collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:36:07 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:25:35 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146062 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #3450 on: June 20, 2023, 02:22:57 PM »
The good news for the Suns is all 3 are above average defenders.

And let’s not pretend that they Nets wouldn’t have won at least one title, let alone multiple titles, had either Kyrie or Harden not gotten injured. Heck they even would’ve with neither healthy and KD completely carrying them had he had a half size smaller shoe.

They wouldn’t have.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3451 on: June 20, 2023, 02:30:04 PM »
They wouldn’t have.

Well, they definitely would have beaten the Bucks. Probably an 80% chance they get by Atlanta too.

Do they beat Phoenix? Not sure. But that was a legit Brooklyn team.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3452 on: June 20, 2023, 03:37:22 PM »
Well, they definitely would have beaten the Bucks. Probably an 80% chance they get by Atlanta too.

I'm with Jockey on this one.  The only "what if" scenario since I've been alive regarding the NBA playoffs, where I do think you can definitively say the outcome would have been different, is if Jordan didn't retire and play baseball.  We're likely talking an 8-Peat or 7/8 in that situation.  Everything else, to quote Wade from Fargo, is "whistling dixie".  :)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3453 on: June 20, 2023, 04:24:44 PM »

Just your opinion. Certainly valid, but I just disagree.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3454 on: June 21, 2023, 12:45:29 PM »
why would someone trade for zion with all the baggage??  or should i say very public baggage? 

not to mention his tenure or lack thereof

way way too much maintenance

Brain dead take.  The public baggage, you mean him getting embarrassed on twitter for knocking ladies up?

He's not the first NBA player to do this, and the only people wringing their hands about it are people who don't actually care about basketball.

The kid can ball when he's healthy.  Treating him like some public pariah is something for weirdos to do.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3455 on: June 21, 2023, 01:24:22 PM »
Brain dead take.  The public baggage, you mean him getting embarrassed on twitter for knocking ladies up?

He's not the first NBA player to do this, and the only people wringing their hands about it are people who don't actually care about basketball.

The kid can ball when he's healthy.  Treating him like some public pariah is something for weirdos to do.

Teams want Tyler Herro and he knocked up some fitness IG model he messaged online.  He’s not even married to her!

And look at this drama!

https://thesportsgrail.com/tyler-herro-baby-mama-and-ex-gf-katya-elise-henry-says-he-has-a-little-dick-after-he-cheated-on-her/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 01:26:48 PM by Uncle Rico »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3456 on: June 21, 2023, 01:33:26 PM »
Yeah Carty, maebea he wiggles hiz worm reel well, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3457 on: June 21, 2023, 02:15:06 PM »
Yeah Carty, maebea he wiggles hiz worm reel well, hey?

Who wants to deal with his personal baggage, though?

Too much maintenance

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3458 on: June 21, 2023, 02:36:09 PM »
The Association has created this mess with their lucrative contracts. All the while they are competing against themselves for talent. Zion's making sex tapes with broads with ass implants, Herro's porkin' anything that feels good, and the Bucks have prostituted themselves to #34 and anything and everything he desires.
Al was right. To coach in the NBA, you have to be paid $1.00 more than the highest paid player on the team, or you're fooked, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3459 on: June 21, 2023, 02:39:39 PM »
The Association has created this mess with their lucrative contracts. All the while they are competing against themselves for talent. Zion's making sex tapes with broads with ass implants, Herro's porkin' anything that feels good, and the Bucks have prostituted themselves to #34 and anything and everything he desires.
Al was right. To coach in the NBA, you have to be paid $1.00 more than the highest paid player on the team, or you're fooked, aina?

😂😂😂

And they don’t play defense!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 02:42:45 PM by Uncle Rico »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3460 on: June 21, 2023, 02:44:47 PM »

LOL...what? Al was wrong. That's a terrible take. NBA players are actually underpaid with their contracts limited by a CBA.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3461 on: June 21, 2023, 02:48:45 PM »

LOL...what? Al was wrong. That's a terrible take. NBA players are actually underpaid with their contracts limited by a CBA.

