Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 3 Big announcements today  (Read 11956 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: 3 Big announcements today
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2010, 05:39:57 PM »
Marquette and Milwaukee aren't Baylor and Waco....trust me on this one.....polar opposites in fact.

+1 - There is NO comparison.  There is a lot more to sell with the MU program alone just based on tradition, player development, etc...but then when you extrapolate to the locations - MKE and Waco - hands down MU wins...MKE at least has an NBA team, where players come play against the MU kids in the off season..can't touch that at Baylor...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2010, 06:18:18 PM »
+1 - There is NO comparison.  There is a lot more to sell with the MU program alone just based on tradition, player development, etc...but then when you extrapolate to the locations - MKE and Waco - hands down MU wins...MKE at least has an NBA team, where players come play against the MU kids in the off season..can't touch that at Baylor...

Sorry guys, doesn't mean a hill of beans.  Student athletes pick different schools for different reasons.  Why is a program in Spokane, Washington doing better than most places in the country?  Madison has a better campus than Marquette (than again, Madison isn't as diverse as MU so maybe that plays into it)...etc, etc.  Some kids want a more urban setting with internship opportunities, the big city, major league sports....some want to be in the middle of a cow pasture and others stuck up in the mountains and 4 hours from the nearest major airport.

It doesn't matter to anyone except for the kids and where THEY choose to go to school.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2010, 06:23:28 PM »
They finally joined the enlightened age in 1996 when the formally allowed on campus dancing .....like I said VERY conservative place....world's largest Baptist university.....

http://www.baylor.edu/pr/news.php?action=story&story=1052

.......and BTW, the Southern Baptists really do believe that we Catholics are heathens....we pray to false idols......a few years back at their annual convention their leader gave its members their mission for the year..... conversion of the Jews....I am NOT making this up....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »
Here's the problem.    The same allegation and innuendo that we are tossing out against Baylor is the the same stuff being tossed at us from buckyville, the spartan scout board, and chicos contacts.    Be careful where you point. 

The MSU boards insisted they were out of the Dawson sweepstakes because he had his hand out and the Spartans weren't the type of program to fill it. They insinuated Marquette was. Now that he's chosen MSU either a) he didn't have his hand out or b) MSU outbid us. So far the "insiders" on the Michigan St board haven't decided which.