[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146177 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #2475 on: May 12, 2023, 02:29:30 PM »
So the two time Finals MVP had nothing to do with winning the finals.

As least your takes are consistently braindead.

It's a strange argument.  Next thing you know Jockey will be telling us that he was quicker than Muggsy off the bounce and had a higher vert.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2476 on: May 12, 2023, 02:34:09 PM »
Barf

Coincidentally my reaction to some of the Bucks request for interviews so far.  Kenny Atkinson? Meh.  Scott F-ING Brooks?! I thought it was a Woj parody account.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2477 on: May 12, 2023, 02:37:06 PM »
I remember when we hired Bud, there were some really weird names thrown out and we all wondered why’d they’d go for them while Bud was sitting out there.

I won’t get worked up until someone reputable says it won’t be Nurse. I may be able to be talked into Lue.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2478 on: May 12, 2023, 02:38:04 PM »
Coincidentally my reaction to some of the Bucks request for interviews so far.  Kenny Atkinson? Meh.  Scott F-ING Brooks?! I thought it was a Woj parody account.

They’re casting a wide net and interviewing basically any name that’s available right now. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t come down to candidates like Ty Lue (eh), Monty Williams (eh), or Nick Nurse.

But I’d be open to others. If Brooks brings Dame along I’d be in for it (he was okay in OKC and Washington early, too). Atkinson did well with a young Nets team before Kyrie decided he wanted to be the coach. I’ll keep an open mind on whoever they hire, because most haven’t had the chance to coach a talent like Giannis. That makes success come easier.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2479 on: May 12, 2023, 03:09:39 PM »

Tom Izzo or bust
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2480 on: May 12, 2023, 04:39:42 PM »
So the two time Finals MVP had nothing to do with winning the finals.

As least your takes are consistently braindead.

Thank you.

When you have to make things up in an argument, it means I already won.

Unless you can find a quote where I said that. Good luck.  ;D ;D ;D

I gave proof that KD can’t lead a team to a title. 12 years without Curry= zero titles. I would be interested in all your opinions why that is. Are you gonna somehow prove he could?

I have said over and over, ad nauseum, that Durant is a great player. He can’t lead a team to a title.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2481 on: May 12, 2023, 04:49:58 PM »
Thank you.

When you have to make things up in an argument, it means I already won.

Unless you can find a quote where I said that. Good luck.  ;D ;D ;D

I gave proof that KD can’t lead a team to a title. 12 years without Curry= zero titles. I would be interested in all your opinions why that is. Are you gonna somehow prove he could?

I have said over and over, ad nauseum, that Durant is a great player. He can’t lead a team to a title.

So are you putting Chauncey Billups ahead of Kevin Durant on your all time player list or...?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2482 on: May 12, 2023, 07:12:58 PM »
So are you putting Chauncey Billups ahead of Kevin Durant on your all time player list or...?

Are you and Hard’s the same person? Another thing I never said.

You needed to watch the pre-game tonight. Asked to describe Durant, I believe Stephen A. Used the word disappointing. When Jalen was asked, he was even more succinct. “He should have stayed with Golden State”. The cvery cleat implication being that that was the way to get more rings.

But they are probably as clueless as I am.

To those who know basketball, what elite skill does KD possess besides being one of the 2 or 3 greatest shooters ever? And I don’t minimize that skill as I have said he is one of the 15 greatest players ever. (Oops, there I go attacking him again).

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2483 on: May 12, 2023, 07:18:17 PM »
LOL...Stephen A???

Anyway, he lead a team to multiple titles. But keep dying on this stupid hill.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2484 on: May 12, 2023, 07:21:57 PM »

You needed to watch the pre-game tonight. Asked to describe Durant, I believe Stephen A. Used the word disappointing. When Jalen was asked, he was even more succinct. “He should have stayed with Golden State”. The cvery cleat implication being that that was the way to get more rings.

