[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146131 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #2075 on: April 27, 2023, 06:14:23 AM »
Lol @ anybody who actually thinks there’s any humility to Jimmy. What a total douche clown.

He's an entertainer.  He's fun as hell to watch.  Just wish it didn't happen to the Bucks.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2076 on: April 27, 2023, 06:23:04 AM »
Spoelstra is one of my favorite coaches. Has a college type approach with his teams.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2077 on: April 27, 2023, 06:57:14 AM »
me thinks there's going to be a few changes during off season

giannis axking for AR's darkness retreat info, but just say no to the ayahuasca, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2078 on: April 27, 2023, 07:49:27 AM »
Yeah, Middleton and Herro are comparable players. Good call.

The Bucks took the C’s to game 7 without their second best player last year.

But good luck to Himmy and your Timberwolves. They’ve both accomplished so much more than Giannis and Bud in your lifetime.

Im not a timberwolves fan, thats when you know youre grasping
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2079 on: April 27, 2023, 07:49:59 AM »

Lol. What? How many bad takes are you going to have in this topic?

Always less than you, the board punching bag.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2080 on: April 27, 2023, 07:57:29 AM »
I’d take Wojo over Bud at this point.

Giannis is gowne after next year. This roster has some MAJOR issues going forward. OLD and no assets to get younger.

Wait

Wojo over Bud???

So you just pick and choose when you back Bud?? Haha Wojo over Bud is a fine take. But comparing Herro and Middleton is outreagous(wasnt even the comp anyways just went over your head).

I mean at least you are consistent in your stupid.

JImmy is objectively fantastic come playoff time. That somehow spun you so far out of control. That you insulted bud at the highest level irrationally, then defended him to an obnoxious amount so much that you had to call someone a fan of a team they dont care about.

Yikes. Playoff Jimmy causes quite the ripple effect.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2081 on: April 27, 2023, 08:14:44 AM »
I'd blow up the entire team and peddle their asses. Total pretenders with no alpha dog. World's mega star chokes at the free throw line like a 2 bit whore and a coach who's as exciting as watching dead plant life.
Give me a playa like Jimmy Fookin' Butler, with his worts, every day of the schedule, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2082 on: April 27, 2023, 08:30:42 AM »
1. Move heaven and earth to bring Sam Hauser home.  Brook for him and a 2 gets it done.  Brook will fit perfect with Boston.

2. This allows the Bucks to move Middleton to a team that could use a 6th man type off the bench like New York.  They’ll give up a 1.

3. Jrue is cooked, so peddle him for a 2nd and a gritty white guy so the suburbs have someone to cheer for.

4. Get rid of Pat.  He’s investing in Milwaukee and that doesn’t sit right with me.

5. Trade Giannis for a bunch of draft picks from the Kings.  They’ll appreciate having a worldwide superstar who has a ring.  Then you hope you hit on a superstar who will choose to stay in Milwaukee. 

6. Trade Bobby in a 3-way to Atlanta who sends Trae Young to the Wizards who send a bunch of picks to Atlanta and the Bucks get Johnny Davis to make Tom Oates and other white people happy.

7. Profit
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2083 on: April 27, 2023, 08:53:09 AM »
Brook shot 7/11. His last attempt was a 3 pointer with 11:19 left in the game. Oh yeah it went to overtime. So he didn’t take a shot in the last 16:19 of play.

The most disappointing thing about this year is you only get so many years with the best player on the planet in his prime.  But the second most disappointing thing is that its a waste of an incredible year from Lopez.  At 35, he played 78 games, 31 mpg, had the best season of his career in eFG%, 3P%, BPG, second best season of his career in win shares, is going to make the all defensive team, and was only making $13MM.  The Bucks were 11-8 without Giannis this year, and he is the reason why.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2084 on: April 27, 2023, 08:54:52 AM »
The most disappointing thing about this year is you only get so many years with the best player on the planet in his prime.  But the second most disappointing thing is that its a waste of an incredible year from Lopez.  At 35, he played 78 games, 31 mpg, had the best season of his career in eFG%, 3P%, BPG, second best season of his career in win shares, is going to make the all defensive team, and was only making $13MM.

