[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146168 times)

21Jumpstreet

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #3300 on: June 09, 2023, 09:44:24 PM »
Just turned it on, nice little push by the Heat and a JFB and 1. Stay aggressive, this would be a massive win.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3301 on: June 09, 2023, 09:46:30 PM »
True, that was awful. But Jokic’s 4th foul was just a stupid decision by such a smart player.

I know it was early, but they should have challenged his 2nd foul. Didn't even remotely touch Lowry, actually stepped out of the way so he wouldn't foul.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3302 on: June 09, 2023, 09:46:39 PM »
Just turned it on, nice little push by the Heat and a JFB and 1. Stay aggressive, this would be a massive win.

Good timing.  Can they pull this off??

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #3303 on: June 09, 2023, 09:47:52 PM »
So was Spo intentionally tanking or an idiot? I mean if it's not even debatable

“I was provided the facts and there’s absolutely no argument to be made, so I’ll ask a dumb question instead.”

So Bellichick was intentionally tanking or an idiot.

The results speak for themselves. It’s clear as day.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3304 on: June 09, 2023, 09:53:24 PM »
“I was provided the facts and there’s absolutely no argument to be made, so I’ll ask a dumb question instead.”

Lol. You initially said “Gabe Vincent is just a straight up better basketball player than Tyler Herro,” and now you’re switching the take.

Because, once again, Vincent is having a terrible game.

But sure. Keep going…
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3305 on: June 09, 2023, 10:00:35 PM »
Bruce Brown just attacking Duncan Robinson.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3306 on: June 09, 2023, 10:01:56 PM »
Bruce Brown just attacking Duncan Robinson.

Brown has been excellent. Not a good performance from Miami.  Extremely disappointing. 

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #3307 on: June 09, 2023, 10:04:05 PM »
Good timing.  Can they pull this off??

Nope. Ovah.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3308 on: June 09, 2023, 10:05:56 PM »
Did Brooklyn trade Brown or choose not to re-sign him?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3309 on: June 09, 2023, 10:09:35 PM »
Ever since WithoutBias dropped his usual moronic comment and disguised it as fact.

Heat have lost two at home.

Vincent has went 3/16 1/10 from 3 with 9 total pts, 1 assist and ZERO rebounds. On a -37.

Haha.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3310 on: June 09, 2023, 10:09:46 PM »
Impressive.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3311 on: June 09, 2023, 10:09:53 PM »
Thought Miami was going to get this one. They got about as friendly a whistle as they could have hoped for. The Nuggets just have too many horses.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3312 on: June 09, 2023, 10:17:42 PM »
Thought Miami was going to get this one. They got about as friendly a whistle as they could have hoped for. The Nuggets just have too many horses.

Too much size but Miami played very poorly on their home floor.  Denver's D was quite good but the Heat were pretty much a disaster. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3313 on: June 09, 2023, 10:31:00 PM »
The Nuggets kind of have an ideal team build right now.

Two big time stars, where one of them does not really require big-time scoring to completely dominate the game. It give Murray the opportunity to play his game. Then they have assembled a great cast of players that know their role and play with very high energy.

Too many of the other teams with a Big Two, have their stars clash, where both really need to be dominating the ball and scoring to impact the game.

Jokic is really a unique and special star.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3314 on: June 09, 2023, 10:33:00 PM »
The Nuggets kind of have an ideal team build right now.

Two big time stars, where one of them does not really require big-time scoring to completely dominate the game. It give Murray the opportunity to play his game. Then they have assembled a great cast of players that know their role and play with very high energy.

Too many of the other teams with a Big Two, have their stars clash, where both really need to be dominating the ball and scoring to impact the game.

Jokic is really a unique and special star.

Murray having 12 assists and ZERO turns is pretty damn impressive.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #3315 on: June 09, 2023, 10:36:43 PM »
Maybe it was Olidipo getting injured that spurred their success, or a butterfly flapping its wings in St. Petersburg.

Your argument atet "it is very clear" has no merit. The better explanation is that they are a very good team period, and their struggles this year were largely due to them having the most missed games due to injury in the entire NBA, and that towards the end of the season, they were able to finally start getting rotations that worked and brought them success.

Add in, that they are a strong defensive and 3-pt shooting team. Those two aspects are what win in the playoffs.

Herro is the better player period. I can't believe that this is still an ongoing discussion.

Well they’re still down a starter and a 26 mpg, double digit scorer. And they were actually one of the worst (maybe the very worst?) 3 point shooting teams in the NBA this year, and Herro was their best 3 point shooter of rotational players. They just happen to have the right players injured now. It’s amazing what happens to your shooting when the ball actually moves.

Lol. You initially said “Gabe Vincent is just a straight up better basketball player than Tyler Herro,” and now you’re switching the take.

Because, once again, Vincent is having a terrible game.

But sure. Keep going…

I’d take Gabe Vincent 7 days a week if I was a team with aspirations of winning in the Playoffs. But you’re right. Tyler Herro would never have 2 bad games in a row! He’s a mega star!

Ever since WithoutBias dropped his usual moronic comment and disguised it as fact.

Heat have lost two at home.

Vincent has went 3/16 1/10 from 3 with 9 total pts, 1 assist and ZERO rebounds. On a -37.

Haha.

Oh no! Not two bad games! They lost two games in a row to the best team in the NBA! To drop their winning percentage against the 3 best teams in the NBA plus the Knicks to .591? After having a .535 winning percentage against all teams in the NBA?

