[Today at 04:43:25 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146193 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #3100 on: May 30, 2023, 11:07:33 AM »
Peddle their asses, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3101 on: May 30, 2023, 11:10:02 AM »
I thought his body language was awful and his leadership skills were nowhere to be found after he turned the ankle.  Now he is young but has a lot of experience.  Even after the game he was essentially making excuses.  And that goes for the entire Celtics team as they are constantly complaining and engaging in narcissistic douchebaggery. 

The fact of the matter is the better team won, period.  The refs also didn't exactly help the Heat in this contest.  They had liike two FT's with 5 mins to go in the game and never got a whistle at the rim.  Smart "takes a charge" after looking like a bump on Jimmy was analogous to getting run over by a rhino, his bcrap needs to stop. 

if you're Boston what do you do with Brown and Mazzulla?  Do you sign Brown for 300m?  What's a viable trade?  Have you seen enough of Mazzulla?  Obviously he wasn't very good but is the youngest coach in the league in his 1st year.  Personally, I think I get rid of both of them but they have to get the right pieces for Brown.  And what happens if Sam through the advice of his family writes a letter?

Wonder if Mr. Hauser was waiting outside the C's locker room after the game last night.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3102 on: May 30, 2023, 11:24:58 AM »
I thought his body language was awful and his leadership skills were nowhere to be found after he turned the ankle.  Now he is young but has a lot of experience.  Even after the game he was essentially making excuses.  And that goes for the entire Celtics team as they are constantly complaining and engaging in narcissistic douchebaggery. 

The fact of the matter is the better team won, period.  The refs also didn't exactly help the Heat in this contest.  They had liike two FT's with 5 mins to go in the game and never got a whistle at the rim.  Smart "takes a charge" after looking like a bump on Jimmy was analogous to getting run over by a rhino, his bcrap needs to stop. 

if you're Boston what do you do with Brown and Mazzulla?  Do you sign Brown for 300m?  What's a viable trade?  Have you seen enough of Mazzulla?  Obviously he wasn't very good but is the youngest coach in the league in his 1st year.  Personally, I think I get rid of both of them but they have to get the right pieces for Brown.  And what happens if Sam through the advice of his family writes a letter?

I think the Celtics need to explore the market for Brown this year. The idea of giving him a Super Max would make me queasy, but then since he would be a UFA at the end of the season, I don't know what the alternative would be outside of a trade to a willing partner that would give up something big in return.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3103 on: May 30, 2023, 01:20:51 PM »
I think the Celtics need to explore the market for Brown this year. The idea of giving him a Super Max would make me queasy, but then since he would be a UFA at the end of the season, I don't know what the alternative would be outside of a trade to a willing partner that would give up something big in return.

It's not an easy decision but it seems to me Tatum and Brown don't particularly mesh.  They individually have a lot of success but on the floor you really don't see the two of them play off of each other.  That said both are very capable defenders and can guard multiple positions.  Remember, Brown was great in last year's Finals while Tatum struggled mightily.  What's most dumbfounding is how bad both Tatum and Brown were in particular games during the playoffs.  Brown was absolutely dreadful yesterday.  That was as bad a total game I have seen played by an all-NBA player.  Especially when you consider he knew he had to produce after Tatum hurt his ankle. I do think coaching played some role in.their struggles but 300m is a lot of coin. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3105 on: May 30, 2023, 10:21:12 PM »

Kind of a harsh take on Tatum given he looked like he severely sprained his ankle on the first play of the game. Most players would have been taken to the locker room and been done for the game. He tried to gut it out.

My only criticism is...should he have even been playing? Depending on the nature of the injury, he very well could have done more damage, or did do more damage.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3106 on: May 31, 2023, 10:10:44 PM »
Whatup Monty. Get that bag.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #3107 on: June 01, 2023, 12:32:37 AM »
Why do so many Scoopers care about the Celtics? unnatural carnal knowledge em.

• All American
« Reply #3108 on: June 01, 2023, 03:56:14 AM »
Whatup Monty. Get that bag.

I think he’s a good coach but I don’t know…

NBA teams are swimming in money these days so they might as well pay big for the coach they want.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3109 on: June 01, 2023, 07:36:45 AM »
Koaches no matta, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3110 on: June 01, 2023, 07:42:52 AM »

NBA teams are swimming in money these days so they might as well pay big for the coach they want.

It sounds pretty insane. 

• All American
« Reply #3111 on: June 01, 2023, 07:49:48 AM »
It sounds pretty insane. 

The current CBA splits revenue between the owners and the players about 50/50.  The current media deals are so lucrative that the top players make $50M per year.  So teams have plenty of $$ to dish out to a coach.

