[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146195 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #725 on: November 01, 2022, 12:49:45 PM »
Woj is reporting that Steve Nash has been fired.

KD finally wins something as a Brooklyn Net!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #726 on: November 01, 2022, 01:14:26 PM »
KD finally wins something as a Brooklyn Net!

I wonder if all of those people here who attack GM LeBron will now attack GM Durant.

LeBron certainly has more cred than Durant.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #727 on: November 01, 2022, 01:15:55 PM »
Whoa

@ShamsCharania
The Brooklyn Nets plan to hire Ime Udoka as their new head coach, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Boston granted the Nets permission to speak to Udoka and will allow him to leave freely, sources said.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #728 on: November 01, 2022, 01:17:56 PM »
Whoa

@ShamsCharania
The Brooklyn Nets plan to hire Ime Udoka as their new head coach, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Boston granted the Nets permission to speak to Udoka and will allow him to leave freely, sources said.

Is the Nets owner married?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #729 on: November 01, 2022, 01:26:56 PM »
Whoa

@ShamsCharania

Leaning into being a heel. They should hire Vince McMahon as PR/Promotions

MU82

• All American
« Reply #730 on: November 01, 2022, 02:18:31 PM »
I wonder if all of those people here who attack GM LeBron will now attack GM Durant.

LeBron certainly has more cred than Durant.

Some might dispute the "cred" thing ... but LJ has twice as many championships at KD does, and he also took an otherwise mediocre-at-best Cleveland team all the way to the NBA Finals in 2007.

Neither has been a very good GM, although LeBron did win a title after convincing AD to come to LA.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #731 on: November 01, 2022, 03:20:43 PM »
Didn't even take an hour for the C's to start leaking more details lol.

Nets might as well sign Primo.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #732 on: November 01, 2022, 04:17:38 PM »
Didn't even take an hour for the C's to start leaking more details lol.

Nets might as well sign Primo.

LOL! 

The Nets/Celtics match-up just got more interesting. 

YaBlueIt

• Starter
« Reply #733 on: November 01, 2022, 04:22:23 PM »
Nets trying to rack up the most toxic personalities in the NBA like Infinity Stones. Bold move Cotton, let's see if it works out for them

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #734 on: November 01, 2022, 04:32:01 PM »
Nets trying to rack up the most toxic personalities in the NBA like Infinity Stones. Bold move Cotton, let's see if it works out for them

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #735 on: November 02, 2022, 03:50:29 AM »
Woj is reporting that Steve Nash has been fired.

Didant no he majored in journalism @ Dook. Good on 'im fore findin' a job. Nein million ain't watt it useta bea, wit inflation and such, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #736 on: November 02, 2022, 08:50:12 AM »
You're always shocked when a move like this happens," Durant said after a 108-99 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday night. "But it's normal in the NBA. It's about getting ready for the game tonight. It's a quick turn always in the league, especially during the season. You've got practice, games coming up, so you can't think too much about it. It was on my mind for a little bit today.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #737 on: November 02, 2022, 07:13:24 PM »

By John Amato — November 2, 2022
During Monday night's game, the four hosts on TNT's NBA show blasted Kyrie Irving's anti-Semitism, as well as the NBA for failing to do anything about it.

Ernie Johnson opened by bashing Irving for claiming he wasn't promoting anti-Semitism by tweeting a link to the 2018 movie “Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America.” to millions of his followers.

"He keeps making a big thing out of the word promotion, that is promotion.' Johnson said.

"I could tell he's not conscious, He doesn't really care what's going on. We have to answer what this idiot has done," Shaq O'Neil said.

Charles Barkley crucified Irving and the NBA as well.

"I think the NBA dropped the ball, I think he should have been suspended. I think Adam [Silver, the NBA commissioner] should have suspended him,” Barkley said.

I said the same thing when I wrote about Irving defending his indefensible behavior a few days ago.

“First of all, Adam is Jewish. You can’t take my $40 million [Irving’s salary] and insult my religion. You’re going to insult me, you have the right, but I have the right to say no. You’re not going to take my $40 million and insult my religion. I think the NBA, they have made a mistake.” Barkley said.

The NBA fined players for making homophobic slurs

Irving also promoted sicko Alex Jones and his "secret cabal ruling the world" crap.

"Him acknowledging the Alex Jones thing, something should have happened with that too, ’cause that dude’s crazy and...I can’t believe we ain’t talking about basketball — we talking about this idiot.”

During the broadcast, former NBA star Reggie Miller did not hold back on the players' silence either.

