[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146102 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #1375 on: March 08, 2023, 07:12:09 PM »
I’ve always thought Perkins was among the worst.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1376 on: March 08, 2023, 09:03:34 PM »
So just so I understand  this....Perk actually votes on the MVP?  Smh. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1377 on: March 08, 2023, 10:09:19 PM »
I think both have completely fair points at the core.  But Perk clumsily phrased his as "voters are just racist" instead of a more realistic or nuanced take on racial biases, perceived or otherwise, and then just screaming about facts when opposed.  But thats what ESPN wants.

Yeah you are right, and its what Barkley said too(rare for him to be right). That it really is mostly about saying things in a way to get the ESPN hype machine rolling. Thats 100% the outcome they wanted.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1378 on: March 13, 2023, 11:25:17 PM »
A bit of chaos at the end of Bucks/Kings game.  Trey Lyles with a total punk move. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1379 on: March 13, 2023, 11:53:04 PM »
GSW are an enigma, one of the best home records in the NBA, but also nearly the worst road record.

Such a strange dichotomy.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1380 on: March 14, 2023, 11:06:00 PM »
Pretty good game Bucks/Suns.  I'm trying to figure out why Connaughton plays so much?  Has he done anything since coming back from an injury?  I guess Middleton is out tonight but why not play Crowder or Ingles?  Holiday is having a rough night. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1381 on: March 14, 2023, 11:15:28 PM »
Pat is playing so much because we need to get him back into form for the Playoffs.  He has been a huge piece for the Bucks in each of the last 2 Playoffs.  And because Middleton and Grayson are out tonight, so somebody needs to be on the court.  Jae and Joe are playing a lot.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1382 on: March 14, 2023, 11:21:27 PM »
Pat is playing so much because we need to get him back into form for the Playoffs.  He has been a huge piece for the Bucks in each of the last 2 Playoffs.  And because Middleton and Grayson are out tonight, so somebody needs to be on the court.  Jae and Joe are playing a lot.

Nice trifecta there by Jae.  Ingles can play.  He's an excellent pick and roll player who can pass the basketball. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1383 on: March 14, 2023, 11:23:53 PM »
Do you trust Grayson Allen?  I suppose it's nice to have options. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1384 on: March 14, 2023, 11:26:40 PM »
It's amusing to me that Ayton is a really good player and a former #1 draft pick.  He looks like a terrified 7 year old against Antetokounmpo.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1385 on: March 15, 2023, 06:21:28 AM »
Do you trust Grayson Allen?  I suppose it's nice to have options.

I like him more on the bucks than I did on duke. He’s turning out to be a pretty tough nosed player. Hustle, scrappy, physical, doesn’t complain, not a bad outside shot goes aggressively to the rim plus he’s a 40% shooter from the arc
don't...don't don't don't don't

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1386 on: March 15, 2023, 08:22:46 AM »
I know this shipped has sailed a bit but can you even imagine if Giannis had just a solid jump shot?  He'd be the best player that ever lived and by. a wide margin.  He also used to shoot like 73% from the FT line so I don't really get it.  Eddie Johnson made a really interesting point last night about Antetokounmpo.  He said he's the only player he can think of that can play 94 feet on pretty much every possession.  The conditioning necessary to do that is extraordinary.  All that said, and I think he could go down as top 10 or better in the history of the sport, it's a real shame he doesn't really have a jumper.  With a reasonable J we're looking at a guy who could average 45 ppg in his sleep while shooting 56%.  :)

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1387 on: March 15, 2023, 08:28:16 AM »
I' think there are three teams that can win the chip and they're all in the East.  I just don't think Durant has time to acclimate in PHX.  I thought Boston was the clear favorite but maybe I was wrong.  I think Crowder and Ingles are nice pieces.  That team is crazy deep.  It's really about Middleton and whether Giannis can get decent 3pt shooting in a series vs Boston or Philly.  And this idea that having the 1 seed doesn't matter is nonsense.  You want the 1 and for Boston/Philly to play in the ECSF.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1388 on: March 15, 2023, 09:11:45 AM »
Giannis can shoot 0% from 3 and the Bucks can win a title.  As you said, it comes down to Middleton's health.  If any of Middleton, Brook, Jrue, or Giannis miss time in a series beyond the first round they probably aren't winning the title.  If they're all healthy, they should be considered the favorites at this point.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1389 on: March 15, 2023, 09:27:25 AM »
Bucks are the first NBA team to clinch a playoff berth and they've opened a 3-game lead over the Mighty Celtics, who are closer to falling out of second place in the East than they are to catching the Bucks.

