[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Colleges with the most school spirit  (Read 12021 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Have some patience, FFS.

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: Colleges with the most school spirit
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »
PRINCETON REVIEW RANKS MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY NUMBER 12  IN USA!!*

*rankings based on packing their stadium and answering question: "How popular are intercollegiate sports at your school?"

(Please prepare 100 Banners, for use in HS's "College Nights")
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 02:33:55 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Coleman

• All American

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 03:02:27 PM »
ND sucks

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 03:09:27 PM »
All rankings are suspect, except our own.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 03:18:10 PM »
PRINCETON REVIEW RANKS MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY NUMBER 12  IN USA!!*

*rankings based on packing their stadium and answering question: "How popular are intercollegiate sports at your school?"

(Please prepare 100 Banners, for use in HS's "College Nights")

Boom. Banner should also once again read "Beat Duke"
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 03:42:49 PM »
This should help recruiting

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 03:45:10 PM »
Marquette in at #12. Our fans are ranked higher than most of our sports teams.

Suck it, haters.

http://www.businessinsider.com/colleges-with-the-most-school-spirit-2016-9/#20-university-of-louisville--cardinal-pride-is-universal-at-louisville-students-from-all-corners-of-campus-come-together-to-support-their-student-athletes-1

#2 WVU....."(There's nothing like) singing COUNTRY ROADS with 50,000 of your closest friends (and one of your hillbilly frenemies)!!"
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »
Sorry, I don't know how to post links, but I cut and pasted some exerpts from a similar story I found online:

The 20 colleges with the best message boards
There's a number of ways students and alumni can show pride in their school, but nothing shows school spirit quite like their team’s message board.
Whether it's for a basketball, football, or a smaller niche sport, students celebrate their schools by making grandiose predictions, analyzing recruits, critiquing rivals and providing common-sense advice to the coaching staff. They start chats long before the games start and dwell on the ups and downs of the game far longer than the average fan.
Keep reading for the 20 message boards with the most school spirit:
1)   West Virginia University BlueGoldNews.com on Scout  -  Mountaineers love BGN for its balance of academics and athletics. One student describes it: "There’s nothing like singing 'Country Roads,' playing the Banjo, and spending time on BGN."
11)  Dayton University UDPride –Dayton fans have a top-flight message board, and use it to provide accurate, thought provoking insight into their Team’s and Conference’s hierarchy among the national collegiate elite.
19)   University of Wisconsin Buckyville – Self-proclaimed elite message board in the state.  Unusual fascination with in-state rivals.
On the Bubble:
2)    Marquette University Scope – Insightful posters, pertinent topics, lightly moderated, but an unusual fascination with chili, sweatervests and various forms of poetry that do not rhyme.  They also tend to ban high-volume posters with strong basketball skills and coaching wisdom.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 09:10:11 PM by Archies Bat »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 05:22:59 PM »
2)    Marquette University Scope – Insightful posters, pertinent topics, lightly moderated, but an unusual fascination with chili, right and various forms of poetry.  The also tend to ban high-volume posters with strong basketball skills and coaching wisdom.

Where can I find MU Scope?  Sounds delightful  ;D

I can buy in to whomever came up with this article - they've spent enough time here to drop an entire region of entrants in the Meme Tournament all in one brief tidbit. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 05:29:41 PM »
I want nothing to do with anything called MU Scope.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 07:27:07 PM »
I don't mind the ranking and the decent pub and all, but probably about as accurate as who the biggest party schools are or the most physically fit cities, etc...
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
On the Bubble:
2)    Marquette University Scope – Insightful posters, pertinent topics, lightly moderated, but an unusual fascination with chili, sweatervests and various forms of poetry that does not rhyme.  The also tend to ban high-volume posters with strong basketball skills and coaching wisdom.

My back friggin hurts.  Would some posters please step their games up and help me to get Scoop off the bubble?  I'm tired of having to do all the GD heavy lifting myself around here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »
My back friggin hurts.  Would some posters please step their games up and help me to get Scoop off the bubble?  I'm tired of having to do all the GD heavy lifting myself around here.

;D

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 08:52:22 PM »
Who has a fascination with chili?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 08:55:07 PM »
I don't mind the ranking and the decent pub and all, but probably about as accurate as who the biggest party schools are or the most physically fit cities, etc...

Those party rankings are gospel
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 05:25:19 AM »
Sorry, I don't know how to post links, but I cut and pasted some exerpts from a similar story I found online:

The 20 colleges with the best message boards
There's a number of ways students and alumni can show pride in their school, but nothing shows school spirit quite like their team’s message board.
Whether it's for a basketball, football, or a smaller niche sport, students celebrate their schools by making grandiose predictions, analyzing recruits, critiquing rivals and providing common-sense advice to the coaching staff. They start chats long before the games start and dwell on the ups and downs of the game far longer than the average fan.
Keep reading for the 20 message boards with the most school spirit:
1)   West Virginia University BlueGoldNews.com on Scout  -  Mountaineers love BGN for its balance of academics and athletics. One student describes it: "There’s nothing like singing 'Country Roads,' playing the Banjo, and spending time on BGN."
11)  Dayton University UDPride –Dayton fans have a top-flight message board, and use it to provide accurate, thought provoking insight into their Team’s and Conference’s hierarchy among the national collegiate elite.
19)   University of Wisconsin Buckyville – Self-proclaimed elite message board in the state.  Unusual fascination with in-state rivals.
On the Bubble:
2)    Marquette University Scope – Insightful posters, pertinent topics, lightly moderated, but an unusual fascination with chili, sweatervests and various forms of poetry that do not rhyme.  They also tend to ban high-volume posters with strong basketball skills and coaching wisdom.

awewsome!

Kudo's to UDPride for maintaining even though they have cutoff new registrations.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 05:56:56 AM »
Scope is an also ran?    Clearly, the moderators aren't very good motivators or in-thread coaches.   The talent is here, they are just using it wrong.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 07:05:58 AM »
We only start the easy threads.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 07:13:29 AM »
I think a poster in the past has compared Scope to jazz and I tend to agree. 

Creative | Improvising | Impulsive | Feeding off each other to create something great - like Lincoln Center on a Saturday night. 

That's like 5% of the time - the other 95% is more like your local Jazz club where a bunch of 'musicians' coming off their day job play the same damn notes over and over again making every song & solo sound the same.  Usually you are forced to pound your drink and head home just after the music starts.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 07:20:26 AM »
Where can I find MU Scope?  Sounds delightful  ;D

I can buy in to whomever came up with this article - they've spent enough time here to drop an entire region of entrants in the Meme Tournament all in one brief tidbit.

Scopes monkey trial?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 07:24:42 AM »
Ners was a mod on his high school message board.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 09:05:34 AM »
Ners was a mod on his high school message board.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
I notice they photoshopped in "The Lone Brother" into the UW Madison picture

Death on call

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 10:30:27 AM »
Scope is an also ran?    Clearly, the moderators aren't very good motivators or in-thread coaches.   The talent is here, they are just using it wrong.   

But Great Recruiters.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust