[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146065 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 15, 2022, 03:59:55 PM »
Appears Marquette offered.
[/quote

Smart move on Poole's part ta play four UM rather than Limp Dick, hey?

Beilein offered him before anyone else did. Poole also left Milwaukee and played at La Lumiere.  You knew all that, though
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #451 on: October 15, 2022, 10:15:07 PM »
Davante pushed a guy to the ground... assault

Draymond throws a potentially deadly punch... a fine?

Devante Adams assaulted someone who is in effect a " civilian" ( a member of the production crew) and who was more than happy to file a complaint with the proper authorities. Moral of that story-------if you're going to committ a tort against someone who is part of the supporting cast and only doing his job, don't do it on national television.

The Green/Poole incident is nothing more than a work place dust--up that for all intents and purposes occurred behind closed doors in front of a room full of alpha males. Kind of like 2 longshoremen pounding the piss out of each other in the lunchroom. Nobody will file a complaint. None of the 20+ people present saw or heard anything. No one would testify against a teammate. Move on----nothing to see here.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #452 on: October 15, 2022, 11:19:39 PM »
Warriors just keeping up the Latrell Sprewell tradition
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #453 on: October 16, 2022, 05:39:11 AM »
Devante Adams assaulted someone who is in effect a " civilian" ( a member of the production crew) and who was more than happy to file a complaint with the proper authorities. Moral of that story-------if you're going to committ a tort against someone who is part of the supporting cast and only doing his job, don't do it on national television.

The Green/Poole incident is nothing more than a work place dust--up that for all intents and purposes occurred behind closed doors in front of a room full of alpha males. Kind of like 2 longshoremen pounding the piss out of each other in the lunchroom. Nobody will file a complaint. None of the 20+ people present saw or heard anything. No one would testify against a teammate. Move on----nothing to see here.

He didn’t do it on national television.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2022, 09:13:13 AM »
Clippers are launching a D2C viewing option

https://apnews.com/article/los-angeles-clippers-nba-sports-steve-ballmer-gillian-zucker-e26effde3fe9180e9e1d9f67e540604b

The product — ClipperVision, it’s called — is a first for the NBA, and the team says it is planning on streaming more than 70 games live in-market this coming season.

“It’s inevitable. This is where things are going. It’s obvious,” Clippers President Gillian Zucker said. “The speed at which the pickup takes place, that’s the only question mark.”

Hopefully this catches on in pro/college sports. I feel like it's 10 years late, but better late than never.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2022, 02:26:09 PM »
Hornets backup James Bouknight was arrested for impaired driving.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article267431857.html#storylink=cpy

This is commonplace for Bouknight, who has several pending charges from November alone, including speeding and reckless driving. He also was arrested once for similar while he was at UConn.

What a dope, and potentially a killer dope.

He hardly played as a rookie last season but he has moved up to become a rotation player this season. It's hard to root for a guy who doesn't learn, though.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #456 on: October 17, 2022, 06:27:26 PM »
The Athletic's Power Rankings are out. The Bucks (2) and the Heat (5) are the East teams in "Tier 1: The Contenders"

https://theathletic.com/3608925/2022/10/17/nba-power-rankings-season-opening/?source=user-shared-article

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2022, 06:38:40 PM »
The Athletic's Power Rankings are out. The Bucks (2) and the Heat (5) are the East teams in "Tier 1: The Contenders"

https://theathletic.com/3608925/2022/10/17/nba-power-rankings-season-opening/?source=user-shared-article

Will be very curious what the Bucks look like through the new year.  Think this is a team that starts slow and then we’ll see what happens

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2022, 06:41:33 PM »
Hornets backup James Bouknight was arrested for impaired driving.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article267431857.html#storylink=cpy

This is commonplace for Bouknight, who has several pending charges from November alone, including speeding and reckless driving. He also was arrested once for similar while he was at UConn.

What a dope, and potentially a killer dope.

He hardly played as a rookie last season but he has moved up to become a rotation player this season. It's hard to root for a guy who doesn't learn, though.

Funny, I happened to catch part of a recent interview with Steve Clifford on NBA radio  recently.  He said that Patrick Ewing talked to him about Bouknight, presumably before they drafted him.  To paraphrase he stated "Patrick had never raved about a college player before to me but he was emphatic that Bouk would be a superstar in the NBA." 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2022, 09:28:17 PM »
Funny, I happened to catch part of a recent interview with Steve Clifford on NBA radio  recently.  He said that Patrick Ewing talked to him about Bouknight, presumably before they drafted him.  To paraphrase he stated "Patrick had never raved about a college player before to me but he was emphatic that Bouk would be a superstar in the NBA."

Given Ewing’s ability as a college coach, maybe not the best person to glean an assessment from.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #460 on: October 17, 2022, 09:55:23 PM »
Given Ewing’s ability as a college coach, maybe not the best person to glean an assessment from.

Ya....I was surprised he rent there but I guess he was his assistant a few years ago

MU82

• All American
« Reply #461 on: October 18, 2022, 09:47:43 AM »
The future superstar Bouk was passed out in his car and had a gun with him when he was found and arrested.

He has a bazillion traffic citations outstanding.

Meanwhile, Miles Bridges' trial for beating up the mother of his children -- in front of those children -- has been postponed numerous times. He won't be with the team as the season starts, and even if he escapes his legal issures, he faces a long NBA suspension.

The Hornets have way more arrests than they do playoff victories over the last 10 years. MJ is doing a hell of a job as owner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #462 on: October 18, 2022, 10:08:39 AM »
The future superstar Bouk was passed out in his car and had a gun with him when he was found and arrested.

He has a bazillion traffic citations outstanding.

Meanwhile, Miles Bridges' trial for beating up the mother of his children -- in front of those children -- has been postponed numerous times. He won't be with the team as the season starts, and even if he escapes his legal issures, he faces a long NBA suspension.

The Hornets have way more arrests than they do playoff victories over the last 10 years. MJ is doing a hell of a job as owner.

Ball and Wembenyama should be fun together next year, though.

Can the Bucks take any of Hayward, Oubre, or PJ Washington from you to assist in your tank season?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #463 on: October 18, 2022, 10:24:53 AM »
Ball and Wembenyama should be fun together next year, though.

Can the Bucks take any of Hayward, Oubre, or PJ Washington from you to assist in your tank season?

Despite everything going on with Bridges, and now with Ball missing the start of the season, the Hornets actually think they are "close." By their definition, that means 45 wins and a playoff (not play-in) berth. I think they're nuts.

If I could be assured of one of the top 2 picks (as was the case pre-1985) or reasonably sure of one of the top 2 (as was the case pre-2018), I'd tank. But it's murkier now. And what I think doesn't matter anyway because Jordan/Kupchak don't seem ready to even contemplate tanking.

A healthy Heyward (major oxymoron) would help the Bucks or any number of other teams. The others could, too. As could Rozier. The Hornets have a lot of solid 5th-6th-7th men.

What most Hornets fans are afraid of is that they will not win very much the next couple of years and then LaMelo will bolt. Their entire marketing campaign is built around him, not to mention any chance they have of actually being an exciting, successful team.

YaBlueIt

• Starter
« Reply #464 on: October 18, 2022, 10:31:32 AM »
Will be very curious what the Bucks look like through the new year.  Think this is a team that starts slow and then we’ll see what happens

Definitely agree on the slow start as they will be without Middleton and Connaughton for the first few weeks of the season. It may take a while for things to get gelling.

Interesting that the Athletic didn't have the Sixers in the contenders bracket. I think there's a strong possibility they finish with the 1 seed in the East.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #465 on: October 18, 2022, 10:33:13 AM »
Definitely agree on the slow start as they will be without Middleton and Connaughton for the first few weeks of the season. It may take a while for things to get gelling.

Interesting that the Athletic didn't have the Sixers in the contenders bracket. I think there's a strong possibility they finish with the 1 seed in the East.

Any team with James Harden isn’t a serious contender

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #466 on: October 18, 2022, 10:39:42 AM »

Rico nailed it. Their big Q on the Sixers is if Harden can still be productive, "But will Harden be plagued by stricter rules against trying to draw fouls and more importantly his nagging hamstring issues? Harden might be best used as a pure point guard type of player, but he might be in the zone of waiting to see if he can remain healthy."

Their big Q on the Celtics is the health of their center. "Robert Williams III’s knee isn’t in ideal shape following his meniscus tear, and we don’t even know when to truly expect him back and whether he’ll be back to form. He’s the key to their defense, and they don’t have a ton of depth with their big men currently."

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #467 on: October 18, 2022, 10:40:31 AM »
I know the Celtics lost Udoka but if Williams gets healthy I think they clearly have the best roster in the East.  They have a huge perimeter advantage with 4-5 guys that can score and two that are elite scorers. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #468 on: October 18, 2022, 11:48:31 AM »
Any team with James Harden isn’t a serious contender

Any team with Kevin Durant isn’t a serious contender

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #469 on: October 18, 2022, 12:07:46 PM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #471 on: October 18, 2022, 12:55:40 PM »
I know the Celtics lost Udoka but if Williams gets healthy I think they clearly have the best roster in the East.  They have a huge perimeter advantage with 4-5 guys that can score and two that are elite scorers.

Once Middleton is healthy, and assuming no other serious injuries, the Bucks have the best "championship-type" lineup in the entire league, not to mention the experience of having actually done it. The Celtics have plenty of question marks, too.

If I had to pick the 2023 champions right now, it would be the Bucks.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #472 on: October 18, 2022, 01:04:44 PM »
Dat pretty much guarantees dale suck, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #473 on: October 18, 2022, 01:09:18 PM »
Dat pretty much guarantees dale suck, aina?

I’d peddle Giannis for Sam

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #474 on: October 18, 2022, 01:42:21 PM »
Once Middleton is healthy, and assuming no other serious injuries, the Bucks have the best "championship-type" lineup in the entire league, not to mention the experience of having actually done it. The Celtics have plenty of question marks, too.

If I had to pick the 2023 champions right now, it would be the Bucks.

And most people would agree with that but which roster is better?  I think it's clearly the Celtics if R  Williams is healthy.  They have Tatum, Brown, Brogdan, Smart, White, and maybe Gallanari comes back.  Inside they still have Horford and Grant Williams.  Lopez will be a year older.  I think it's a significant advantage when you have 4 guys minimum that can score not to mention Tatum and Brown may both be better this year. I just feel the Bucks' top 3 have to be great all series in this match-up if everyone is healthy.  The Celtics are also better overall defensively based on last season.   Now it is conceivable Giannis just wrecks everyone in his path but that's a lot to ask against a complete roster.