[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146067 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #1750 on: April 18, 2023, 10:43:48 AM »
Sabonis grabbed Green's leg to start it, which is obviously not a basketball play. But Green's reaction was way uncalled for. I find it very hard to believe that was him just losing his balance - he clearly put all of his weight on his right foot.

My question was rhetorical because it was easy to see Sabonis instigate it - but I agree with your comment.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1751 on: April 18, 2023, 10:46:57 AM »
Discipline him with a suspension maybe after assaulting a fellow teammate for example.

He was disciplined for the Poole punch. Arguably not enough, but that's not really relevant to yesterday. Do you really think Kerr should unilaterally suspend him during the playoffs if the NBA doesn't?

But I agree with wades. I think he's lost a step and should have been traded, but that's a different matter entirely. I can understand why they didn't want to "break up the band" after last year's championship too.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1752 on: April 18, 2023, 10:47:30 AM »
Sabonis had his hands around his leg but it was after flying horizontally to the ground.  Green's reaction, both immediately and with the crowd shows how much of a clown he is as we have seen this song and dance.  Kerr has always allowed him to get away with garbage.  It's embarrassing.

Your defense of Sabonis is downright silly. Both players were at fault and the officials handled it appropriately.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1753 on: April 18, 2023, 10:47:45 AM »

If I'm Kerr, or any other coach, and I thought Draymond's "good" outweighed the "bad," I would play him because of the "good" and let the NBA deal with the "bad."  And I certainly wouldn't give a rip if someone thinks I'm an accessory because I've been to the NBA Finals six times in my nine years of coaching...and won four of them.

Green is the quintessential fake tough guy.  He's also a really good player but  essentially owes Steph Curry his career. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1754 on: April 18, 2023, 10:50:01 AM »
Your defense of Sabonis is downright silly. Both players were at fault and the officials handled it appropriately.

They did.  I give Sabonis credit for not leveling him during the course of the game.  Green gets away with a ton of nonsense. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1755 on: April 18, 2023, 10:51:33 AM »

He was disciplined for the Poole punch. Arguably not enough, but that's not really relevant to yesterday. Do you really think Kerr should unilaterally suspend him during the playoffs if the NBA doesn't?

But I agree with wades. I think he's lost a step and should have been traded, but that's a different matter entirely. I can understand why they didn't want to "break up the band" after last year's championship too.

Green isn't easily tradeable. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1756 on: April 18, 2023, 10:53:47 AM »

I mean...what is Kerr supposed to do?

Shoot him. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #1757 on: April 18, 2023, 11:01:08 AM »
Green is the quintessential fake tough guy.  He's also a really good player but  essentially owes Steph Curry his career. 

I have no idea what you mean by "fake tough guy." And while I am not sure he owes Steph Curry his "career," he certainly owes him his championships. But a lot of players owe that to super-stars.

Green isn't easily tradeable. 

Not anymore. But they would definitely have gotten more than they will end up getting had they done so this past off-season.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1758 on: April 18, 2023, 11:01:29 AM »
Shoot him.
Have him walk the streets of Milwaukee alone.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1759 on: April 18, 2023, 11:49:05 AM »
They did.  I give Sabonis credit for not leveling him during the course of the game.  Green gets away with a ton of nonsense.

You seem overly obsessed with dudes getting leveled or "introduced to darkness" for stuff that happens all the time in games.  Especially hilarious considering this was all started by Sabonis in a move that has led to people getting injured plenty of times before in basketball games.  Draymond overreacted but Sabonis isn't some innocent aggrieved victim

I have no idea what you mean by "fake tough guy." And while I am not sure he owes Steph Curry his "career," he certainly owes him his championships. But a lot of players owe that to super-stars.

100%.  Draymond has acted stupidly and like a hot head, but he's never shied away from people.  He welcomes the smoke and has done it time and time again.  Pretty sure Muggsy ranted about how Draymond would have never punched a 6'10 guy in the face when the Poole situation happened, whatever that means.

And totally agree with the rest, 7x All-NBA Defense, DPOY, bunch of All Star appearances when he was potentially putting up a triple double on many given nights in the late 2010s, that wasn't due to Steph.  That was due to him being a really good unique sort of player.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1760 on: April 18, 2023, 12:14:22 PM »

So a 6'5 1/2" guy who play PF and C is a 'fake tough guy'? Some of your comments go in leaps and bounds past ridiculous.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1761 on: April 18, 2023, 12:41:02 PM »

The officials handled that play appropriately. Sabonis first tried to throw Thompson to the ground, but lost his balance and then tried to hold Green's foot. Draymond's response was uncalled for, and a clear ejection.

But Sabonis also got away with a ton of nonsense. In that game alone there were multiple plays where Sabonis drove into Looney/Green leading with a forearm to the chest and clearly pushes with the forearm. Not one time called for an offensive foul.