If they stay healthy, the Bucks are the best top-to-bottom team in the NBA. They also have the league's best player for sure.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1390 on: March 15, 2023, 09:40:39 AM »
Bucks are the first NBA team to clinch a playoff berth and they've opened a 3-game lead over the Mighty Celtics, who are closer to falling out of second place in the East than they are to catching the Bucks.

If they stay healthy, the Bucks are the best top-to-bottom team in the NBA. They also have the league's best player for sure.

Maybe.....I hope you're right. 

The Celtics in particular draw an insane amount of offensive fouls vs Antetokounmpo.  Tatum also can go bananas like be did when Milwaukee had a chance to clinch G6 last year.  I think on paper the Bucks have enough weapons but will these auxiliary players step-up and is Middleton going to be his old self?  It seems to me the Bucks take too many threes and overpressure the ball a bit.   Holiday can pressure effectively but there's no reason for anyone else to smother the basketball.  I'm watching Joe Ingles last next getting up in guys' grills as am example.  Why?  It leads to open triples and wide open shots vs good teams. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1391 on: March 15, 2023, 09:54:48 AM »
Maybe.....I hope you're right. 

The Celtics in particular draw an insane amount of offensive fouls vs Antetokounmpo.  Tatum also can go bananas like be did when Milwaukee had a chance to clinch G6 last year.  I think on paper the Bucks have enough weapons but will these auxiliary players step-up and is Middleton going to be his old self?  It seems to me the Bucks take too many threes and overpressure the ball a bit.   Holiday can pressure effectively but there's no reason for anyone else to smother the basketball.  I'm watching Joe Ingles last next getting up in guys' grills as am example.  Why?  It leads to open triples and wide open shots vs good teams.

Because they have Giannis and Brook waiting at the rim, and it's how they wore teams down in their 2021 Playoff run.  Have Jrue hound your best perimeter player, let Giannis and Brook shut everything down at the rim, and see if the other team can handle that pressure for 7 games.  You're worrying too much.  They won the title in 2021.  They pushed the C's to 7 without their second best player.  They have the best record in the NBA by 3 games and that's with Middleton not playing for most of the season.  They couldn't be in much better position other than having Middleton further along in his return.  If they're healthy, they'll have as good of a chance to win the title as anyone.  Of course they could lose to the C's.  The C's are really dang good.  So are the 6ers, Suns, Nuggets, and home Warriors.  Nobody's going to be going 16-1 in this year's Playoffs.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1392 on: March 15, 2023, 10:30:57 AM »

When healthy, this is the best Bucks team of my lifetime, and that includes the title team.  Giannis is absolutely unreal.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1393 on: March 15, 2023, 11:05:29 AM »
When healthy, this is the best Bucks team of my lifetime, and that includes the title team.  Giannis is absolutely unreal.

Yeah this roster top to bottom is really stacked. Lotta smart veteran guys who know how to play.

I absolutely loved the Ingles closing lineup last night. Initiate PNR and irritate the hell out of CP.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1394 on: March 15, 2023, 11:29:16 AM »
Yeah this roster top to bottom is really stacked. Lotta smart veteran guys who know how to play.

I absolutely loved the Ingles closing lineup last night. Initiate PNR and irritate the hell out of CP.

Haha yes on your last point.  CP3 took it personal that the Bucks stuck Ingles on him and he tried to make it a one on one game, and it took every other Suns player out of the game/offense.  Then you go to the other side and make the traffic cone try to defend in the pick and roll.  Pull up triples and getting into the lane and dishing from there for Ingles.  It got so bad that CP3 started calling for the double out at half court, the Bucks played 4 on 3, and Jae hit the dagger 3 back in Phoenix, which was awesome.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1395 on: March 15, 2023, 12:37:53 PM »

Plus they're about to hit my season over wager.  ;D

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1396 on: March 15, 2023, 12:40:47 PM »

Ingles was pretty bad when he was activated a while back. But he has really started to turn it on the last few weeks - especially the last couple weeks. I think he will be big in the playoffs

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1397 on: March 15, 2023, 02:06:00 PM »
I hope you're all correct.  Remember Boston will flop a lot with Giannis.  He must avoid those cheap fouls. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1398 on: March 15, 2023, 02:15:06 PM »
I hope you're all correct.  Remember Boston will flop a lot with Giannis.  He must avoid those cheap fouls.

Again, Giannis averaged 34, 15, 7, 1, and 1 over a 7 game series without his best teammate against the C's last year.  You get 6 fouls in the NBA.  It's not very often you see guys fouling out.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1399 on: March 15, 2023, 04:50:10 PM »
Again, Giannis averaged 34, 15, 7, 1, and 1 over a 7 game series without his best teammate against the C's last year.  You get 6 fouls in the NBA.  It's not very often you see guys fouling out.

His overall efficiency was not at his top level and he had a poor G7 for his standards.

feedback