To those who know basketball, what elite skill does KD possess besides being one of the 2 or 3 greatest shooters ever? And I don’t minimize that skill as I have said he is one of the 15 greatest players ever. (Oops, there I go attacking him again).

Right, you didn’t say it. But Chauncey led a team to a title. KD isn’t good enough to lead a team to a title, but is a top 15 player ever. So, Chauncey must be top 15 ever.

And ah yes. Steven A Smith and Jalen Rose. The voices of reason on all things NBA.

Of course if his goal was to maximize rings he should’ve stayed in Golden State. Who would have suggested otherwise?

But KD can only hope to record as many triple doubles as Draymond Green. Maybe one day.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2485 on: May 12, 2023, 07:33:26 PM »

Also, the fact that you think KD dominates the ball and his only elite skill is he’s one of the 2 or 3 best shooters (which he isn’t that), you continue outing yourself as someone who really doesn’t watch him.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2486 on: May 12, 2023, 08:11:38 PM »

He’s an elite rebounder.  He’s averaged close to 8 rebounds a game for his career despite being primarily perimeter player and not having the frame to bang for boards.

He’s not just a great shooter, he’s an absurd scorer, he can score literally from every level and in every way, which plays into the fact that he’s also unselfish and a very good distributor.  He also doesn’t need to dominate the ball to be effective.

And to top it off, he’s an extremely underrated defender.  He’s not a lockdown perimeter guy, but a damn good help defender and one of his biggest assets to that Warriors run was his difference making at the second level defensively with his length and reactions.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2487 on: May 12, 2023, 08:29:16 PM »
A 6-10 guy averaging close to 8 rebounds is an “elite rebounder,”Wags?

KD’s a hell of a player, but I think you might be trying a little too hard with that one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2488 on: May 12, 2023, 08:30:59 PM »
John Dawson is better than KD
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2489 on: May 12, 2023, 08:35:03 PM »
All of these things can be true.   
KD is elite.
KD has never won a championship without
Curry, et AL.
Golden State  has won championships without KD.

Classic scoop argument.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2490 on: May 12, 2023, 08:37:39 PM »
Hakeem never won a title without Horry.

Horry won many titles without Hakeem.

Hakeem sucks.

How’d I do?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2491 on: May 12, 2023, 08:39:35 PM »
Hakeem didn't suck.  So, lousy.  And I said KD was elite. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2492 on: May 12, 2023, 08:43:34 PM »
He’s an elite rebounder.  He’s averaged close to 8 rebounds a game for his career despite being primarily perimeter player and not having the frame to bang for boards.

He’s not just a great shooter, he’s an absurd scorer, he can score literally from every level and in every way, which plays into the fact that he’s also unselfish and a very good distributor.  He also doesn’t need to dominate the ball to be effective.

And to top it off, he’s an extremely underrated defender.  He’s not a lockdown perimeter guy, but a damn good help defender and one of his biggest assets to that Warriors run was his difference making at the second level defensively with his length and reactions.
He is the smoothest and most effortless scorer I have ever seen play in person.  Agree fully with that.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2493 on: May 12, 2023, 08:59:11 PM »
He is the smoothest and most effortless scorer I have ever seen play in person.  Agree fully with that.

Wasn't the sky hook smooth?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2494 on: May 12, 2023, 09:00:28 PM »
Wasn't the sky hook smooth?
I never had the pleasure of seeing Kareem in person.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2495 on: May 12, 2023, 09:01:58 PM »
I never had the pleasure of seeing Kareem in person.

Me neither. But clearly the man couldn't be guarded abd it looks smooth on video. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2496 on: May 12, 2023, 09:03:57 PM »
I thought Brunson would be a really good pro, but not this good.  Clearly Cuban really fked up. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2497 on: May 12, 2023, 09:11:09 PM »
Brain dead play by Vincent.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2498 on: May 12, 2023, 09:27:31 PM »
All smooth team?  Gervin?  Durant?  Jabbar?  Ray Allen?  Who else?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2499 on: May 12, 2023, 09:29:57 PM »
GS better wake up or this game will be over quickly.