The old story was, Al wanted to take the Bucks job when they were an expansion team.  I suppose that could be one of the many Al stories that simply isn’t true

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3462 on: June 21, 2023, 03:29:42 PM »

Sir, this is an Arby's.  Any and all solutions to problems can be solved by one of Al's turn of phrases, a moment of wisdom, or a 1970s style solution!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3463 on: June 21, 2023, 04:40:09 PM »
So apparently Boston is getting Porzingas for Brogdon and Gallinari.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3464 on: June 21, 2023, 11:26:19 PM »

So you are against capitalism, supply and demand, and paying what the market is willing to pay?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3465 on: June 22, 2023, 04:08:15 AM »
Nah, eye'm 'gainst da inmates runnin' da asylum, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3466 on: June 22, 2023, 06:19:24 AM »
Me, too.  It helps when they transfer.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3467 on: June 22, 2023, 06:35:59 AM »
Me, too.  It helps when they transfer.

Well, that’s different.  Those guys were white

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3468 on: June 22, 2023, 07:47:40 AM »
Wow, that looks like an incredible trade for the Celtics, who (at least on paper) get taller and younger and more skilled.

They do lose Smart's toughness, and that's no small thing for a team that sometimes appears soft ... but to get Porzingis AND 2 first-rounders for Marcus Smart and a box of rocks sure looks like a steal for Boston.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3469 on: June 22, 2023, 08:10:34 AM »
Wow, that looks like an incredible trade for the Celtics, who (at least on paper) get taller and younger and more skilled.

They do lose Smart's toughness, and that's no small thing for a team that sometimes appears soft ... but to get Porzingis AND 2 first-rounders for Marcus Smart and a box of rocks sure looks like a steal for Boston.

I'm not sure I view it that way. They are really going to miss Smart's versatility on defense, and while Porzingas can put some points on the board, I am not sure adding yet another dude who likes to bomb away from deep is what Boston needed here.  They seem more excited about Derrick White than I would be.  It does get them more cap flexibility since Porzingas is in the last year of his deal though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3470 on: June 22, 2023, 08:31:37 AM »

I'm not sure I view it that way. They are really going to miss Smart's versatility on defense, and while Porzingas can put some points on the board, I am not sure adding yet another dude who likes to bomb away from deep is what Boston needed here.  They seem more excited about Derrick White than I would be.  It does get them more cap flexibility since Porzingas is in the last year of his deal though.

Reasonable take. It should be an interesting season for the Celts.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3471 on: June 22, 2023, 08:40:16 AM »

Smart"s offensive game was erratic to put it mildly in the playoffs. He's obviously a really good defender but his flopping becomes more pronounced in the playoffs.  If they keep Brogdon and add an impact player at #25 Ii think it's a big win.  It's possible they're not done..

As for Porzingas he is a really good pick and pop player and can get some points inside.  I assume they'll keep both of the Williams'   it's clear they believe Derrick White can play near his playoff level. 

Meanwhile, how will the Bucks improve their roster?  Is Middleton coming back? 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3472 on: June 22, 2023, 09:03:25 AM »
With Middleton declining his $40MM option, he must feel he is in line for a big payday, despite the injury history.  He turns 32 this year - what do you do if you're the Bucks?  Re-signing him would probably give them no flexibility going forward, and can they sign both him and Brook? 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3473 on: June 22, 2023, 09:05:37 AM »
Smart seemed to be the aggressive drive of the team to the point of causing a little locker room friction. We'll see if the newly carefree Celtics can step up or if they ramp up their disappearing act under pressure. Weird decision imo, like the Sixers getting rid of Jimmy

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3474 on: June 22, 2023, 09:07:23 AM »
A nice article about MU and Omax from a Heat fan site. https://allucanheat.com/2023/06/21/miami-heat-draft-olivier-maxence-prosper/

feedback