[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 146173 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2022, 05:39:14 PM »
He was a bad 3 pt. shooter.

I said he was just a guy. In other words a 12-14 Pt and 6-7 rebound guy. A decent enough player, but certainly not great.

Jae Crowder has been a better scorer in his career per 36 min. than Wallace. And while Jae should be in the MU HoF, I doubt he will ever get a single vote for the Basketball Hall of Fame. That is what I mean by 'just a guy'. A good player who is not special.

I certainly did not call him a replacement level player.

He averaged 14.4 and 6.7 for his career.  And that includes a number of declining years on the end of his career.  Thats like summing up Gary Payton's career based on his time in Boston, Miami, and LA.

And "bad 3 pt shooter"?  Great, here we go with hyperbole again.  He was a career 34% 3pt shooter.  He shot around 36% for good chunks of his prime, in a very different NBA shooting era.  Guys with roughly 36% career 3P percentages include Kyle Lowery, Chris Paul and Eric Gordon, none of whom are "bad 3pt shooters".  He wasn't Peja Stojaković, but stop acting like he was some brick layer just cause you think he was a mediocre pro.

But you'll continue to cherry pick stats (choosing a guy who was never even a top 3 option on his team/playing lesser minutes in a complementary role to compare to a star/focal point of an offense) to die on this hill that nobody else resides on.  So enough to let it be

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2022, 05:39:34 PM »
Harold Baines.
I agree with this analysis
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2022, 05:48:03 PM »
He averaged 14.4 and 6.7 for his career.  And that includes a number of declining years on the end of his career.  Thats like summing up Gary Payton's career based on his time in Boston, Miami, and LA.

And "bad 3 pt shooter"?  Great, here we go with hyperbole again.  He was a career 34% 3pt shooter.  He shot around 36% for good chunks of his prime, in a very different NBA shooting era.  Guys with roughly 36% career 3P percentages include Kyle Lowery, Chris Paul and Eric Gordon, none of whom are "bad 3pt shooters".  He wasn't Peja Stojaković, but stop acting like he was some brick layer just cause you think he was a mediocre pro.

But you'll continue to cherry pick stats (choosing a guy who was never even a top 3 option on his team/playing lesser minutes in a complementary role to compare to a star/focal point of an offense) to die on this hill that nobody else resides on.  So enough to let it be

Exactly. Comparing Rasheed Wallace’s college stats to Justin Lewis’s, lol.

Throwing out points per 36 to current players. How many team points were being scored then vs. now?

Some really bad takes and then some goalpost shifting. It’s fun.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2022, 09:22:16 PM »
Look, Wallace was a good player. Could even call him a very good bordering on great player during his prime.

But what set Jockey off was Iguodala comparing him to Giannis, who will be a first-ballot HoFer and could end up being a top-25 all-time player.

So Jockey is probably over the top in his criticism of Wallace ... but he's just some anonymous interwebs guy. A respected NBA pro actually thought comparing Sheed favorably to Giannis was a great take. Iggy deserves criticism for a dopey-arse take.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2022, 09:32:47 PM »
Exactly. Comparing Rasheed Wallace’s college stats to Justin Lewis’s, lol.

Throwing out points per 36 to current players. How many team points were being scored then vs. now?

Some really bad takes and then some goalpost shifting. It’s fun.

Wondering what was taking so long for you to pipe in with your 'take'.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2022, 09:37:56 PM »
Sheed probably fits the modern NBA better than when he played.  That said, he lacks what makes Giannis so special and that’s the extra drive the great ones have. 

His biggest enemy was always himself.  Great talent, great player, great career but always felt like he could have been more
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2022, 09:42:57 PM »
Look, Wallace was a good player. Could even call him a very good bordering on great player during his prime.

But what set Jockey off was Iguodala comparing him to Giannis, who will be a first-ballot HoFer and could end up being a top-25 all-time player.

So Jockey is probably over the top in his criticism of Wallace ... but he's just some anonymous interwebs guy. A respected NBA pro actually thought comparing Sheed favorably to Giannis was a great take. Iggy deserves criticism for a dopey-arse take.

Which I literally said. "My hyperbole was a lot less than Iguadala’s hyperbole."

None of these resident geniuses took issue with Iguadala's statement which says a lot except for maybe Wags (i'm too lazy to scroll back).

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2022, 04:12:13 AM »

Thanks
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2022, 05:57:31 AM »

Great, lemme go argue with Iguodala on a message board about his poor take.

I think everyone identified the mistake both guys made, but no one is trying to litigate how dumb Iguodala's was.

A very simple, "I guess I didn't know enough about Rasheed Wallace's career" probably would have ended this about 20 posts ago.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2022, 07:30:59 AM »

I think everyone identified the mistake both guys made, but no one is trying to litigate how dumb Iguodala's was.

A very simple, "I guess I didn't know enough about Rasheed Wallace's career" probably would have ended this about 20 posts ago.

So no one "litigated" how dumb Iguodala’s take was because you said so?  I "litigated it" before MU 82 and it led to a discussion of how good Rasheed Wallace was in his era and how stupid Iggy's comments were.  You're lecturing for no reason and adding a post to a thread which you claim should have been terminated.  I find this a little bizarre. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2022, 07:34:49 AM »
So no one "litigated" how dumb Iguodala’s take was because you said so?  I "litigated it" before MU 82 and it led to a discussion of how good Rasheed Wallace was in his era and how stupid Iggy's comments were.  You're lecturing for no reason and adding a post to a thread which you claim should have been terminated.  I find this a little bizarre.

You're misunderstanding.  No one disagreed around here when Iguodala was called an idiot.

People disagreed when Rasheed Wallace was called 'just a guy'.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2022, 07:48:23 AM »
You're misunderstanding.  No one disagreed around here when Iguodala was called an idiot.

People disagreed when Rasheed Wallace was called 'just a guy'.

Yes.  But Jockey admitted he was being hyperbolic to amplify his point.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2022, 07:53:28 AM »

::) ::) ::)  Sure.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2022, 07:53:57 AM »

That's what people do instead of saying they made a mistake.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2022, 07:59:14 AM »
That's what people do instead of saying they made a mistake.

Everyone makes mistakes.  I think he was trying to be hyperbolic but the execution could have fallen a bit flat.  Clearly Wallace was a solid player. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2022, 08:07:51 AM »
Everyone makes mistakes.  I think he was trying to be hyperbolic but the execution could have fallen a bit flat.  Clearly Wallace was a solid player.

Right, and I don't care that he made a mistake.  At all.  I make them all the time. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2022, 09:08:23 AM »
Damn, I love Scoop.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2022, 12:52:00 PM »

This post is why hyperbole is such a fun tool.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2022, 01:15:57 PM »

Got it, so the next time I'm clearly wrong I'll just say, "I was being hyperbolic!" and you'll just have to accept it.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2022, 01:39:20 PM »
Right, and I don't care that he made a mistake.  At all.  I make them all the time.
Your latest being spending time trying to convince Jockey to admit he was clueless about Rasheed Wallace.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2022, 01:53:12 PM »
Your latest being spending time trying to convince Jockey to admit he was clueless about Rasheed Wallace.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #171 on: July 15, 2022, 02:18:16 PM »

But you don't understand, someone was wrong on the internet.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #172 on: July 15, 2022, 02:45:09 PM »
But you don't understand, someone was wrongbeing hyperbolic on the internet.
FIFY

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2022, 04:47:26 PM »
I know he's an amusing story, but I'm shocked the Tacko Fall experiment is still going on in Summer League.  He's now in his late 20s, still has zero agility or quickness, and his offense hasn't gotten even remotely better.  If he holds the ball for more than a second below his shoulders, its immediately swiped away.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2022, 12:04:40 PM »

Hyperbole is the greatest thing in the history of the universe!