[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146083 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #3375 on: June 14, 2023, 07:08:34 AM »
Agreed, Giannis playing under coach Spo would get him to the next level.

Trade him for Tyler Herro and Tyler can finally play at Fiserv where he belongs and may have played if not for the Hauser boys
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3376 on: June 14, 2023, 07:28:14 AM »
Trade him for Tyler Herro and Tyler can finally play at Fiserv where he belongs and may have played if not for the Hauser boys

I'm not sure the Bucks would go for just Tyler. Maybe throw Strus in there to get all those DePaul fans up to Milwaukee for games.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3377 on: June 14, 2023, 07:32:33 AM »
I'm not sure the Bucks would go for just Tyler. Maybe throw Strus in there to get all those DePaul fans up to Milwaukee for games.

Probably get the folks from Waukesha in the city as well

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3378 on: June 14, 2023, 07:37:34 AM »
Agreed, Giannis playing under coach Spo would get him to the next level.

I don't even know what that means.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3379 on: June 14, 2023, 07:08:48 PM »
What is your current 9 man rotation with the trifecta and today's rules?   I'm thinking:

Curry
Jordan
Jokic
Olajuwon
Lebron
Antetokounmpo
Bird
Magic
Durant

:)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3380 on: June 14, 2023, 09:09:58 PM »
Heat need to win the Dame sweepstakes imo. Not sure what it would take but I think adding a guard like Dame to Jimmy and Bam would make them the east favorites.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3381 on: June 14, 2023, 09:17:22 PM »
Heat need to win the Dame sweepstakes imo. Not sure what it would take but I think adding a guard like Dame to Jimmy and Bam would make them the east favorites.

They probably don't have enough to get Lillard but I think they'll go after Beal. 

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3382 on: June 14, 2023, 09:41:02 PM »
What is your current 9 man rotation with the trifecta and today's rules?   I'm thinking:

Curry
Jordan
Jokic
Olajuwon
Lebron
Antetokounmpo
Bird
Magic
Durant

No Wade?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3383 on: June 14, 2023, 09:57:15 PM »

Curry
Jordan
Jokic
Olajuwon
Lebron
Antetokounmpo
Bird
Magic
Durant

Assuming the goal is to put together the best 9-man lineup, and not the 9-best players.

I would swap out Lebron for Pippen. Not because I think Pippen is better, or because I dislike Lebron, but rather to get another elite defender in the lineup that would know their role.

Or keep Lebron, and swap Pippen for Durant.

Might also consider going with Dirk at the 4 to spread the court more. Can bring some elite shooting from the 4 position.

That would allow an offense heavy lineup.

Curry
Jordan
Bird
Nowitzki
Jokic

Run the ball through Jordan/Curry/Jokic, allow Bird and Nowitzki to spread the floor.

When you need more defense swap in Hakeem/Pippen.

I'd also consider swapping out Magic for Oscar Robertson, but can't go wrong with Magic at all. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3384 on: June 14, 2023, 10:19:51 PM »
Assuming the goal is to put together the best 9-man lineup, and not the 9-best players.

I would swap out Lebron for Pippen. Not because I think Pippen is better, or because I dislike Lebron, but rather to get another elite defender in the lineup that would know their role.

Or keep Lebron, and swap Pippen for Durant.

Might also consider going with Dirk at the 4 to spread the court more. Can bring some elite shooting from the 4 position.

That would allow an offense heavy lineup.

Curry
Jordan
Bird
Nowitzki
Jokic

Run the ball through Jordan/Curry/Jokic, allow Bird and Nowitzki to spread the floor.

When you need more defense swap in Hakeem/Pippen.

I'd also consider swapping out Magic for Oscar Robertson, but can't go wrong with Magic at all.

Fair points.  I think things would be okay with both scenarios? I'm confident they could get the job done. Imagine that bench?  :)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3385 on: June 15, 2023, 04:32:49 AM »
They probably don't have enough to get Lillard but I think they'll go after Beal.

excellent thoughts, but i don't believe they are "available" and/or are their respective teams willing to part with them and at what cost? 

of the available free agent shooting guards-

austin reeves-i really like this kid.  plays like he always has something to prove.  tough as balls with a better than average shot.  will drive and dish or go head to head with a mission

jordan clarkson- lanky, proven scorer.  hybrid between point & shooting guard.  draws necessary attention but can pass well

gary trent-tough mofo can score when you need him to.  may fit well with heat, but i think they need more

bruce brown-could they lure him over from the "enemy"?  money is money man...again, is he what miami needs? 

donte divincenzo-loved this guy as a buck, but played 3rd fiddle at g.s.  he is one of the most scrappy players who can defend and hit the 3.  they could probably snag donte for a decent price and get their money's worth.  the city and the state for that matter is a mess; i would in a new york second for miami or anywhere else for that matter except L.A. or portland
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #3386 on: June 15, 2023, 07:43:21 AM »
If those are the best free agent shooting guards, the market's terrible. None of those guys are taking Miami to the "next level."

And I doubt Donte has any issues with living and working in San Francisco.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3387 on: June 15, 2023, 07:47:23 AM »
If those are the best free agent shooting guards, the market's terrible. None of those guys are taking Miami to the "next level."

