad Place To Live That This Passes For Summertime Entertainment
16 (34%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Poll About Packers Fans  (Read 5227 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Poll About Packers Fans
« on: May 13, 2015, 04:09:10 PM »
Packers Fans Pay Fourfold Markup to See Favre Event on TV
Secondary market forms for 67,000 tickets to event at Lambeau
Retired quarterback to be inducted into team's hall of fame
By Eben Novy-Williams

(Bloomberg) -- It took less than a day for the Green Bay Packers to sell all 67,000 tickets to a Lambeau Field videoboard screening of Brett Favre’s induction into the team’s Hall of Fame. Now there’s a secondary market for seats.

The tickets sold Tuesday at $4 each for fans to watch a live broadcast of Favre’s induction banquet, which is being held elsewhere in the stadium. Today they were selling on the secondary market for an average of $17, according to aggregator Seatgeek, with one midfield seat going for $52.

Seatgeek has about 2,600 tickets listed for the July 18 event, which will include a live speech by Favre. The cheapest listings are $11, with a handful asking for more than $100.

“We are pleased with the enthusiastic response to this viewing opportunity, which will be a special complement to a historic evening,” Packers Hall of Fame Inc. President Perry Kidder said on the team’s website after the tickets sold out.

Favre, 45, played 16 seasons in Green Bay, winning a Super Bowl title after the 1996 season. His 71,838 yards passing are the most in National Football League history, and he’s second in career touchdowns (508), trailing only Peyton Manning (530).

Favre’s induction ceremony is being held at a 1,600-person event, also sold out, inside the Lambeau atrium. Net proceeds from the viewing party’s face-value ticket sales will benefit Favre 4 Hope, the quarterback’s charity.

Favre’s No. 4, which is being retired by the Packers, will be unveiled inside Lambeau Field during a ceremony at the team’s Nov. 26 Thanksgiving game against the Chicago Bears. He is eligible to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, with the Class of 2016.

The only publicly owned franchise in major U.S. sports, the Packers have one of the NFL’s more avid fanbases despite playing in one of the league’s smallest media markets.

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Poll About Packers Fans
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 04:19:00 PM »
First off, stop being a troll. Secondly, being from Green Bay, the answer is unequivocally both, and they're not mutually exclusive. I'll remind you, however, that there is a sweater vest industry in Chicago because of Ditka (let's all admit that the Ditkas walking around Chicago are insufferable and right up there with cheeseheads and the Vikings horn celebrating first downs), so this isn't an anomaly of Green Bay.

brandx

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 04:22:20 PM »
You forgot the 3rd choice. "Rodgers is a cheater and has never proven otherwise."

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 04:27:16 PM »
First off, stop being a troll. Secondly, being from Green Bay, the answer is unequivocally both, and they're not mutually exclusive. I'll remind you, however, that there is a sweater vest industry in Chicago because of Ditka (let's all admit that the Ditkas walking around Chicago are insufferable and right up there with cheeseheads and the Vikings horn celebrating first downs), so this isn't an anomaly of Green Bay.

Sweater industry in Chicago??? What part of Chicago do you visit?  I live in Chicago and have never seen any of this.

Seriously, what neighborhood do you visit so i can stay away from them/.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 04:35:50 PM »
Packer fans are the best and most loyal fans ever.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 04:53:34 PM »
Sweater industry in Chicago??? What part of Chicago do you visit?  I live in Chicago and have never seen any of this.

This is a thing. I rest my case.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 05:25:12 PM »
This is a thing. I rest my case.

The only place that exists is in pictures in Google images.

On the other hand, this actually happens in Lambeau

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 05:36:38 PM »

that explains a lot.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 05:57:29 PM »

Yup. Only slim, attractive, well-mannered, and perfectly dressed fans attend Bears games. You must have a mental condition if you buy that.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 07:24:25 PM »
You forgot the 3rd choice. "Rodgers is a cheater and has never proven otherwise."

+1 This is a well-known fact.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 07:30:39 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 07:49:14 PM »

My people.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »

Seriously? Are you a recluse?

I think last episode of a Beer Money even had a guy in a Ditka vest. They're also selling them at Ditka's at Arlington Park.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 08:04:16 PM »
Seriously? Are you a recluse?

I think last episode of a Beer Money even had a guy in a Ditka vest. They're also selling them at Ditka's at Arlington Park.

