[Today at 11:29:24 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 10:38:12 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:31:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by lawdog77
[Today at 07:08:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Any word on Dawson's destination?  (Read 12962 times)

Nevada233

• All American
Re: Any word on Dawson's destination?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2014, 01:31:35 AM »
I hope Dawson lands somewhere. He was my favorite over Derrick.

I think if he lands on the right team, he could be a first team all-league especially in WCC, Big West, Sun Belt.

Yeah, he just wants to land at a program where he can play and contribute.
Overall, Marquette will always be special to him and he still has friends on the team. Although things didn't work out he will
have an opportunity to contribute elsewhere and get his degree two things that are equally important.

I will update when the choice is made.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 01:43:12 AM »
He seems to be a BCB snob.  ;)

He must enjoy paying for Brewcity's insights and expertise

Death on call

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 06:29:44 AM »
Although we are loaded with guards this year, MU is going to be thin at guards next year.  I wish he could of gotten enough playing time this year to have stayed.  Oh well, water over the dam.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2014, 07:44:17 AM »
He was recruited heavily by Wyoming coming out of high school, I wonder if they still have an interest.

They still do....

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 07:46:55 AM »
Although we are loaded with guards this year, MU is going to be thin at guards next year.  I wish he could of gotten enough playing time this year to have stayed.  Oh well, water over the dam.

????  Duane, JJJ, Cohen, NN, Cheatham.  That's half our committed scholarships for next year and Wojo will probably add a 6th guard with one of the open 'ships.  Plus Wally is a 3.  If he can contribute that eats into playing time for the guards.  JD was already behind Duane, JJJ, and even Cohen, plus he knows what Wally is doing in practice.  Probably would've been the 4th guard at best but could've slipped even further if either frosh passed him.  Since none of those players would be seniors next year, it is possible he would have been buried on the bench his whole career.

I like JD but see PT being hard for him to come by at MU.  Transferring will put him in a better spot for PT and I wish him luck.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2014, 07:49:30 AM »
????  Duane, JJJ, Cohen, NN, Cheatham.  That's half our committed scholarships for next year and Wojo will probably add a 6th guard with one of the open 'ships.  Plus Wally is a 3.  If he can contribute that eats into playing time for the guards.  JD was already behind Duane, JJJ, and even Cohen, plus he knows what Wally is doing in practice.  Probably would've been the 4th guard at best but could've slipped even further if either frosh passed him.  Since none of those players would be seniors next year, it is possible he would have been buried on the bench his whole career.
I like JD but see PT being hard for him to come by at MU.  Transferring will put him in a better spot for PT and I wish him luck.

Indeed but no hard feelings, just hard work. He had 40+ D-1 offers coming out of High School and has a bunch now, so its not like he just tripped and fell into a Marquette Uniform. He can play basketball and will, just depends on the best system for him at this point.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 07:58:48 AM by Nevada233 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2014, 11:15:08 AM »
The lack of class in some posters is unbelievable sometimes. These guys are just kids, not pros. Wish him luck and move on with your life already.  Geese!

It was obviously a joke.

Lighten up, Francis!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback