'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sweet 16 thread  (Read 20741 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Sweet 16 thread
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2018, 11:14:09 AM »
That’s so great!
Maybe throw a Warriors shirt on the boy?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2018, 11:37:08 AM »
A couple of media organizations have called asking if my son and I can make it to San Antonio so they can do stories on my son and Malik for their Final Four coverage. I don't think my son Bradley is going to be Kansas' version of Sister Jean, but you might see us pop up if you're watching some pregame shows this weekend.

I haven't been a fan of Kansas since 2003.  You are making me like them again!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2018, 02:02:23 PM »
I just got two more looks at that blocking foul that fouled out Duke's Wendell Carter.

I didn't think it was a bad call at all. It looked to me like Carter leaned to the left so his shoulder got clipped by Newman, who was clearly trying to avoid contact.

At worst, IMHO, it was a borderline call. Certainly not in the "horrible call" category.

Here's what Carter had to say about it:

"No matter what I think, how I felt about it, he made the right call. I have respect for that call."

Classy answer for a kid - even though he probably thought the call was wrong.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2018, 03:00:15 PM »
I just got two more looks at that blocking foul that fouled out Duke's Wendell Carter.

I didn't think it was a bad call at all. It looked to me like Carter leaned to the left so his shoulder got clipped by Newman, who was clearly trying to avoid contact.

At worst, IMHO, it was a borderline call. Certainly not in the "horrible call" category.

Here's what Carter had to say about it:

"No matter what I think, how I felt about it, he made the right call. I have respect for that call."

Classy answer for a kid - even though he probably thought the call was wrong.

Classy as well for Bagley, after he threw that Bad pass in the finale seconds I read his face as thinking as disappointing as he was  he quickly, mentally suck it up to control his emotions. I like this Guy.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2018, 03:37:36 PM »
Duke/Kansas was the highest overnight Elite 8 rating in 13 years.

Sunday’s Kansas-Duke NCAA Tournament regional final earned a 10.1 overnight rating on CBS, up 6% from last year (UNC-Kentucky: 9.5)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2018, 09:31:21 AM »
Duke/Kansas was the highest overnight Elite 8 rating in 13 years.

Sunday’s Kansas-Duke NCAA Tournament regional final earned a 10.1 overnight rating on CBS, up 6% from last year (UNC-Kentucky: 9.5)

Funny, that's one of the few NCAA tourney games I didn't watch!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2018, 10:03:57 AM »
I don't know if this matters to anyone, but wanted to give an update. I have a friend who covers the NFL for ESPN, and the writer reached out to me on Monday asking about our interest in doing a segment for ESPN's Final Four coverage on my son and Malik and their friendship. We were of course interested, and the writer gave me a bit of info on the inner workings of ESPN (which for anyone working anywhere, would fall in line with what you'd expect in any organization). The writer's NFL bosses asked the College Basketball folks if they were ok with the NFL writer doing the story. There's a particular college basketball writer at ESPN that has a lot of creative control, and already had stories planned for KU this week, and he shot down the idea of giving our story over to the NFL writer. Long story short, you won't see us on any ESPN coverage this week.

I'm by no means mad or disappointed, I understand the college basketball writer is trying to protect his turf. just wanted to share this with anyone that was curious.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2018, 10:14:02 AM »
A couple of media organizations have called asking if my son and I can make it to San Antonio so they can do stories on my son and Malik for their Final Four coverage. I don't think my son Bradley is going to be Kansas' version of Sister Jean, but you might see us pop up if you're watching some pregame shows this weekend.

Bradley > Sister Jean

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2018, 10:42:41 AM »
I don't know if this matters to anyone, but wanted to give an update. I have a friend who covers the NFL for ESPN, and the writer reached out to me on Monday asking about our interest in doing a segment for ESPN's Final Four coverage on my son and Malik and their friendship. We were of course interested, and the writer gave me a bit of info on the inner workings of ESPN (which for anyone working anywhere, would fall in line with what you'd expect in any organization). The writer's NFL bosses asked the College Basketball folks if they were ok with the NFL writer doing the story. There's a particular college basketball writer at ESPN that has a lot of creative control, and already had stories planned for KU this week, and he shot down the idea of giving our story over to the NFL writer. Long story short, you won't see us on any ESPN coverage this week.

I'm by no means mad or disappointed, I understand the college basketball writer is trying to protect his turf. just wanted to share this with anyone that was curious.

Maybe it's meant to be as part of the build up for the Championship Game.  That might be the Destiny of your story.  I hope so Great Story.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2018, 12:12:04 PM »

Is this the college basketball writer that likes to hang out in Lithuania following around a certain family?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2018, 12:15:49 PM »
Is this the college basketball writer that likes to hang out in Lithuania following around a certain family?

<Nods>

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »
<Nods>

He probably is looking for an angle to include Buzz in a positive light.