[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146171 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #1725 on: April 17, 2023, 10:09:31 AM »
Really bizarre game.  He had multiple jumpers, including from 3, that didn't even hit rim.  He looked clueless as to what to do when PHX sealed off driving lanes and he didn't have an easy kick out...but then he came up HUGE to close it out.  Enigmatic like most of his career honestly.

But did he foul Booker?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1726 on: April 17, 2023, 02:25:19 PM »
The Westbrook/fan incident last night is so weird.  I've always felt letting fans line up along the tunnel as players go to and from the locker rooms is weird as can be.  It's like they’re zoo animals and the fans get to just gawk at them as they walk by.  Then you have the fact that they're in the heat of competition and some fans are dumb enough to try to talk trash to them and it's just a complete no win situation.  Totally unnecessary.

I do love that the fan stands up.  Westbrook would've knocked that guy out in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 09:41:53 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1727 on: April 17, 2023, 02:28:23 PM »
Part of the problem is that visiting players often walk through the "VIP Club" in Phoenix to their locker room since it is shorter than the "official route."  That's where this incident took place.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1728 on: April 17, 2023, 02:34:39 PM »
The Westbrook/fan incident last night is so weird.  I've always felt letting fans line up along the tunnel as players go to and from the locker rooms is weird as can be.  It's like their zoo animals and the fans get to just gawk at them as they walk by.  Then you have the fact that they're in the heat of competition and some fans are dumb enough to try to talk trash to them and it's just a complete no win situation.  Totally unnecessary.

I do love that the fan stands up.  Westbrook would've knocked that guy out in a heartbeat.

While Ive supported Westbrook when he stood up to some racial insults in the past, I'm pretty sure I read that the dude called him "Westbrick"...which you shouldn't be losing you sh** over when you just went 3 for 19.

Also, while Westbrook, or nearly any other NBA athlete, would wipe out the average fan, I actually respect the dude standing up to face him when 95% of idiot hecklers pull the "Homer receding into the bushes" move whenever called out or confronted or meekly put their hands up like "just joking friend!"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1729 on: April 17, 2023, 02:41:10 PM »
While Ive supported Westbrook when he stood up to some racial insults in the past, I'm pretty sure I read that the dude called him "Westbrick"...which you shouldn't be losing you sh** over when you just went 3 for 19.

Also, while Westbrook, or nearly any other NBA athlete, would wipe out the average fan, I actually respect the dude standing up to face him when 95% of idiot hecklers pull the "Homer receding into the bushes" move whenever called out or confronted or meekly put their hands up like "just joking friend!"

This is like the Vander Orange debacle at Jimmy Johns

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1730 on: April 17, 2023, 02:48:36 PM »

Agreed on him overreacting to a dumb comment.  He made his own bed by overreacting to people calling him that many times.  I think the incident did happen at halftime.  But I just don't see the need for the players to be walking through a group of fans to get to and from the court.  It just seems unnecessary to me.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1731 on: April 17, 2023, 03:00:23 PM »
It would be a very (modern day) Pistons move to hire Kevin Ollie...

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1732 on: April 17, 2023, 03:10:18 PM »
Agreed on him overreacting to a dumb comment.  He made his own bed by overreacting to people calling him that many times.  I think the incident did happen at halftime.  But I just don't see the need for the players to be walking through a group of fans to get to and from the court.  It just seems unnecessary to me.

Totally agree.  Its just a recipe for disaster.  We've see far too many situations have the potential to go really sideways for that kind of thing to happen.

It would be a very (modern day) Pistons move to hire Kevin Ollie...

Maybe they are confusing Ollie with Royal Ivey?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1733 on: April 17, 2023, 08:20:29 PM »
Maxey is a stud.  I think Doc should have the ball in his hands more.   

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1734 on: April 17, 2023, 09:22:58 PM »
Part of the problem is that visiting players often walk through the "VIP Club" in Phoenix to their locker room since it is shorter than the "official route."  That's where this incident took place.

The bigger problem is the VIP fans are apparently childish pretty boys. In all honesty, the fan should be kicked out.

I mean E-40 got kicked out for standing too much.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1735 on: April 17, 2023, 09:30:55 PM »
Sacramento 0-10 from distance to start the game.  They need to chillax.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1736 on: April 17, 2023, 10:20:11 PM »
How good was Arvydas Sabonis?  I remember he was well past his prime when he came to the NBA.  Domantas could very well put Draymond on his ass before this series is over. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1737 on: April 17, 2023, 11:16:57 PM »
Sacramento doing a lot of dumb things.  Hopefully they play with more intelligence. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1738 on: April 17, 2023, 11:47:24 PM »
Kings were the more poised, better executing team down the stretch - again.

And Green again hurt his team.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1739 on: April 17, 2023, 11:51:38 PM »
Great win for Sacramento.  I think they should pound the paint a bit more but that's a fun team.  If I was Sabonis I would just take my time down low.  Fox is  a fantastic player and GS can't guard the guy
Green is a clown.   . 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1740 on: April 18, 2023, 12:23:48 AM »
That was borderline assault from Draymond.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1741 on: April 18, 2023, 05:39:57 AM »
  green can be a real igniter, but at what cost?  the guy is a class A jackwagon.  i understand competition and pride and showing toughness, but this guy has no governor.  to watch him strut around telling people to F' off, yelling into crowd reminded me of all star wrestling.  i was waiting for his manager, bobby heenan to walk up
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1742 on: April 18, 2023, 08:56:08 AM »
That was borderline assault from Draymond.

Who instigated the affair?

YaBlueIt

• Starter
« Reply #1743 on: April 18, 2023, 09:56:08 AM »

Sabonis grabbed Green's leg to start it, which is obviously not a basketball play. But Green's reaction was way uncalled for. I find it very hard to believe that was him just losing his balance - he clearly put all of his weight on his right foot.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1744 on: April 18, 2023, 10:21:58 AM »

Sabonis had his hands around his leg but it was after flying horizontally to the ground.  Green's reaction, both immediately and with the crowd shows how much of a clown he is as we have seen this song and dance.  Kerr has always allowed him to get away with garbage.  It's embarrassing. 

• All American
« Reply #1745 on: April 18, 2023, 10:24:46 AM »
Sabonis had his hands around his leg but it was after flying horizontally to the ground.  Green's reaction, both immediately and with the crowd shows how much of a clown he is as we have seen this song and dance.  Kerr has always allowed him to get away with garbage.  It's embarrassing. 

I mean...what is Kerr supposed to do?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1746 on: April 18, 2023, 10:36:34 AM »

That's a valid and interesting question. If Kerr really had a problem with this kind of stuff happening over and over again, there's an obvious solution: Bench or suspend Green to try to change his behavior; trade or cut him if the behavior can't be changed.

But if Kerr is willing to tolerate the bad because he believes that the good stuff Green does helps the franchise compete for championships, then he just has to live with it. Given that Kerr was an important contributor during the Bulls' Rodman era, I'm guessing he has a very high tolerance level for this stuff.

If that makes Kerr an "accessory" in the eyes of some critics, he's seemingly OK with that.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1747 on: April 18, 2023, 10:37:25 AM »
I said after the video of Green's punch before the season came out that the Warriors should trade both of those guys.  Poole is obviously a talented offensive player, but they were going to have to pay him a lot of money and in my opinion he's not worth that, especially when you have Steph and Klay in your backcourt already.  Draymond had lost a step defensively (though he's still great) and went from just a guy offensively to a total liability on offense (although his passing is still good).  You could take his antics when he was good enough to be the 3rd best player on a title team.

Draymond has a player option for next season, and there have been rumors he'll go to the Lakers or the Mavs (with rumors of LBJ joining him there after next season, when he can opt out with the Lakers).  Could've got something decent for him prior to this season, but might see him walk for nothing this offseason.

And could've used Poole as the centerpiece to get a player of Bradley Beal's caliber.  Obviously it'd take more, but Poole's a good starting point.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1748 on: April 18, 2023, 10:43:00 AM »

Discipline him with a suspension maybe after assaulting a fellow teammate for example.

• All American
« Reply #1749 on: April 18, 2023, 10:43:22 AM »
That's a valid and interesting question. If Kerr really had a problem with this kind of stuff happening over and over again, there's an obvious solution: Bench or suspend Green to try to change his behavior; trade or cut him if the behavior can't be changed.

But if Kerr is willing to tolerate the bad because he believes that the good stuff Green does helps the franchise compete for championships, then he just has to live with it. Given that Kerr was an important contributor during the Bulls' Rodman era, I'm guessing he has a very high tolerance level for this stuff.

If that makes Kerr an "accessory" in the eyes of some critics, he's seemingly OK with that.

If I'm Kerr, or any other coach, and I thought Draymond's "good" outweighed the "bad," I would play him because of the "good" and let the NBA deal with the "bad."  And I certainly wouldn't give a rip if someone thinks I'm an accessory because I've been to the NBA Finals six times in my nine years of coaching...and won four of them.