[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146191 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #1350 on: March 05, 2023, 07:56:17 AM »
The only positive is those calls do go called less often come playoff time, so he has no idea how to play in the playoffs.

Pretty bad loss there. Why Bud refuses to run the offense through Jrue and Brook when they’re hot is beyond me. Khris looked awful.

Offense wasn’t the problem, though. When you give up 45 in the 4th and lose by 3 - that’s on the defense. Philly scored almost every time down the floor in the last 8 minutes.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1351 on: March 05, 2023, 08:25:45 AM »
Offense wasn’t the problem, though. When you give up 45 in the 4th and lose by 3 - that’s on the defense. Philly scored almost every time down the floor in the last 8 minutes.

Exactly.  Philly hit 64% of threes in the final quarter.  Your offense has to be near perfect to overcome that.

They gave up 48 actually in the fourth.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1352 on: March 05, 2023, 10:01:24 AM »
Down 4 with 25 seconds left, Lopez/Allen/Holiday are a combined 14/21 from 3 and you have Middleton taking a fading 3 on a curl when he has 6 points on the night and is shooting 30% from 3 in the last 10 games?  Thats, ummm, a choice?

Exactly. That was shocking. I mean, I’d hope they’re trying to get Middleton back to where he needs to be. But you can run after timeout plays for him when you’re not down 4 with 25 seconds to play.

No doubt. The Sixers were getting Middleton switched onto Harden and Harden was cooking him all 4th quarter.

But my concern with the offense is Bud goes to Middleton as the primary ball handler when Jrue is out (and even sometimes when he’s in). Middleton’s always been loose with the ball, but has been especially bad this year. He also uses Giannis way too much to initiate the half court offense. Obviously let him get the ball in transition and run. But walking it up he’s just bad there. Teams simply go under the pick and roll and collapse on him. He takes the walk in 3 which is as good as a live ball turnover.

It’s why I have hope Dragic is actually useful. We need him to run the offense in the half court when Jrue is on the bench.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1353 on: March 05, 2023, 11:38:21 AM »
I agree on the Middleton comment. I would much rather he run off of ball screens and play off of Giannis.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1354 on: March 05, 2023, 11:46:30 AM »
Middleton doesn't look right yet. And it's almost time to start worrying - they aren't really pushing him. I thought not playing Jae down the stretch was certainly a choice the way the defense was playing

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1355 on: March 07, 2023, 06:44:13 AM »
Lol Grant Williams bricked 2 FTs with 0.8 seconds left in regulation (only needed to make 1) after trash talking Donovan Mitchell and saying he was going to make both. Celtics proceeded to lose in OT.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1356 on: March 07, 2023, 10:37:00 AM »
So it looks like Chicago may have to cancel the parade for the Bulls 10th place Eastern Conference finish.

Lot of money and draft capital spent building that dynasty. 

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1357 on: March 07, 2023, 02:14:51 PM »
"The side of Ja Morant the media doesn't show." Ummm...who are those dudes with the cameras and media credentials hanging around their necks? LOL

I like Ja (despite what he did to us). I think he's one of the most exciting young players in the League. Until very recently, I don't think the media has missed too many opportunities to show Ja a lot of love.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1358 on: March 07, 2023, 02:25:27 PM »
"The side of Ja Morant the media doesn't show." Ummm...who are those dudes with the cameras and media credentials hanging around their necks? LOL

I like Ja (despite what he did to us). I think he's one of the most exciting young players in the League. Until very recently, I don't think the media has missed too many opportunities to show Ja a lot of love.

Yea that's moronic.  There has been plenty of coverage of him doing stuff like this, not because of some media game, but because he does it A LOT.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, part of his likeability was based around his really getting it with fan interactions.  But there are plenty of rappers who ended up in jail or deceased who were happily social and outgoing and generous and good to others in their community, but that doesn't excuse the unsavory things they were still involved in after "making it" and the outcomes it produced.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1359 on: March 07, 2023, 03:40:23 PM »
Edit: never mind, coworker at the trash and then I ate the leftover trash.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 03:46:50 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1360 on: March 07, 2023, 07:49:51 PM »

The title of the post boarders on being hilarious with irony. LOL, thanks for posting. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1361 on: March 07, 2023, 08:59:28 PM »
I’ll never understand why Bud doesn’t run the offense through Brook when it bogs down. The guy is the Bucks’ best half court option. Can pick and roll and finish the lob, pick and pop and hit the 3, has a little Dirk-like fade from the mid range. He’s incredibly skilled for a guy his size. Every time 2 of the Bucks’ big 3 are out he goes for 25+.