Brook was a joy to watch this year.  An absolute masterclass on defense. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2085 on: April 27, 2023, 08:57:15 AM »
Wait

Wojo over Bud???

So you just pick and choose when you back Bud?? Haha Wojo over Bud is a fine take. But comparing Herro and Middleton is outreagous(wasnt even the comp anyways just went over your head).

I mean at least you are consistent in your stupid.

JImmy is objectively fantastic come playoff time. That somehow spun you so far out of control. That you insulted bud at the highest level irrationally, then defended him to an obnoxious amount so much that you had to call someone a fan of a team they dont care about.

Yikes. Playoff Jimmy causes quite the ripple effect.

Relax dude.  There's something called hyperbole.  Spo coached circles around Bud all series, and the same issues that have done the Bucks in every year Bud has been here popped up again.

Bud was the right hire for the Bucks at the time.  He coached the franchise to its first title in 50 years.  It is now time to move on.

Glad Jimmy is "objectively fantastic come playoff time."  That's rich given you were trying to rip Giannis.  Maybe check out their career Playoff numbers?  Or number of championships?  But I forgot, the Bucks' title didn't count because of injuries, and Herro is comparable to what Middleton was.

Good stuff as always.  You of all people calling someone else stupid is...well, it's something.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 09:00:04 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2086 on: April 27, 2023, 09:04:59 AM »
Im not a timberwolves fan, thats when you know youre grasping

Uh huh.

Wolves had 9 pts all 4th qtr before that Davis foul.

Stopped running offense. Never seen anything like it. KAT is soft. Ant is simply not ready for the moment. Choked last year vs Memphis. Had quite possibly the worst game of all time tonight

I have never see a guy play that bad and be that afraid to drive. Just launching bad shots he couldnt get close on.

KAT simply does not possess the bball IQ or mental maturity that is required to win.

Hes finally have a good performance in a big game and per usual hes in foul trouble doing the dumbest crap possible.

Lakers on 7-0 now and down 3 with 8 minutes left while he has 5 fouls. Inexcusable.

Its not at all. Young blows.

When Wolves played the Hawks recently it was incredible how much better they are without him on the floor. Young is horrendous defensively. The offense is him just over dribbling the whole possesion and throwing wild passes or pray for fouls that are not fouls(not kidding replay showed the Wolves player flat out missed him on his Rowsey attempt twice).

There is zero chance that guy ever gets a ring unless hes the 9th man at some point.

Hes so annoying and clearly a constant problem.

Impressive win by the team though. Unfortunately McDaniels also with a bone headed decision so now they have no Reid or McD.

Rudy Gobert is genuniely a piece of sh it human being.

What an awful trade for an awful player and person

Naz Reid broken wrist.

There goes the wolves chance at trying to pull off some sort of mini run

Can confirm.  Not a Wolves fan at all.  You're all over every NBA team.  I see all your posts about the Pelicans, Pacers, Wizards, Magic, Hornets, Jazz, Spurs, Rockets. etc.

Not a Wolves fan.  Got it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2087 on: April 27, 2023, 09:11:03 AM »
The Bucks, whom I brilliantly picked to win the title, pretty much have to fire Bud, don't they? I mean, I don't see how you can keep him after that.

Middleton? Not sure what they could get back or which teams that might want to take a chance on him could fit his contract.

If I'm the owner, I'd fire Bud, bring in someone like Nurse, and run it back with the same team (or close to it). They've still got all the championship-level pieces they need, especially if they can get another season like that from Lopez.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2088 on: April 27, 2023, 09:14:54 AM »
Middleton? Not sure what they could get back or which teams that might want to take a chance on him could fit his contract.

There's a pretty fair chance he opts out, isn't there?  If he opts out, the Bucks would pay insane tax if they re-signed both him and Brook.  While much older, Brook is much more important to this team and much less replaceable with combinations of lesser players on the market, imo.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2089 on: April 27, 2023, 09:28:07 AM »
From The Athletic:

The Timberwolves are aware of an alleged incident involving Anthony Edwards as he left the court following Minnesota’s 112-109 loss to the Nuggets on Tuesday night but are still gathering information, the team said in a statement Wednesday.