Well, he’s a scrappy white guy.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3388 on: June 15, 2023, 08:02:54 AM »

those are the only "free agents" i could come up with.  otherwise, miami would have to swing a trade.  who would they be willing to give up to get a lillard or a beal??  i doubt a bunch of draft picks(probably high ones) would do it.

disclaimer-these were just opinions...never said donte has an issue living/working in san francisco

side note-as i was goggling lillard, maybe it was discussed here, but i haven't heard it otherwise, but rumors of the bucks getting damien lillard??  wow!!  love it!  but depends on who they would have to give up as well.  could be a sports writer dreaming?

https://wisportsheroics.com/milwaukee-bucks-damian-lillard-trade-rumor/?expand_article=1
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #3389 on: June 15, 2023, 08:09:59 AM »
those are the only "free agents" i could come up with.  otherwise, miami would have to swing a trade.  who would they be willing to give up to get a lillard or a beal??  i doubt a bunch of draft picks(probably high ones) would do it.

Just looking at contract figures and not knowing the details of any no-trade clauses, etc., they would have to give up something like the expiring contracts of Kyle Lowery and Caleb Martin, plus a guy like Nicola Jovic, to get Lillard.  They also have a '24 first round pick.

But this is what teams have to do to get multiple star players - trade their depth.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #3390 on: June 15, 2023, 08:43:03 AM »

Just looking at contract figures and not knowing the details of any no-trade clauses, etc., they would have to give up something like the expiring contracts of Kyle Lowery and Caleb Martin, plus a guy like Nicola Jovic, to get Lillard.  They also have a '24 first round pick.

But this is what teams have to do to get multiple star players - trade their depth.
Here's one site's proposal:
Heat-Blazers Damian Lillard trade
Miami Heat Receive: Damian Lillard

Portland Trail Blazers Receive: Tyler Herro, Caleb Martin, Nikola Jovic, Victor Oladipo, No. 18 pick in 2023, 2027 first-round pick, 2029 first-round pick

• All American
« Reply #3391 on: June 15, 2023, 08:46:04 AM »
I think teams are going to steer clear of Herro's contract. He's just starting the first of a four year, $120M deal.  But then again, who knows?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3392 on: June 15, 2023, 08:52:02 AM »
I think teams are going to steer clear of Herro's contract. He's just starting the first of a four year, $120M deal.  But then again, who knows?

Those teams don’t know ball, aina?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #3393 on: June 15, 2023, 08:56:49 AM »
Well, he's no Gabe Vincent.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3394 on: June 15, 2023, 09:01:32 AM »

I think Washington would definitely consider unloading Beal for Herro and his contact along with Robinson and multiple 1st rd picks.  Beal's contract I believe is also for another 3yrs.  When the guy is healthy he can score and not just with the triple. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3395 on: June 15, 2023, 09:19:50 AM »
Here's one site's proposal:
Heat-Blazers Damian Lillard trade
Miami Heat Receive: Damian Lillard

Portland Trail Blazers Receive: Tyler Herro, Caleb Martin, Nikola Jovic, Victor Oladipo, No. 18 pick in 2023, 2027 first-round pick, 2029 first-round pick

I'm not trying to go all withoutbias here, but can Jimmy co-exist with another top 20 player?  I love the guy, but that crashed and burned in Minnesota and Philadelphia.  Both those circumstances have a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what have yous, but my impression from Jimmy is that he thrives in the try-hard, underdog role.  After being the guy in Miami for a bunch of years, I'm not sure he would adjust well to bringing Dame in.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3396 on: June 15, 2023, 09:21:41 AM »
If he has another star with the same all in, team mentality.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #3397 on: June 15, 2023, 09:26:55 AM »
I'm not trying to go all withoutbias here, but can Jimmy co-exist with another top 20 player?  I love the guy, but that crashed and burned in Minnesota and Philadelphia.  Both those circumstances have a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what have yous, but my impression from Jimmy is that he thrives in the try-hard, underdog role.  After being the guy in Miami for a bunch of years, I'm not sure he would adjust well to bringing Dame in.

I don't think he crashed and burned in Philly at all. By all reports he got along with Embiid just fine.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3398 on: June 15, 2023, 09:33:25 AM »
If he has another star with the same all in, team mentality.

I guess this is where my suspicion comes in.  Does Jimmy have the same "all in, team mentality" if there is another leader or if he has to share or even give up the mantle of the "hardest working, grittiest guy on the team"?  I think Jimmy and Buzz share a lot of the same core traits, especially in the primacy they have to have in a team's success.  Part of me thinks that Jimmy is happiest to be a "Hall of Very Good" type player that would ultimately rather will an underdog team to overachieve as the undisputed leader vs hunt for a championship as the 1A to Dame or Embiid's 1.

I don't think he crashed and burned in Philly at all. By all reports he got along with Embiid just fine.

You may be right and I am probably misremembering how that went/ended.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3399 on: June 15, 2023, 09:46:48 AM »
I guess this is where my suspicion comes in.  Does Jimmy have the same "all in, team mentality" if there is another leader or if he has to share or even give up the mantle of the "hardest working, grittiest guy on the team"?  I think Jimmy and Buzz share a lot of the same core traits, especially in the primacy they have to have in a team's success.  Part of me thinks that Jimmy is happiest to be a "Hall of Very Good" type player that would ultimately rather will an underdog team to overachieve as the undisputed leader vs hunt for a championship as the 1A to Dame or Embiid's 1.

I’m not so sure Jimmy would be 1A to Dame.  The Heat is unquestionably Jimmy’s team and if Dame is leaving Portland at this point, it’s to chase a ‘ship, not go somewhere else to be the man.   I think those two would coexist just fine.  Honestly I think a Jimmy/Dame fit makes more sense than a Jimmy/Beal fit