I haven't watched Sabonis play a lot, but I thought he got away with a ton, and was borderline a dirty player most of the game...which I was surprised by, because I see so many positive things said about him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1762 on: April 18, 2023, 12:45:02 PM »

If I'm Kerr, or any other coach, and I thought Draymond's "good" outweighed the "bad," I would play him because of the "good" and let the NBA deal with the "bad."  And I certainly wouldn't give a rip if someone thinks I'm an accessory because I've been to the NBA Finals six times in my nine years of coaching...and won four of them.

Reasonable take.

If the NBA suspends Green, so be it. Otherwise, let him worm his way into the heads of opponents. If he ends up seriously injuring somebody, tsk-tsk it.

Daly had the Bad Boys, Jackson had the Worm, Riley had enforcers with the Heat, etc etc. Nothing new about harboring this kind of player.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1763 on: April 18, 2023, 12:46:25 PM »
The officials handled that play appropriately. Sabonis first tried to throw Thompson to the ground, but lost his balance and then tried to hold Green's foot. Draymond's response was uncalled for, and a clear ejection.

But Sabonis also got away with a ton of nonsense. In that game alone there were multiple plays where Sabonis drove into Looney/Green leading with a forearm to the chest and clearly pushes with the forearm. Not one time called for an offensive foul.

I haven't watched Sabonis play a lot, but I thought he got away with a ton, and was borderline a dirty player most of the game...which I was surprised by, because I see so many positive things said about him.

I don't care for Green. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1764 on: April 18, 2023, 01:36:21 PM »
I don't care for Green.

We had NO idea.  This is a surprising revelation

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1765 on: April 18, 2023, 02:28:06 PM »
Not sure what to make of the Warriors-Kings series. GS has had a chance to steal both games despite not shooting well or playing well at all. But it also feels like the Kings should be winning by more. GS could win the next four or Sacramento could win in 5. Nothing would surprise me.

Philly looks vulnerable but Brooklyn doesn't have the firepower.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1766 on: April 19, 2023, 10:08:25 AM »
Green suspended for G3. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1767 on: April 19, 2023, 11:58:51 AM »
Green suspended for G3.

While I understand why, I don't agree with this decision. I don't think they suspend Sabonis if the roles were reversed, nor would most other stars get suspended.

This is largely, because it was Green, and it just further encourages others to take cheap shots at Green to see if they can bait him into retaliation. If you watch, Green takes a lot of shoves, elbows, other semi-dirty plays, because other teams are hoping to bait him into a reaction. Suspending him for this, encourages more of that.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1768 on: April 19, 2023, 12:07:52 PM »
While I understand why, I don't agree with this decision. I don't think they suspend Sabonis if the roles were reversed, nor would most other stars get suspended.

This is largely, because it was Green, and it just further encourages others to take cheap shots at Green to see if they can bait him into retaliation. If you watch, Green takes a lot of shoves, elbows, other semi-dirty plays, because other teams are hoping to bait him into a reaction. Suspending him for this, encourages more of that.

That was the point - he has a history, so he is treated more harshly.

Even with that being the case, I also don't agree with the decision.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1769 on: April 19, 2023, 12:12:04 PM »
I don't think he should be suspended either but his antics with the crowd did not help his case. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1770 on: April 19, 2023, 02:17:37 PM »
I don't think he should be suspended either but his antics with the crowd did not help his case.

I disagree. The NBA loved his antics with the crowd. It's entertainment and will help to draw eyeballs.

Agree that he shouldn't have been suspended. If they didn't eject him, I would have been okay with a suspension. Both seems like overkill.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1771 on: April 19, 2023, 02:32:26 PM »
I disagree. The NBA loved his antics with the crowd. It's entertainment and will help to draw eyeballs.

Agree that he shouldn't have been suspended. If they didn't eject him, I would have been okay with a suspension. Both seems like overkill.

Didn't Draymond accuse some fan in Milwaukee of threatening his life?  When it actually didn't happen?  I'm not sure the NBA is happy with the way Green left the court because it could have escalated with one dumbass fan.  Clearly Green's past, and the fact that Kerr and GS refused to truly discipline him before, led to the NBA making this decision.  We're also dealing with a guy who has bragged repeatedly that essentially the NBA won't suspend him after having altercations with refs.  I'm not happy he's suspended because if Sacramento wins this series they will give them less credit. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1772 on: April 19, 2023, 02:42:24 PM »
Green's a thug with diminishing basketball skills and a volatile personality despite his status in life. He brings this chit onto himself and deserves what he gets. Kolek 'em, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1773 on: April 19, 2023, 02:47:16 PM »
Green's a thug with diminishing basketball skills and a volatile personality despite his status in life. He brings this chit onto himself and deserves what he gets. Kolek 'em, hey?

Ya.. .I think he's a fkbag and don't really get the support.  In a vacuum that wasn't a suspendable action but we've seen his constant nonsense for years on and off the floor.  And he clearly doesn't get it. 

• All American
« Reply #1774 on: April 19, 2023, 02:59:56 PM »

"thug"