Denver Police cited Edwards for third-degree assault after two women said they were hit with a folding chair swung by Edwards as he was exiting the court. The Timberwolves issued a statement Wednesday: “We are aware of the alleged incident regarding Anthony Edwards following Game 5 in Denver and are in the process of gathering more information. We have no further comment at this moment.”

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #2090 on: April 27, 2023, 09:38:09 AM »
Man, Giannis is what everyone hopes a superstar athlete would be off the court.  He's such a great role model for kids.

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/1651478432289640450?s=20

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2091 on: April 27, 2023, 09:42:50 AM »
Always less than you, the board punching bag.

Anyone who thinks that Khris Middleton is just the Bucks' Tyler Herro should not be taken seriously on a basketball take. All-star, Olympic gold medalist, better stats across the board, etc. Middleton was CLEARLY more important to the Bucks last year than Herro is to he Heat this year.

You should stick to your Twins' takes - no one cares enough to call you out on those.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2092 on: April 27, 2023, 09:43:34 AM »
Giannis had a rough game, especially fron the line, but I don't think he had his normal lift.  He was also put in a tough position to play one on one in the half-court which isn't his game.  He and the players deserve criticism but Budenholzer was honestly a dumpster fire and made 0.0 adjustments. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2094 on: April 27, 2023, 09:56:07 AM »
From The Athletic:

The Timberwolves are aware of an alleged incident involving Anthony Edwards as he left the court following Minnesota’s 112-109 loss to the Nuggets on Tuesday night but are still gathering information, the team said in a statement Wednesday.

Denver Police cited Edwards for third-degree assault after two women said they were hit with a folding chair swung by Edwards as he was exiting the court. The Timberwolves issued a statement Wednesday: “We are aware of the alleged incident regarding Anthony Edwards following Game 5 in Denver and are in the process of gathering more information. We have no further comment at this moment.”

Crazy. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2095 on: April 27, 2023, 09:58:26 AM »
The Bucks, whom I brilliantly picked to win the title, pretty much have to fire Bud, don't they? I mean, I don't see how you can keep him after that.

If I'm the owner, I'd fire Bud, bring in someone like Nurse, and run it back with the same team (or close to it). They've still got all the championship-level pieces they need, especially if they can get another season like that from Lopez.

I think that's probably their best option for now.  Unless there's someone we're not thinking of that's a home run hire

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2096 on: April 27, 2023, 10:13:13 AM »
From The Athletic:

There's a fan video circulating Social Media that captures the moment pretty well.  Seemed more like a frustration/just want to blow off steam/emotions got the better of him moment.  An apology and fine should be suitable, charges seem a bit extreme.  I would compare it to the few times Curry has gotten upset, thrown his mouth guard and accidently hit a fan, rather than a "Malice at the Palace" type situation that some (although nobody here) have tried to make it appear.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2097 on: April 27, 2023, 10:38:38 AM »
There's a fan video circulating Social Media that captures the moment pretty well.  Seemed more like a frustration/just want to blow off steam/emotions got the better of him moment.  An apology and fine should be suitable, charges seem a bit extreme.  I would compare it to the few times Curry has gotten upset, thrown his mouth guard and accidently hit a fan, rather than a "Malice at the Palace" type situation that some (although nobody here) have tried to make it appear.

That makes sense.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2098 on: April 27, 2023, 10:58:01 AM »
Cat is an alpha dog, hey?

As Heat coach Erik Spoelstra was drawing up a play to attempt to tie Game 5 of Miami’s first-round series against the Bucks in the final seconds Wednesday night, he initially planned to give the ball to someone other than Jimmy Butler. When Butler was informed of this plan, however, he had other ideas. “He looked me dead in the eye,” Spoelstra said later with a smile, “and he just said, ‘No. Let me be that guy.'”
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2099 on: April 27, 2023, 11:01:44 AM »
Cat is an alpha dog, hey?

As Heat coach Erik Spoelstra was drawing up a play to attempt to tie Game 5 of Miami’s first-round series against the Bucks in the final seconds Wednesday night, he initially planned to give the ball to someone other than Jimmy Butler. When Butler was informed of this plan, however, he had other ideas. “He looked me dead in the eye,” Spoelstra said later with a smile, “and he just said, ‘No. Let me be that guy.'”

Is there any reason known to man why Budenholzer had Pat Connaughton in tbe game there for defense?

feedback