[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146189 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #3250 on: June 08, 2023, 09:01:44 AM »
I really love watching Jokic play. In addition to his physical talent, he "thinks" and "sees" such a great game. He's like Gretzky or Bird or Magic in the way he anticipates openings in the opposing defense.

Van Gundy made a really good point about how soft Jokic's shot is -- he gets bounces that a lot of others don't, and often those bounces happen after a spinning move during which he has to contort that big body of his.

A truly unique offensive talent, and one that would have excelled in any era IMHO.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3251 on: June 08, 2023, 09:22:32 AM »
This guy gets it.  Do we really think it's just a coincidence that after a full season of playing every team in the NBA, the Heat lose Herro and then play the 3 best teams in the NBA plus a solid but not spectacular Knicks team and have a much better winning percentage and a much, much better offensive efficiency?  Their offense changed without Herro.  The ball actually moves.  They're clearly a better team without Herro in the lineup.

But oh no!  They looked bad for a single game!

I noticed that Fluffy essentially said nothing positive about Vincent or Robinson after G2 but is now excoriating Gabe because he had a bad game.  The fact of the matter is, as you have stated repeatedly, Miami without Herro no longer has a perpetual ball stopper who dribbles superfluously like Kyrie.  The flow of the offense is completely different with far better ball and player movement.  It's not about which individual is better, it's about whether the team is better.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3252 on: June 08, 2023, 09:26:09 AM »
I noticed that Fluffy essentially said nothing positive about Vincent or Robinson after G2 but is now excoriating Gabe because he had a bad game.  The fact of the matter is, as you have stated repeatedly, Miami without Herro no longer has a perpetual ball stopper who dribbles superfluously like Kyrie.  The flow of the offense is completely different with far better ball and player movement.  It's not about which individual is better, it's about whether the team is better.

Ah, shifting goalposts I see....
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3253 on: June 08, 2023, 09:27:26 AM »
I really love watching Jokic play. In addition to his physical talent, he "thinks" and "sees" such a great game. He's like Gretzky or Bird or Magic in the way he anticipates openings in the opposing defense.

Van Gundy made a really good point about how soft Jokic's shot is -- he gets bounces that a lot of others don't, and often those bounces happen after a spinning move during which he has to contort that big body of his.

A truly unique offensive talent, and one that would have excelled in any era IMHO.

Yes, no question about it.  Although I do think the throwback player that would have been unbelievable today is Hakeem.  He would have extended his range and could guard all over the floor.  His post game and quicks were ridiculous.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3254 on: June 08, 2023, 09:28:19 AM »
Ah, shifting goalposts I see....

Not at all.  Is that your euphemism for I don't have a rebuttal?  :)

• All American
« Reply #3255 on: June 08, 2023, 09:33:39 AM »
Not at all.  Is that your euphemism for I don't have a rebuttal?  :)

Again, you said "addition by subtraction." Now when shown how ridiculous a statement that is, you are merely parroting someone else's point. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3256 on: June 08, 2023, 09:35:43 AM »
Again, you said "addition by subtraction." Now when shown how ridiculous a statement that is, you are merely parroting someone else's point.

Have a good day Fluffy.  The whole point of addition by subtraction is that multiple guys are now involved and the ball movement is better. 

• All American
« Reply #3257 on: June 08, 2023, 09:41:12 AM »
Have a good day Fluffy.  The whole point of addition by subtraction is that multiple guys are now involved and the ball movement is better. 

Ahh...  ::)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3258 on: June 08, 2023, 10:21:21 AM »
Fore a basketball chat board, itz amazin' how many y'all don't no chit 'bout ball, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3259 on: June 08, 2023, 10:22:53 AM »
Fore a basketball chat board, itz amazin' how many y'all don't no chit 'bout ball, hey?

The Hausers were right.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3260 on: June 08, 2023, 10:29:56 AM »
Woj knew nothing about interpersonal relationships or coaching a team. Plus, he was either stubborn, ignorant, or both and didn't learn. So yeah, the Hausers were write. Move on if you don't like something. The differences between Shaka and Woj are so apparent. Pretty sure Smart would neva gotten his tit stuck in a wringer like Woj did, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3261 on: June 08, 2023, 11:01:48 AM »
Woj knew nothing about interpersonal relationships or coaching a team. Plus, he was either stubborn, ignorant, or both and didn't learn. So yeah, the Hausers were write. Move on if you don't like something. The differences between Shaka and Woj are so apparent. Pretty sure Smart would neva gotten his tit stuck in a wringer like Woj did, aina?

Next man up, aina?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3262 on: June 08, 2023, 11:05:44 AM »
Miami has done well in the postseason without Herro.

There is absolutely no way to know whether they would have done better, worse or the same with him.

But carry on ...

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3263 on: June 08, 2023, 11:08:45 AM »
The Heat in this series? They are not “just fine.”

Yep. Denver in 5.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3264 on: June 08, 2023, 12:39:40 PM »
Denver is clearly the better team. The heat have to shoot close to 50% from 3 to win. No other way.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3265 on: June 08, 2023, 03:00:47 PM »
"I'm back!" ~Joe Prunty
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3266 on: June 08, 2023, 04:07:47 PM »
"I'm back!" ~Joe Prunty

Between Prunty and Stotts on Stats coming back, we are seeing some of the Greatest Hits.

• All American
« Reply #3267 on: June 08, 2023, 04:11:49 PM »
"I'm back!" ~Joe Prunty

First Stotts...now Prunty.

Wonder what Scott Skiles or Larry Drew are up to.

• All American
« Reply #3268 on: June 08, 2023, 04:12:31 PM »
Between Prunty and Stotts on Stats coming back, we are seeing some of the Greatest Hits.

Larry Kryskowiak - tanned, rested and ready.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3269 on: June 08, 2023, 06:23:44 PM »
First Stotts...now Prunty.

Wonder what Scott Skiles or Larry Drew are up to.

I'll translate...Griffin is nowhere ready to be an NBA head coach. He's sitting in that seat simply because #34 runs the team and could bolt at anytime if his feelings get hurt, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3270 on: June 08, 2023, 06:41:02 PM »
You have to look at the playoffs as a whole.  Vincent and Martin have been huge in their wins.  Vincent isn't better than Herro, it about the rotation now and the collective production of several players.  Herro is a very good iso scorer but that would not have been a winning formula for the Heat in the playoffs and would have truncated the minutes of three players that have all been highly important to their Finals run.

None of this addresses what I posted. Herro being available or not available has nothing to do with how Vincent or Martin have performed in the playoffs. If Herro was available, Spo could have still played Vincent and Martin in the exact same way and just had Herro come off the bench, or sit on the bench in case of emergency. I guarantee you that even if you accept the premise that Heat are better with Vincent and Martin playing big minutes, Herro is at very least better than the last guy on the roster. Ergo, not addition by subtraction.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3271 on: June 08, 2023, 07:53:22 PM »
None of this addresses what I posted. Herro being available or not available has nothing to do with how Vincent or Martin have performed in the playoffs. If Herro was available, Spo could have still played Vincent and Martin in the exact same way and just had Herro come off the bench, or sit on the bench in case of emergency. I guarantee you that even if you accept the premise that Heat are better with Vincent and Martin playing big minutes, Herro is at very least better than the last guy on the roster. Ergo, not addition by subtraction.

Herro averaged 35 mins a game during the course of the season and close to 17 shots per game.   I disagree that Spo would have played Martin, Vincent, or Robinson close to the minutes they have gotten in the playoffs. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3272 on: June 09, 2023, 06:52:21 AM »
Herro averaged 35 mins a game during the course of the season and close to 17 shots per game.   I disagree that Spo would have played Martin, Vincent, or Robinson close to the minutes they have gotten in the playoffs.

What does Spo know
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3273 on: June 09, 2023, 10:13:49 AM »

So are you saying that Spo, one of the best current basketball coaches in the world,  couldn't figure out what lineup and rotations are best for his team? But you can?

Even if this is true,  thats a coaching issue,  not addition by subtraction
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3274 on: June 09, 2023, 10:53:55 AM »
Muggsy used the term "addition by subtraction" incorrectly. Based on his many comments, it appears he meant that Miami has played better as a team during the postseason stretch without Herro than they did during any stretch of the season with him. That's accurate.

It still doesn't speak to how they would have played with Herro in the postseason had he been healthy. That, we don't know. What we do know is that they generally have played well without him.