"The players have dropped the ball on this case when it’s been one of their own,” Miller said during the Nets vs Bulls game.

“It’s been crickets.”

“You can’t go silent in terms of this for Kyrie Irving,” Miller pleaded. “I want to hear the players and their strong opinions as well, just as we heard about Robert Sarver and Donald Sterling.”

Irving is a disgrace.

He elevated himself to the anti-vax crowd for refusing to get vaccinated, which kept him from playing in any Nets home games. This, of course, increased his political online presence.

Irving is a rich, One World Fool and anti-Semite.

It's not too late to suspend him from the game of basketball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #738 on: November 02, 2022, 08:03:04 PM »
I see that the Bucks are up nine  but 1-18 from distance?   I know they're undefeated but I'm a little concerned long-term. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #739 on: November 02, 2022, 08:04:48 PM »
Why?    Barring injury, who in the East is going to be better?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #740 on: November 02, 2022, 08:07:44 PM »
Why?    Barring injury, who in the East is going to be better?

Boston and Cleveland.  We'll see how they look with Middleton but they're not shooting the ball well at all.  Hopefully Connaughton and Ingles help.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #741 on: November 02, 2022, 08:48:48 PM »
Boston and Cleveland.  We'll see how they look with Middleton but they're not shooting the ball well at all.  Hopefully Connaughton and Ingles help.

I have a tough time getting too worked up about a game in November when we are missing some of our best shooters. Especially in a game the Bucks are fairly comfortably ahead.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #742 on: November 02, 2022, 08:51:50 PM »
3 of their 5 best shooters are out. They’ll be fine and they’ll trade a combination of Nwora, Grayson, Hill, and a pick at the deadline. When healthy, they’re the best team in the NBA just like last year and the year before. Doesn’t mean they’ll win a title, but they have as good of a chance as anyone.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #743 on: November 02, 2022, 08:58:58 PM »
By John Amato — November 2, 2022
During Monday night's game, the four hosts on TNT's NBA show blasted Kyrie Irving's anti-Semitism, as well as the NBA for failing to do anything about it.

Ernie Johnson opened by bashing Irving for claiming he wasn't promoting anti-Semitism by tweeting a link to the 2018 movie “Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America.” to millions of his followers.

"He keeps making a big thing out of the word promotion, that is promotion.' Johnson said.

"I could tell he's not conscious, He doesn't really care what's going on. We have to answer what this idiot has done," Shaq O'Neil said.

Charles Barkley crucified Irving and the NBA as well.

"I think the NBA dropped the ball, I think he should have been suspended. I think Adam [Silver, the NBA commissioner] should have suspended him,” Barkley said.

I said the same thing when I wrote about Irving defending his indefensible behavior a few days ago.

“First of all, Adam is Jewish. You can’t take my $40 million [Irving’s salary] and insult my religion. You’re going to insult me, you have the right, but I have the right to say no. You’re not going to take my $40 million and insult my religion. I think the NBA, they have made a mistake.” Barkley said.

The NBA fined players for making homophobic slurs

Irving also promoted sicko Alex Jones and his "secret cabal ruling the world" crap.

"Him acknowledging the Alex Jones thing, something should have happened with that too, ’cause that dude’s crazy and...I can’t believe we ain’t talking about basketball — we talking about this idiot.”

During the broadcast, former NBA star Reggie Miller did not hold back on the players' silence either.

"The players have dropped the ball on this case when it’s been one of their own,” Miller said during the Nets vs Bulls game.

“It’s been crickets.”

“You can’t go silent in terms of this for Kyrie Irving,” Miller pleaded. “I want to hear the players and their strong opinions as well, just as we heard about Robert Sarver and Donald Sterling.”

Irving is a disgrace.

He elevated himself to the anti-vax crowd for refusing to get vaccinated, which kept him from playing in any Nets home games. This, of course, increased his political online presence.

Irving is a rich, One World Fool and anti-Semite.

It's not too late to suspend him from the game of basketball.

In a funny way, the Inside the NBA crew hammering Kyrie may be more impactful for an image and "this sh** is not ok" perspective than any fine or suspension would.  Given their impact and reach on the culture of the NBA.

Hot take, I don't actually think Kyrie is an Anti-Semite.  I think he's a curious and reasonably intelligent person who spent his entire life being coddled and praised and never opposed.  So then, instead of focusing on constructive pursuits when people keep him in check or say "WTF bro", he morphed his reasonable intelligence into some galaxy brain "free thinker"/contrarian stupidity.  Which instead of showing intelligence, just makes him gullible and moronic as he tries to find a way to explain that 2+2 is actually 5, cause everyone just hasn't opened their Third Eye like him.  It doesn't make his statement any less damaging or reprehensible.  It just differs it from someone like Kanye who I think has a legit anti-Semitic belief and mission he wants to pursue.  Whereas Kyrie would have moved on in a month to some other 4chan BS.

In terms of actual basketball, I think the Cavs may actually be the second best team in the East.  They've been really good WITHOUT Garland.  With him back?  Sheesh.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #744 on: November 02, 2022, 09:16:19 PM »
I have a tough time getting too worked up about a game in November when we are missing some of our best shooters. Especially in a game the Bucks are fairly comfortably ahead.

I hear you cheebs.  But the Bucks haven't really played anyone and have had 6 of 7 at Fiserv.  Statistically they are awful from distance and when I have watched we're talking wide open looks from so-called spot shooters.  Hopefully it's just a slump, and Middleton  and others will help, but they will not beat the elite teams in the playoffs if they go brick city from downtown.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #745 on: November 03, 2022, 04:40:04 AM »
I hear you cheebs.  But the Bucks haven't really played anyone and have had 6 of 7 at Fiserv.  Statistically they are awful from distance and when I have watched we're talking wide open looks from so-called spot shooters.  Hopefully it's just a slump, and Middleton  and others will help, but they will not beat the elite teams in the playoffs if they go brick city from downtown.

It’s November.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #746 on: November 03, 2022, 07:51:12 AM »
Bulls pulled away in the second half to easily beat the depleted Hornets, who were without Ball and Rozier all game, and Hayward in the second half.

Steve Clifford, Charlotte's new/old coach:

"You do have to know why you are winning and why you are losing. Look, if we have one more of those guys ... if we have Melo or Terry or Gordon, we can win it. But you can’t play without all of them. And those are the guys we play through, so it makes it hard. I’m not saying we can’t win a game. But it’s going to be hard. This wasn’t about effort. There’s short-handed ... and then there’s where we’re at right now. This is tough stuff.”

An excuse? Sure. Also facts. Including accused assaulter Miles Bridges, the Hornets are without 4/5ths of their starting lineup -- and Miles Plumlee isn't exactly the one starter Clifford would choose to have available.

The Bulls shot 45% from 3, and they pulled away by hitting 9 straight at one point. Bulls are 5-4 and looked good, but their opponent last night was so weak it's hard to judge.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #747 on: November 03, 2022, 08:07:09 AM »
From the Raleigh News-Observer:

Jon Scheyer has built a solid relationship with Brooklyn Nets guard Kyrie Irving since the latter replaced him as Duke’s starting point guard 12 years ago. So Scheyer intends to talk with Irving about his recent actions on social media, which have appeared to sympathize with antisemitism.

“I’ve known Kyrie for a long time, and I’ve had nothing but incredible interactions with him,” Scheyer, in his first year as Duke’s basketball coach, said Wednesday night. “For me, it’s less about Kyrie. It’s more just about what’s happening all across our country, right? I mean, you see things in the news and it’s concerning. Antisemitism of any kind, is horrible and wrong and unacceptable.”

Irving came out with a PR stunt yesterday, pledging to donate about one game check to "fight hate." But he didn't apologize for his overtly anti-Semitic post, and he won't because he thinks it was just hunky-dory.

Is he an anti-Semite? I'm not sure why Wags or others would think otherwise. He willingly made an anti-Semitic post ... and, just in case it was only done only out of ignorance, he doubled-down even after the anti-Semitism in his post was pointed out to him.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #748 on: November 03, 2022, 09:03:56 AM »
The 500K "pledge" was not an apology. Nor do I think that hanging out with Jon Scheyer will mean anything to Kyrie.  He's in the largest Jewish community in the country by far.  If he actually cares about what he did, and learning about the Jewish people and their religion/history, reach out to various rabbis and synagogues in Brooklyn. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #749 on: November 03, 2022, 09:04:31 AM »
Is he an anti-Semite? I'm not sure why Wags or others would think otherwise. He willingly made an anti-Semitic post ... and, just in case it was only done only out of ignorance, he doubled-down even after the anti-Semitism in his post was pointed out to him.

Because he is a stupid person who thinks he is smart.  Very easily manipulated and hates to be embarrassed.  Know anyone else like that?  At this point he is just a snapshot of a large portion of the US population.  Media literacy is the number one problem affecting our populace, and Kyrie is the poster boy.

feedback