Go back to crying about KAT and the TWolves constantly and then claim not to be a TWolves fan. Or cry about Twins management and FO some more. It’s super interesting and everyone really cares about it on a Wisconsin based sports forum. You’re super good at it and entertaining. Clown.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3316 on: June 09, 2023, 10:38:42 PM »
The Nuggets are doing this even though Porter clearly has been kidnapped by Martians.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3317 on: June 09, 2023, 10:41:01 PM »
Well they’re still down a starter and a 26 mpg, double digit scorer. And they were actually one of the worst (maybe the very worst?) 3 point shooting teams in the NBA this year, and Herro was their best 3 point shooter of rotational players. They just happen to have the right players injured now. It’s amazing what happens to your shooting when the ball actually moves.

I’d take Gabe Vincent 7 days a week if I was a team with aspirations of winning in the Playoffs. But you’re right. Tyler Herro would never have 2 bad games in a row! He’s a mega star!

Oh no! Not two bad games! They lost two games in a row to the best team in the NBA! To drop their winning percentage against the 3 best teams in the NBA plus the Knicks to .591? After having a .535 winning percentage against all teams in the NBA?

Go back to crying about KAT and the TWolves constantly and then claim not to be a TWolves fan. Or cry about Twins management and FO some more. It’s super interesting and everyone really cares about it on a Wisconsin based sports forum. You’re super good at it and entertaining. Clown.

Haha your go to anytime someone makes you look like an idiot(always) is to have an irrelevent to the conversation meltdown

You dont know sports, its ok. Not everyone can. Makes it fun to have people like you around.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3318 on: June 09, 2023, 10:41:48 PM »

"I was provided all the facts and there's no argument to be made, so I'll go back to a dumb comparison that's already been addressed".

The problem with the results is that you have decided that there is only one variable and it is responsible for 100% of the results. And the funny thing is, even if it were true, that wouldn't be Herro issue. That would be a coaching issue.

You keep insisting that a guy Spo played "a bright blinking target to attack defensively and a ball stopping, high volume scorer on offense" that was hurting the team for 35 minutes a game for 67 games. I'm just confused how a hall of fame coach couldn't figure that out with 67 games of evidence and even more practice hours when it is so obvious and not even debatable.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #3319 on: June 09, 2023, 10:44:46 PM »
"I was provided all the facts and there's no argument to be made, so I'll go back to a dumb comparison that's already been addressed".

The problem with the results is that you have decided that there is only one variable and it is responsible for 100% of the results. And the funny thing is, even if it were true, that wouldn't be Herro issue. That would be a coaching issue.

You keep insisting that a guy Spo played "a bright blinking target to attack defensively and a ball stopping, high volume scorer on offense" that was hurting the team for 35 minutes a game for 67 games. I'm just confused how a hall of fame coach couldn't figure that out with 67 games of evidence and even more practice hours when it is so obvious and not even debatable.

Why couldn’t Bill figure out Tom was better than Drew in 2000? Bellichick just an idiot.

You really believe every good coach ever has always played their best players every game and never missed on who they were playing?

Fair enough. That’s simply absurd and if you want to close your eyes to what has happened feel free.

Haha your go to anytime someone makes you look like an idiot(always) is to have an irrelevent to the conversation meltdown

You dont know sports, its ok. Not everyone can. Makes it fun to have people like you around.

The lack of self awareness is beyond incredible here.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3320 on: June 09, 2023, 10:51:34 PM »
Why couldn’t Bill figure out Tom was better than Drew in 2000? Bellichick just an idiot.

You really believe every good coach ever has always played their best players every game and never missed on who they were playing?

Fair enough. That’s simply absurd and if you want to close your eyes to what has happened feel free.

The lack of self awareness is beyond incredible here.

Yes we all know. Its obvious and not debatable.

But maybe one day youll gain it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3321 on: June 09, 2023, 11:32:39 PM »

In 2000? How do you know Tom was better than Drew that year?

No. I do believe every hall of fame coach who has had an entire season of actual games plus practices has either gotten it right or the two players were close enough that it was at least debatable.

You don't seem to understand that I don't actually take issue with the idea that the Heat are better with Vincent playing more minutes than Herro. I don't agree but I think it's a perfectly reasonable position to take. It's the instance that this is opinion is a fact that isn't debatable and the heavy use of logical fallacies to defend this position.

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #3322 on: June 10, 2023, 04:54:22 AM »
In 2000? How do you know Tom was better than Drew that year?

No. I do believe every hall of fame coach who has had an entire season of actual games plus practices has either gotten it right or the two players were close enough that it was at least debatable.

You don't seem to understand that I don't actually take issue with the idea that the Heat are better with Vincent playing more minutes than Herro. I don't agree but I think it's a perfectly reasonable position to take. It's the instance that this is opinion is a fact that isn't debatable and the heavy use of logical fallacies to defend this position.
It's as if Tyler and Jimmy Eiffel Towered his grandmother.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3323 on: June 10, 2023, 05:59:26 AM »
Tough night for Tyler Junior College
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3324 on: June 10, 2023, 06:49:53 AM »
I’d take Gabe Vincent 7 days a week if I was a team with aspirations of winning in the Playoffs. But you’re right. Tyler Herro would never have 2 bad games in a row!t He’s a mega star!

LOL.  I's not two bad games. Its an entire season of not being as good as Herro.  Frankly its FOUR entire seasons of not being as good. And this is where your ridiculous Patriots comparison falls apart.  Brady replaced a former All Pro quarter back in game two of his second season.  Vincent and Herro have been teammates for FOUR YEARS. This idea that Spo had this player sitting next to him for FOUR seasons and didn't play him more at the expense of Herro is just an astounding assertion. His VORP over is career is -1.1!

I mean, he wasn't even on the floor during the fourth quarter last night.  And here's the thing - I don't even think Herro is as good as his future contract. The Heat could of course upgrade that position.  But Gabe-f*cking-Vincent!?!?!?!?!

It's just an awful take that you have now quintupled down on.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow