Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Good News ESPN's Goodman Said Abou MU  (Read 4156 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
The Good News ESPN's Goodman Said Abou MU
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:58:10 PM »
Listen to the video and not the story

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10685190/shaka-smart-turns-marquette-golden-eagles

At the end he said the leading candidates were Howland, Hopkins and Wardle and MU could have anyone of them they wanted.

Howland to MU!!

(PS said twice the instability of no AD is why he thinks Shaka passed)

ADDED LATER

He also called MU "the latest big time program to be turned down by Shaka."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:01:55 PM by Heisenberg »

Blackhat

• All American
Re: The Good News ESPN's Goodman Said Abou MU
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »
Howland or Archie Miller.  Sooner the better.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »
Also mentioned the "Mystery Candidate" and the inflection in his voice suggests he knew but cannot say.

If I read him right, we will find out who that is soon enough.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »
Also mentioned the "Mystery Candidate" and the inflection in his voice suggests he knew but cannot say.

If I read him right, we will find out who that is soon enough.

It's likely not miller given his snarkiness about Miller not wanting to talk to us.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:08:29 PM »
It's likely not miller given his snarkiness about Miller not wanting to talk to us.

Wasn't it rumored that Sean Miller laughed at Cottingham when offered the job after Crean left?  The Miller boys seem to have their noses in the air.  Seems unusual for a couple of Pittsburgh guys.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 10:09:17 PM »
How did he pass if we never spoke with him?

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:14:13 PM »

No kidding. People are just making sh## up.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 10:17:53 PM »
Howland!

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 10:28:54 PM »
No kidding. People are just making sh## up.

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 10:47:09 PM »
When I was at Ball State and we beat Pitt in the first round of the NCAA, Sean Miller was an absolute jerk. He was doing a bunch of trash talking during the game. He basically told our guys they didn't belong. His language was slightly different than that, but you get the idea. Even after we beat them he continued talking trash as the teams went to their locker rooms after the game. There was some pushing, shoving and a fight nearly broke out. Evans, their coach, was just as bad though.

I'm sure Sean is probably the kind of guy you love if he's on your team, but absolutely hate him if he is not. I'm sure our opponents viewed Travis that way. He is one of my all-time favorites at MU.

As for the coaching search, we will get a good one. I'm confident in that! We have great facilities, and the coach will have all the resources they will need in order to be successful. I was hoping to land Shaka only for the fact that I wanted him to bring a "get after it", full court game to MU. We can still find a coach that will do that. With that type of style it would be easier to hold on to our current recruits and land some of the highly ranked recruits we are in on for next year as well.

Lastly, if any blame is going to be handed out, I would put it on Buzz. I wonder how he feels right now. He left this program in a tough situation. He had so many people in his corner when things got tough with the president and AD. So, they get rid of both and he then decides to leave. To make things worse, he leaves us with the worst record we've had in 14 years. No postseason tournament. He played a questionable brand of basketball all year. Now, we may lose recruits and it might take a few years to build relationships with recruits before we get back on track.

I am confident we will land a very good coach soon, and I'm hopeful that we are able to hang onto a couple of our incoming recruits (as well as our freshmen class from this past year).

No matter what...we will be just fine!

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 10:49:03 PM »
...Buzz. I wonder how he feels right now. He left this program in a tough situation. He had so many people in his corner when things got tough with the president and AD. So, they get rid of both and he then decides to leave. To make things worse, he leaves us with the worst record we've had in 14 years. No postseason tournament. He played a questionable brand of basketball all year. Now, we may lose recruits and it might take a few years to build relationships with recruits before we get back on track.

Given everything you said, I'd imagine he doesn't really give an eff.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »
did you all miss the thread about archie saying he'd like dayton to be the next marquette...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=43173.0

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 11:04:09 PM »
"Given everything you said, I'd imagine he doesn't really give an eff."

If that's the case, he has been a fake for the past six years. He always spoke to the importance of the former players, alumni, current players, and fans. If you are correct, I'm glad he is gone. I personally think you are wrong!

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 12:00:02 AM »
http://marquettewarriors.bigcartel.com/

Haha just saw some dude post this in Marquette ticket exchange for students on facebook... pretty funny/cool shirts

palmetto king

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 12:04:48 AM »
MU will be weak for a short period of time, with what we have left, and with those that may not show up.  Yet, we will arise again!  I pray that we, when we are strong again, schedule  Virginia Tech and give them the worst beating they ever had in their school history.  

brandx

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 12:14:55 AM »
Wasn't it rumored that Sean Miller laughed at Cottingham when offered the job after Crean left?  The Miller boys seem to have their noses in the air.  Seems unusual for a couple of Pittsburgh guys.

Unbelievable - so any coach that says no to MU has an attitude problem? Been reading the same thing here all day about shaka.

Talk about an inferiority complex....

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 12:34:04 AM »
http://marquettewarriors.bigcartel.com/

Haha just saw some dude post this in Marquette ticket exchange for students on facebook... pretty funny/cool shirts

LOL