I’m also convinced that while his raw rebounding numbers aren’t impressive for a guy his size, he’s the most important player to a team’s rebounding in the NBA. The Bucks are the best rebounding team in the league, but when he goes to the bench they give up second shots galore.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1362 on: March 07, 2023, 09:06:44 PM »
The Bucks defense is entirely built on what Brook does, and his box outs are what allow Giannis and Portis to clean the glass at the rates they do

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1363 on: March 07, 2023, 09:08:43 PM »
I’ll never understand why Bud doesn’t run the offense through Brook when it bogs down. The guy is the Bucks’ best half court option. Can pick and roll and finish the lob, pick and pop and hit the 3, has a little Dirk-like fade from the mid range. He’s incredibly skilled for a guy his size. Every time 2 of the Bucks’ big 3 are out he goes for 25+.

I’m also convinced that while his raw rebounding numbers aren’t impressive for a guy his size, he’s the most important player to a team’s rebounding in the NBA. The Bucks are the best rebounding team in the league, but when he goes to the bench they give up second shots galore.

It's an interesting point.  Is Middleton playing anywhere near his pre-injury level?  When I have watched the Bucks I haven't been particularly impressed with their h-c offense.  Obviously, Giannis destroys in transition but I think they can run a more fluid and efficient offense in the h-c. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1364 on: March 07, 2023, 09:49:57 PM »
It's an interesting point.  Is Middleton playing anywhere near his pre-injury level?  When I have watched the Bucks I haven't been particularly impressed with their h-c offense.  Obviously, Giannis destroys in transition but I think they can run a more fluid and efficient offense in the h-c.

Middleton looked good the second time he came back up until the Sixers game. He looked good again tonight. They need to start taking the training wheels off and ramping him up, because he needs to be right up there with Jrue in production for the Bucks to win a title.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1365 on: March 08, 2023, 06:04:29 AM »
Middleton looked good the second time he came back up until the Sixers game. He looked good again tonight. They need to start taking the training wheels off and ramping him up, because he needs to be right up there with Jrue in production for the Bucks to win a title.

I'm also concerned they gave up like 50 points in tbe 4Q to Philly the other night.  I agree with your basic point.  I will also add that Giannis needs to figure out Boston's flopping, I mean defense.   He commits way too many offensive fouls vs the C's and doesn't shoot a particularly high percentage.  If he takes his time a bit in lieu of bowling people over he can get what he wants in the paint.  I think Budenholzer needs to make an adjustment vs them. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1366 on: March 08, 2023, 07:25:07 AM »
I'm also concerned they gave up like 50 points in tbe 4Q to Philly the other night.  I agree with your basic point.  I will also add that Giannis needs to figure out Boston's flopping, I mean defense.   He commits way too many offensive fouls vs the C's and doesn't shoot a particularly high percentage.  If he takes his time a bit in lieu of bowling people over he can get what he wants in the paint.  I think Budenholzer needs to make an adjustment vs them.

Giannis averaged 34, 15, and 7 in the series last year and carried them to 7 games without his best teammate. If there’s still stuff left to figure out then I think the Bucks are in good shape.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1367 on: March 08, 2023, 08:16:25 AM »
Yeah, I am not really concerned about the Bucks.  Pretty sure they will make to the ECF. Not sure if they can get past Boston, but they have made a bunch of good moves and are set up fine.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1368 on: March 08, 2023, 09:28:53 AM »
Yeah, I am not really concerned about the Bucks.  Pretty sure they will make to the ECF. Not sure if they can get past Boston, but they have made a bunch of good moves and are set up fine.

Their goal is not making the ECF or Finals Fluffy. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1369 on: March 08, 2023, 09:33:47 AM »
Their goal is not making the ECF or Finals Fluffy. 

No sh*t. Never said it was.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1370 on: March 08, 2023, 09:37:29 AM »
The Bucks have only won 18 of their last 19 games. It's very concerning.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1371 on: March 08, 2023, 12:53:31 PM »
That J.J. Reddick vs Perk video is worth seeing. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1372 on: March 08, 2023, 04:14:19 PM »
That J.J. Reddick vs Perk video is worth seeing.

Perk needs to get off the air.

Guy constantly gets body bagged and never says anything remotely intelligent. Reddick put him in his place baaaaaaaad.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1373 on: March 08, 2023, 04:40:42 PM »

Guy constantly gets body bagged and never says anything remotely intelligent. Reddick put him in his place baaaaaaaad.

I think both have completely fair points at the core.  But Perk clumsily phrased his as "voters are just racist" instead of a more realistic or nuanced take on racial biases, perceived or otherwise, and then just screaming about facts when opposed.  But thats what ESPN wants.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1374 on: March 08, 2023, 04:44:04 PM »

Carry the hell on!

feedback