Well that settles it!!  You think their might have been one on one TV show once.  They means it's a defacto uniform for people that live in Chicago.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 09:11:15 PM »
Well that settles it!!  You think their might have been one on one TV show once.  They means it's a defacto uniform for people that live in Chicago.

Which the odds of someone wearing one to be selected for a television game show filmed in the football off-season are how good?

Or that Ditka has branded his own line for sale?

Or that there's a Ditka Dash with several thousand runners that wear a shirt version of the vest?

brandx

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 09:11:46 PM »

C'mon Heisenberg, just pretend it's 1985 all over again. The Cubs will win a championship before the Bears ever win another one.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 10:49:54 PM »
This just in from Lincoln Park

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 11:00:13 PM »
This just in from Lincoln Park

That's nice! Where can I get one?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 11:37:30 PM »
This is just more Heisenberg buffoonery making Bears fans look bad.

However, if you think there are close to as many Bears sweater vests as there are people wearing Cheeseheads, thats crazy talk.  If you go to a bar on a Bears gameday and look at 100 male Bears fans, you may see 1 Ditka vest, if that.  And thats from watching games in any number of neighborhoods in Chicago.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 05:18:37 AM »
Packers Fans Pay Fourfold Markup to See Favre Event on TV
Secondary market forms for 67,000 tickets to event at Lambeau
Retired quarterback to be inducted into team's hall of fame
By Eben Novy-Williams

(Bloomberg) -- It took less than a day for the Green Bay Packers to sell all 67,000 tickets to a Lambeau Field videoboard screening of Brett Favre’s induction into the team’s Hall of Fame. Now there’s a secondary market for seats.

The tickets sold Tuesday at $4 each for fans to watch a live broadcast of Favre’s induction banquet, which is being held elsewhere in the stadium. Today they were selling on the secondary market for an average of $17, according to aggregator Seatgeek, with one midfield seat going for $52.

Seatgeek has about 2,600 tickets listed for the July 18 event, which will include a live speech by Favre. The cheapest listings are $11, with a handful asking for more than $100.

“We are pleased with the enthusiastic response to this viewing opportunity, which will be a special complement to a historic evening,” Packers Hall of Fame Inc. President Perry Kidder said on the team’s website after the tickets sold out.

Favre, 45, played 16 seasons in Green Bay, winning a Super Bowl title after the 1996 season. His 71,838 yards passing are the most in National Football League history, and he’s second in career touchdowns (508), trailing only Peyton Manning (530).

Favre’s induction ceremony is being held at a 1,600-person event, also sold out, inside the Lambeau atrium. Net proceeds from the viewing party’s face-value ticket sales will benefit Favre 4 Hope, the quarterback’s charity.

Favre’s No. 4, which is being retired by the Packers, will be unveiled inside Lambeau Field during a ceremony at the team’s Nov. 26 Thanksgiving game against the Chicago Bears. He is eligible to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, with the Class of 2016.

The only publicly owned franchise in major U.S. sports, the Packers have one of the NFL’s more avid fanbases despite playing in one of the league’s smallest media markets.

Didn't read article.

Didn't need to.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 10:06:37 AM »
at least he covered his nipples

This is just more Heisenberg buffoonery making Bears fans look bad.

However, if you think there are close to as many Bears sweater vests as there are people wearing Cheeseheads, thats crazy talk.  If you go to a bar on a Bears gameday and look at 100 male Bears fans, you may see 1 Ditka vest, if that.  And thats from watching games in any number of neighborhoods in Chicago.

which illustrates what?

whenever I've gone to a bar to watch a Packer game and look at 100 male GB fans, there are zero people wearing cheeseheads  :D

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 10:09:52 AM »
I am a Packer fan who apologizes for nothing.**  I embrace the fatness.  I embrace the cheesehead.  I embrace the public drunkenness.  As I said, these are my people.  I walk among them.

**-Killing Dan Devine's dog may have been a little harsh however.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »

Topless Green Bay debutante

🏀

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2015, 10:12:52 AM »

**-Killing Dan Devine's dog may have been a little harsh however.

That was a farmer anyway.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 12:22:53 PM »
I've lived in Chicago most of my life and have never worn a bears sweater vest or known somebody who has.  I have seen people do it at games and I'm pretty sure there is a 5k where you dress like Ditka to run it.
Believe it or not, all cities have the same types of fans in them somewhere.
Cheering against teams = good.
Stereotyping entire fan bases = take a xanex.

feedback