Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2018-19 Non-Conference Schedule  (Read 60002 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: 2018-19 Non-Conference Schedule
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 12:24:49 PM »
Anyone with access to Kenpom's 2019 rankings able to share with us where UMBC projects for next season?

His projections for next season aren't available yet to the general public. They do offer them to colleges looking for help creating a non-con schedule, but I doubt that's any of us.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 04:59:23 PM »
According to Paint Touches, TRank has UMBC projected as 268 for 2019.
Yikes.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2018, 05:04:31 PM »
Trank is free by the way:

http://barttorvik.com

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2018, 05:18:45 PM »
UMBC is a decent buy game from an image perspective. But let's not pretend that beating Virginia last season means they will be a decent buy game from a RPI scheduling perspective. I don't think they'll be a huge drain on our numbers but they certainly won't help them.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

2012 Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2018, 06:40:05 PM »
What are people's thoughts on getting a game against a team like Pitt?  They are not expected to be anything but bad.  Though they will bring name recognition to pull a larger crowd (thinking old BE).  A home and home may be attainable.  A loss thought is much more risky to MU, what reasonable home and home isn't though in the RPI 100 range.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2018, 06:58:24 PM »
What are people's thoughts on getting a game against a team like Pitt?  They are not expected to be anything but bad.  Though they will bring name recognition to pull a larger crowd (thinking old BE).  A home and home may be attainable.  A loss thought is much more risky to MU, what reasonable home and home isn't though in the RPI 100 range.

Pitt isn't doing a buy game and we're sure as $hit not scheduling H/H with them.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2018, 08:35:28 PM »
Pitt isn't doing a buy game and we're sure as $hit not scheduling H/H with them.

Why not?  I would take a H/H with any ACC team.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2018, 08:49:14 PM »
Home and Home with Pitt would be solid. It was a just a couple of years ago we had a tough game with them in the Garden.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2018, 02:27:57 AM »
Is Carl Krauser still playing for them.......

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2018, 06:00:34 AM »
UMBC is a decent buy game from an image perspective. But let's not pretend that beating Virginia last season means they will be a decent buy game from a RPI scheduling perspective. I don't think they'll be a huge drain on our numbers but they certainly won't help them.

Strictly from a RPI perspective, I like the addition. Back to back winning conference records gives some confidence but I really like that Odom schedules sub-200 non-con opponents. Even if they are down (and they likely will be) they probably still win 14-18 games, which is great for any buy team.

wojoswarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2018, 08:10:06 AM »
Scheduling Pitt probably wouldn't happen, since the coaches will be ex-Duke assistant against ex-Duke assistant!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2018, 08:17:39 AM »
Scheduling Pitt probably wouldn't happen, since the coaches will be ex-Duke assistant against ex-Duke assistant!

And if they're both gunning for the Duke job, guessing Capel wouldn't want to be humiliated by 25+

muguru

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2018, 08:50:15 AM »
Not a surprise, but MU hosting Wisconsin on Sat December 8th...

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/987680627691589632
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2018, 10:03:01 AM »
Rothstein must read this thread ;D

A few other dates to keep in mind...

• May 13: That week we may see Gavitt Games announced. Last year they were released May 20, but were delayed from earlier in the week due to MSU playing in the Phil Knight event.
  • July 23: That week we may see NIT Tip-Off matches announced. Last year they were released on Wednesday, July 26. I expect we will open with Kansas.
  • September 4: They typically release the Big East schedule early in September. It was delayed twice last year, but the earliest we'll likely see it is after Labor Day.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2018, 10:16:22 AM »

• May 13: That week we may see Gavitt Games announced. Last year they were released May 20, but were delayed from earlier in the week due to MSU playing in the Phil Knight event.
  • July 23: That week we may see NIT Tip-Off matches announced. Last year they were released on Wednesday, July 26. I expect we will open with Kansas.
  • September 4: They typically release the Big East schedule early in September. It was delayed twice last year, but the earliest we'll likely see it is after Labor Day.

We have you to stay on top of this for us brew!   ;D  How's the munchkin?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2018, 11:12:36 AM »

I'm not sure about this one. KU and Tennessee will be the best two teams in the tourney, but Louisville still carries a lot of name recognition in college basketball, more than Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if they put Kansas and Louisville together to get the "Blue Blood vs Almost Blue Blood" matchup in the first round and the top 10 team matchup in the championship round. I think we open with Tennessee. Tennessee will be favored on a neutral court, but I think they are beatable.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »
We have you to stay on top of this for us brew!   ;D  How's the munchkin?

So far so good. Sleeping better, starting to smile, coo, and interact with the world a bit.

I'm not sure about this one. KU and Tennessee will be the best two teams in the tourney, but Louisville still carries a lot of name recognition in college basketball, more than Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if they put Kansas and Louisville together to get the "Blue Blood vs Almost Blue Blood" matchup in the first round and the top 10 team matchup in the championship round. I think we open with Tennessee. Tennessee will be favored on a neutral court, but I think they are beatable.

It could be, but I think most of these events look at the final. If they start us with KU, that virtually insures (in their eyes) the final is either a top-10 matchup or the pseudo-blue blood matchup.

Frankly, I think all three teams are beatable. Kansas lost Graham and Mykhailuk to graduation and both Newman and Vick have left and will not be returning. Azubuike could go pro, De Sousa likely never plays there again, so they will lose at least 5 of the top 6 in their NCAA rotation with Mitch Lightfoot and Marcus Garrett the most experienced returning players. I realize they have a great recruiting class and the Lawsons, but those teams seem suspect to upset early in the season before they really figure it out.

Louisville lost their three best players and their sixth man. They'll also be vulnerable, especially after missing out on a few of their top grad transfer targets.

Interestingly, of the three other teams, I feel Tennessee is the one I would say in a vacuum is most likely to win this. But they are also beatable.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2018, 07:08:32 PM »
So far so good. Sleeping better, starting to smile, coo, and interact with the world a bit.

Great to hear you're finally coming around, but how about the baby?
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

fjm

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2018, 12:58:42 PM »
Update the sched Brew.

Kansas State: Dec 1st at home.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2018, 01:09:07 PM »
Update the sched Brew.

Kansas State: Dec 1st at home.

Oh no, we've already dropped two seed lines just by invoking the memories

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2018, 02:29:57 PM »
K State is a huge add. Elite 8 team that returns virtually everyone. Has anyone on that team declared? They will likely be really good.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2018, 05:42:06 PM »
Home Dates
Tue Nov 6 UMBC
Sat. Nov 10 NIT Team
Sat. Nov 17 NIT Team
Tue Nov 27 TBD
Sat. Dec 1 Kansas State
Tue. Dec. 4 TBD
Sat. Dec. 8 Wisconsin
Tue. Dec. 18 TBD
Fri. Dec. 21 Buffalo
Fri. Dec. 28 Big East Team

Can't say this too often in the past. Four Saturday games before conference play even starts. Students can't say they are studying.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2018, 07:45:25 PM »
Wasn’t there some rumor of a home and home vs Utah or something along those lines? Or am I completely wrong?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2018, 07:47:48 PM »
Wasn’t there some rumor of a home and home vs Utah or something along those lines? Or am I completely wrong?

A couple years ago I believe.  I think the Georgia series took its place.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2018, 09:51:04 PM »

Two years ago it was leaked that there would be a home and home vs. Utah. I believe it came from Matty V. My understanding is that Utah pulled out shortly after it was announced. Not sure there was ever a plan to try and get it back.
TAMU