I just question if Monty is worth that much, but the Pistons do.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3112 on: June 01, 2023, 08:23:44 AM »
The current CBA splits revenue between the owners and the players about 50/50.  The current media deals are so lucrative that the top players make $50M per year.  So teams have plenty of $$ to dish out to a coach.

What about the luxury taxes most good teams are paying?

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3113 on: June 01, 2023, 08:49:39 AM »

I respect his agent's negotiating after the Bucks and 76ers had already passed on him and hired the other two hot names this cycle.  I'm sure the main leverage was "eh, he'll just sit out next year."  But to turn that into a record deal to coach a young team with a lot of talent is still impressive.

• All American
« Reply #3114 on: June 01, 2023, 08:52:43 AM »
What about the luxury taxes most good teams are paying?

Good question that I don't fully know the answer to.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3115 on: June 01, 2023, 08:56:31 AM »

Well if he is worth it what are Pop, Spo, and Kerr worth?  I think we are seeing from Spo and Miami that coaching does matter but truthfully I have no idea how you differentiate between most of the coaches in the NBA.  We've had 5 former COY's fired.  Quinn Snyder, Carlisle, McMillan, all seem like good coaches. How exactly do you differentiate between most of them notwithstanding what Spo has done vs other coaches and teams this year?

• All American
« Reply #3116 on: June 01, 2023, 10:27:21 AM »
Well if he is worth it what are Pop, Spo, and Kerr worth?  I think we are seeing from Spo and Miami that coaching does matter but truthfully I have no idea how you differentiate between most of the coaches in the NBA.  We've had 5 former COY's fired.  Quinn Snyder, Carlisle, McMillan, all seem like good coaches. How exactly do you differentiate between most of them notwithstanding what Spo has done vs other coaches and teams this year?

I have no idea. But if some NBA owner wants to sink $10M into a coach, that's fine by me.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3117 on: June 01, 2023, 12:01:49 PM »
Interesting what-doomed-the-Celtics stat from The Athletic:

Brown and Tatum shot a combined 18 for 90 from the 3-point arc during the series, an almost unfathomable 20 percent. Caleb Martin alone made four more 3-pointers than Boston’s two All-Stars combined — and he did it on 45 fewer attempts.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3118 on: June 01, 2023, 12:05:58 PM »
Interesting what-doomed-the-Celtics stat from The Athletic:

Brown and Tatum shot a combined 18 for 90 from the 3-point arc during the series, an almost unfathomable 20 percent. Caleb Martin alone made four more 3-pointers than Boston’s two All-Stars combined — and he did it on 45 fewer attempts.

Heat defense causes teams to play poorly. The C's didn't have any chance in the coaching duel, but still the Heat just get under team's skin and turn the game ugly. Love to see it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3119 on: June 01, 2023, 12:15:26 PM »
Heat defense causes teams to play poorly. The C's didn't have any chance in the coaching duel, but still the Heat just get under team's skin and turn the game ugly. Love to see it.

Yet Jokic is "tough to watch."  We find very different things to be entertaining in terms of basketball.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3120 on: June 01, 2023, 12:20:23 PM »
Tonight is the night the Heat need to seize the game with no mercy.  You would expect serious rust from Denver.  Obviously I and most everyone underestimated Miami but I do think they must get a split. 

My gut feeling is Denver is going to be too much.  That team is enormous and I don't see Bam being able to guard Jokic one on one.  I also don’t think their zone will be particularly effective like it was vs Boston.  Miami has been most dangerous with small ball.....but the question is can you small ball the Nuggets?  Who will Gabe Vincent or Lowry guard?  KCP?  If Miami pulls this off it may be the greatest title run in sports history.  And I'm not saying that because they were an #8 seed. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3121 on: June 01, 2023, 12:22:16 PM »
Denver in 4 or 5. Don't think it'll be that close. They'll have a shot with Spo and Jimmy, but Malone is significantly better than Thibs or Mazzulla.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3122 on: June 01, 2023, 12:45:32 PM »
Denver in 4 or 5. Don't think it'll be that close. They'll have a shot with Spo and Jimmy, but Malone is significantly better than Thibs or Mazzulla.

Miami will have to go bananas from distance to have a chance?  Nikola is a problem imo. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3123 on: June 01, 2023, 12:55:07 PM »
Mazzulla getting a year two in Boston.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3124 on: June 01, 2023, 12:57:05 PM »
I'm just hoping for an entertaining series. I love watching Jimmy at his best on the court, but the Nuggets are very easy to root for, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson