[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146056 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #1525 on: April 03, 2023, 09:34:20 AM »
I love ya, Muggs, but you can be exhausting.

I really hope you're right and that the Bucks find a way in the playoffs. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 04:22:16 PM by MuggsyB »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1526 on: April 03, 2023, 04:21:53 PM »
They should just forfeit if they run into the C’s.
The C's better hope they don't run into the Bulls, who beat them twice.  ;)

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1527 on: April 04, 2023, 09:11:31 PM »
Jojo just went bananas.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1528 on: April 04, 2023, 09:18:40 PM »
Bucks season put down the drain by the C’s. Bucks then smoke the 76ers, ending their season. Now the 76ers end the C’s season tonight. My mind is blown. Bulls going to win the title by default.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1529 on: April 04, 2023, 09:52:54 PM »
Magic number down to 1. 3 games left. Bucks season may not be over after all.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1530 on: April 04, 2023, 09:59:34 PM »
Bucks season put down the drain by the C’s. Bucks then smoke the 76ers, ending their season. Now the 76ers end the C’s season tonight. My mind is blown. Bulls going to win the title by default.

Brown didn't play tonight. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1531 on: April 04, 2023, 10:21:51 PM »

OK. And the Celtics lost to Oklahoma City on a night SGA didn't play. That's the NBA.

I mean, it's almost like a person can't reasonably predict what will happen in May and June based on the outcome of one regular-season game.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1532 on: April 04, 2023, 10:46:52 PM »

Fair enough. Fully healthy C’s lost to half of the Wizard’s team last week and ended the C’s season. C’s ended the Bucks season last week with a loss the franchise can never come back from. Bucks best Wizards. My head is exploding. Give the title and the Wemby sweepstakes both to Pop and the Spurs.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1533 on: April 05, 2023, 10:04:24 AM »
Fair enough. Fully healthy C’s lost to half of the Wizard’s team last week and ended the C’s season. C’s ended the Bucks season last week with a loss the franchise can never come back from. Bucks best Wizards. My head is exploding. Give the title and the Wemby sweepstakes both to Pop and the Spurs.

What Will Wemby do by year 2?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1534 on: April 05, 2023, 10:14:11 AM »
What Will Wemby do by year 2?

Be so good everyone in the NBA will know there's no point in even playing because he'll win every title for the next 20 years.  Every player will quit.  He's going to end basketball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1535 on: April 05, 2023, 11:15:54 AM »
Wembanyama had a one-hand dunk finish on a rebound the other night that demonstrated his instincts, athletic ability and basketball skill.

But the reaction to the play -- with it becoming a social media phenomenon and with one NBA executive telling somebody at ESPN that it showed how Wembanyama will dominate the league for years -- was so typically over the top.

It was a heckuva play. As are many plays that NBA players make in any given week. As were many plays that Zion Williamson routinely made at Duke. (Remember him?)

The above doesn't mean I'm doubting the kid. It certainly looks like he'll be a hell of a player, maybe even a once-a-decade talent. But I'm willing to ... I don't know ... see how he actually does in the NBA for a year or two before I crown his arse.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1536 on: April 05, 2023, 04:02:14 PM »
Wembanyama had a one-hand dunk finish on a rebound the other night that demonstrated his instincts, athletic ability and basketball skill.

But the reaction to the play -- with it becoming a social media phenomenon and with one NBA executive telling somebody at ESPN that it showed how Wembanyama will dominate the league for years -- was so typically over the top.

It was a heckuva play. As are many plays that NBA players make in any given week. As were many plays that Zion Williamson routinely made at Duke. (Remember him?)

The above doesn't mean I'm doubting the kid. It certainly looks like he'll be a hell of a player, maybe even a once-a-decade talent. But I'm willing to ... I don't know ... see how he actually does in the NBA for a year or two before I crown his arse.

I think part of the insane hype surrounding Wemby is beyond his unicorn measurements and skill set, its the jump he took.  Always been a tantalizing and freakish prospect, but was still raw. 2 seasons ago he averaged 9 and 5 in the top French League.  At the same age, Luka was averaging 16/5/5 on a better team in a better league and winning player of the week/month honors in the best non-NBA competition in the world.

Within a year, he's exploded production-wise and is now averaging 21/10/2 with over 3 blocks a game.  So he's suddenly looking a lot less raw before he comes to the NBA.

Was the reaction a bit over the top?  Sure.  However, devils advocate, I firmly object to "There are many "heckuva plays" made any given week".  There are maybe 2-3 players in the NBA, including Giannis, that could have made that play.  It wasn't following up a miss.  He shot a step back fade away 3 and recovered to put back dunk.  Thats just preposterous.  From someone who was already thought of as the best prospect in a decade plus by non-ESPN click generators.

Not sure why the random Zion throw in.  Sure he's had injury problems, but he's a 2 time All Star who has averaged 26/7/4 before the age of 22.  Not the best "Dont count the chickens before they hatch in the NBA" sort of example.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1537 on: April 05, 2023, 04:09:01 PM »
I think part of the insane hype surrounding Wemby is beyond his unicorn measurements and skill set, its the jump he took.  Always been a tantalizing and freakish prospect, but was still raw. 2 seasons ago he averaged 9 and 5 in the top French League.  At the same age, Luka was averaging 16/5/5 on a better team in a better league and winning player of the week/month honors in the best non-NBA competition in the world.

Within a year, he's exploded production-wise and is now averaging 21/10/2 with over 3 blocks a game.  So he's suddenly looking a lot less raw before he comes to the NBA.

Was the reaction a bit over the top?  Sure.  However, devils advocate, I firmly object to "There are many "heckuva plays" made any given week".  There are maybe 2-3 players in the NBA, including Giannis, that could have made that play.  It wasn't following up a miss.  He shot a step back fade away 3 and recovered to put back dunk.  Thats just preposterous.  From someone who was already thought of as the best prospect in a decade plus by non-ESPN click generators.

Not sure why the random Zion throw in.  Sure he's had injury problems, but he's a 2 time All Star who has averaged 26/7/4 before the age of 22.  Not the best "Dont count the chickens before they hatch in the NBA" sort of example.

Yeah, I've never seen someone have a put back dunk off of his own 3 point attempt.

The most impressive thing to me about Wemby is that he played 2 showcase games against the G League team.  As a 19 year old, you'd think maybe he goes off in one game and then is just solid at best in another game or something.  He was completely dominant in both games.  And the same goes for Scoot.  My only concern is his build, but he's already playing against grown men (unlike Chet when he was playing at Gonzaga).  If he stays healthy, he's going to be one of the best to ever play.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1538 on: April 05, 2023, 04:22:58 PM »

NBA guys make eye-popping, holy-crap plays all the time. It seems like Anthony Edwards makes one every week. Maybe not that exact play, but some kind of incredible play.

Where's Zion now? Where was he most of last season? Zion is absolutely wonderful ... when he plays. He was the last uber-hyped phenom, but he can't stay on the court.

I hope Wembanyama is all that and more. Hell, I hope he's all that and more in a Hornets uniform. I reserve the right to be a little skeptical until I see him do spectacular stuff night in and night out against NBA players.

Maybe he will. I hope he does!! I love great basketball.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1539 on: April 05, 2023, 05:03:21 PM »
NBA guys make eye-popping, holy-crap plays all the time. It seems like Anthony Edwards makes one every week. Maybe not that exact play, but some kind of incredible play.

Again, there are literally 2-3 players who could possibly do what he did.  Its not a holy crap play.  Anthony Edwards is an athletic freak.  So is Ja.  But I struggle to a remember a highlight of theirs that nobody else could physically do.  Its like a some of Mahomes throws or a one of Zlatan's freakish angle perfect volleys.  Its not just another holy crap play, its a play that 99% of the most talented players in that particular sport just are not physically able to accomplish.

Where's Zion now? Where was he most of last season? Zion is absolutely wonderful ... when he plays. He was the last uber-hyped phenom, but he can't stay on the court.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, but you're coming off like a douche trying to make some strange point.  Because an uber hyped prospect has had some injuries, you're skeptical about the next uber hyped prospect (with no significant injury history) until he plays...ok.  Strange hill to die on.  Thats like assuming an NFL prospect should be viewed with skepticism cause the last star at his position from his school wasn't good. 

And again, acting like Zion is Greg Oden and some sort of bust card comp to hold contrarian skepticism for Wemby is making you seem like you don't even follow the NBA.  3 unrelated injuries, the first 2 that he came back from to put up absurd, All Star caliber numbers.  But sure "WhErE iz ZiOn?!"

But go ahead, claim to love good basketball and side eye a player that has all sorts of people non-excitable basketball people excited cause it makes you seem so measured and wise.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1540 on: April 05, 2023, 06:40:47 PM »
I'm rooting for Wemby.  I think it could take him a year+ but he should be okay. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1541 on: April 05, 2023, 07:38:57 PM »
Middleton left the game with a knee boo-boo.  Now, you can be concerned
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1542 on: April 05, 2023, 08:00:44 PM »

Yup. That is actually cause for concern.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1543 on: April 05, 2023, 08:45:10 PM »

He doesn't appear to be close to the player he once was. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1544 on: April 05, 2023, 08:46:29 PM »
He doesn't appear to be close to the player he once was.

You must be reading too much Celtics/Sixers fan Twitter. Since he came back the second time this season he’s been great. Basically the same as he’s been for the last number of years.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1545 on: April 05, 2023, 09:01:55 PM »
Again, there are literally 2-3 players who could possibly do what he did.  Its not a holy crap play.  Anthony Edwards is an athletic freak.  So is Ja.  But I struggle to a remember a highlight of theirs that nobody else could physically do.  Its like a some of Mahomes throws or a one of Zlatan's freakish angle perfect volleys.  Its not just another holy crap play, its a play that 99% of the most talented players in that particular sport just are not physically able to accomplish.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, but you're coming off like a douche trying to make some strange point.  Because an uber hyped prospect has had some injuries, you're skeptical about the next uber hyped prospect (with no significant injury history) until he plays...ok.  Strange hill to die on.  Thats like assuming an NFL prospect should be viewed with skepticism cause the last star at his position from his school wasn't good. 

And again, acting like Zion is Greg Oden and some sort of bust card comp to hold contrarian skepticism for Wemby is making you seem like you don't even follow the NBA.  3 unrelated injuries, the first 2 that he came back from to put up absurd, All Star caliber numbers.  But sure "WhErE iz ZiOn?!"

But go ahead, claim to love good basketball and side eye a player that has all sorts of people non-excitable basketball people excited cause it makes you seem so measured and wise.

Wow. Sure glad I got the benefit of the doubt, Wags. Have a good one.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1546 on: April 05, 2023, 09:10:52 PM »
Let me clear:   I am rooting for the Bucks to win.  Obviously, it's championship or bust.  But assuming they play the Celtics in the ECF I think the Celtics are the favorite based on what I have witnessed. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1547 on: April 05, 2023, 09:29:04 PM »
Let me clear:   I am rooting for the Bucks to win.  Obviously, it's championship or bust.  But assuming they play the Celtics in the ECF I think the Celtics are the favorite based on what I have witnessed.

Are you going to say this 4 times a day until the finals, or 5 times?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1548 on: April 05, 2023, 09:41:50 PM »
Are you going to say this 4 times a day until the finals, or 5 times?

Well I haven't heard anyone disagree with me to be honest.   It's been more or less that the regular season head to head is irrelevant.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1549 on: April 05, 2023, 09:56:25 PM »
Well I haven't heard anyone disagree with me to be honest.   It's been more or less that the regular season head to head is irrelevant.

So why do you need to keep repeating it daily?

One team has a 3 game lead in the standings. One team has a core that has won a title.

But that team stands no chance to beat the C’s, I guess. Even though they pushed the C’s to 7 without their second best player.

Fun run for the Bucks. They should trade everyone that can get them assets back. All their guys are older than the C’s best players, and the Bucks have no chance as long as the C’s are around.