[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146056 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #1175 on: February 08, 2023, 10:04:48 AM »
I don't know if there was a better way to do it, but given that it happened with 10 seconds left in a quarter, it felt kind of ridiculous stopping the game for 10-15 min with that little time left before a quarter break.

Also, its not hate on Lebron, but it was kind of a hilarious visual for him to sprint down the court arms outstretched in adoration and look at the scoreboard to see that bucket made it only a 5 point lead for the Thunder and the Lakers were still down.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1176 on: February 08, 2023, 12:03:03 PM »

It would have been interesting to see what Kareem could have done in the NBA with the four years that Lebron had by not going to college.  Kareem was clearly second fiddle to Magic on the back end of those Laker teams - perhaps even third behind James Worthy.  And that last year was pretty ugly culminating in that blowout Finals loss to the Pistons.

But yeah it looks like Lebron could be good for another five years.

I am in the small group that considers Kareem the GOAT. He was the high school GOAT, He was the college GOAT, and he was the NBA GOAT.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1177 on: February 08, 2023, 12:08:38 PM »
Next man up ta both of dees kats, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1178 on: February 08, 2023, 12:46:28 PM »
I am in the small group that considers Kareem the GOAT. He was the high school GOAT, He was the college GOAT, and he was the NBA GOAT.

This is correct
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1179 on: February 08, 2023, 02:27:06 PM »

I don't really agree with that, but I think GOAT debates are tiresome.  I was simply mentioning that Lebron by age got a four year head start on the scoring record. I am certainly not trying to diminish his accomplishment in anyway because the record is the record, but it would have been interesting to see where Kareem would have ended up had he entered the league four years earlier.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1180 on: February 08, 2023, 02:35:27 PM »
LBJ also got made 2,233 three pointers compared to Kareem's 1.  The 3 point line wasn't even around for the first half of Kareem's career.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #1181 on: February 08, 2023, 03:13:04 PM »
LBJ also got made 2,233 three pointers compared to Kareem's 1.  The 3 point line wasn't even around for the first half of Kareem's career.

While that's a valid point, I don't think it would have mattered much for Kareem's total. He wasn't going to be bombing away from deep even if the three point line would have been around for his entire career. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1182 on: February 08, 2023, 03:27:27 PM »
Kareem would've made the three-point corner skyhook a thing.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1183 on: February 08, 2023, 03:53:37 PM »

I don't really agree with that, but I think GOAT debates are tiresome.  I was simply mentioning that Lebron by age got a four year head start on the scoring record. I am certainly not trying to diminish his accomplishment in anyway because the record is the record, but it would have been interesting to see where Kareem would have ended up had he entered the league four years earlier.

No problem. I agree with what you are saying. If Kareem was able to go straight to the NBA, Lebron would be years away from the record. If Kareem had the freedom of movement that LeBron has on the court in this era, he would never be caught.

Goat discussions ARE pretty useless, but are inevitable when sports rely so heavily on stats. They’ll never end.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1184 on: February 08, 2023, 04:13:17 PM »
While that's a valid point, I don't think it would have mattered much for Kareem's total. He wasn't going to be bombing away from deep even if the three point line would have been around for his entire career.

Sure, but that would still be another season and a half of scoring needed for Lebron to catch him if you assume he would have 2 instead of 3 for each of those baskets.

• All American
« Reply #1185 on: February 08, 2023, 04:19:24 PM »
Sure, but that would still be another season and a half of scoring needed for Lebron to catch him if you assume he would have 2 instead of 3 for each of those baskets.

I am not sure why this is relevant.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1186 on: February 08, 2023, 10:07:17 PM »
Juan to Jazz as part of 3-team trade between Lakers, Jazz and T-Wolves.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1187 on: February 09, 2023, 12:14:54 AM »
Durant to Phoenix for Bridges, Crowder, Cam Johnson, four 1sts, and 2028 pick swap back to Brooklyn.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1188 on: February 09, 2023, 06:35:49 AM »
Durant to Phoenix for Bridges, Crowder, Cam Johnson, four 1sts, and 2028 pick swap back to Brooklyn.

Wow. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1189 on: February 09, 2023, 06:51:52 AM »

there supposedly was talk of the bucks picking up jae in an attempt to fill in another experienced veteran before trade deadline and for a final playoff push, but jae had made it known to phoenix he wanted to start.  i doubt milwaukee would have honored that.  i guess being on a winner and great weather wasn't enough.  now he has crap weather, a loser and significantly higher taxes.  sometimes careful what ya wish for?

maybe milwaukee still swings a deal?  jae better hope so, because he's presently in b-ball purgatory
don't...don't don't don't don't

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1190 on: February 09, 2023, 06:53:57 AM »
   there supposedly was talk of the bucks picking up jae in an attempt to fill in another experienced veteran before trade deadline and for a final playoff push, but jae had made it known to phoenix he wanted to start.  i doubt milwaukee would have honored that.  i guess being on a winner and great weather wasn't enough.  now he has crap weather, a loser and significantly higher taxes.  sometimes careful what ya wish for?

maybe milwaukee still swings a deal?  jae better hope so, because he's presently in b-ball purgatory

I would think it's conceivable Jae is waved by Brooklyn.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1191 on: February 09, 2023, 06:57:05 AM »

Durant is a great player, but I feel like the Suns overpaid. But, if they get a title out of the deal, it will have been worth it. I lived in Phoenix when I first started following basketball (my Marquette years...coincidence?) and I followed the Suns. I still like them and if the Cavs don't win, I'd like for the Suns to win. But I'm not sure Durant will get them over the hump and they gave up a lot to get him. I'd be very happy to be wrong.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1192 on: February 09, 2023, 07:56:51 AM »
Durant is a great player, but I feel like the Suns overpaid. But, if they get a title out of the deal, it will have been worth it. I lived in Phoenix when I first started following basketball (my Marquette years...coincidence?) and I followed the Suns. I still like them and if the Cavs don't win, I'd like for the Suns to win. But I'm not sure Durant will get them over the hump and they gave up a lot to get him. I'd be very happy to be wrong.

Durant, Paul, Booker and Ayton. If I were a Suns fan, I'd be thrilled that my team is taking a big swing and going for it all.

Sure, it might end up not being great down the line, but this is how you win in the NBA.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1193 on: February 09, 2023, 08:06:17 AM »
Suns new owner Matt Ishbia ( member of Michigan State 2000 natty team) going for winning now .

Hope Jae finds his ways to The Bucks
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1194 on: February 09, 2023, 08:23:05 AM »
I would think it's conceivable Jae is waved by Brooklyn.

yes muggs, however, his big stink with phoenix was "starting"  i don't get that because coming off bench, 2nd line, play well and you still get yourself 30 minutes

i just don't see him starting on bucks, but if ya throw him a bone and start him, then pull him after 2-3 minutes, what's the difference except EGO??  i don't see jae as having that EGO thing nor getting in the way of being on a team with a chance to WIN.  plus he'd be back with wesley and milwaukee.  the dude is making $10 mil

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1195 on: February 09, 2023, 08:24:41 AM »
Incredible how quickly the Nets went from contender to their own version of "the process."

They've even got Ben Simmons, a key part of the Sixers when they were in "the process." Of course, the Sixers didn't become even semi-contenders until they dumped him.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1196 on: February 09, 2023, 08:30:47 AM »
simmons is one of the MOST over rated players in the league

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1197 on: February 09, 2023, 08:45:26 AM »
Durant, Paul, Booker and Ayton. If I were a Suns fan, I'd be thrilled that my team is taking a big swing and going for it all.

Sure, it might end up not being great down the line, but this is how you win in the NBA.

If healthy that's a beyond potent line-up.  Seriously......WTF do you do with Durant and Booker on the floor together while CP3 is running the Point?  This isn't like Brooklyn at all, both Booker and Durant excel off the ball and can bully ball smalls.  And then it's not like Ayton is a slouch on switches or rim running.   Assuming Paul is healthy I cannot see how they are not significant favorites now. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1198 on: February 09, 2023, 08:51:58 AM »
If healthy that's a beyond potent line-up.  Seriously......WTF do you do with Durant and Booker on the floor together while CP3 is running the Point?  This isn't like Brooklyn at all, both Booker and Durant excel off the ball and can bully ball smalls.  And then it's not like Ayton is a slouch on switches or rim running.   Assuming Paul is healthy I cannot see how they are not significant favorites now.

You hope that there isn't enough ball to go around.  Just like there wasn't in Brooklyn.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1199 on: February 09, 2023, 09:08:56 AM »

Don't get me wrong...I'm glad to see it. Most of my family is still there, and I'm sure they're thrilled. I'm hoping for a Cavs/Suns finals. That would be great. And if it's not the Cavs, I definitely hope the Suns win it all.

As much respect as I have for Durant, I'm just not convinced that he's the guy. That was a lot to give up if he doesn't deliver.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.