[Today at 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Online MU B-Ball Schedule on Steroids  (Read 11254 times)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Online MU B-Ball Schedule on Steroids
« on: November 01, 2006, 10:53:48 AM »
I've been working on putting up a team schedule on this site.  I am still working on it a bit but it's at a point where I can make it visible to all of you (considering the fact that our first "game" is 4 days away).

You may see it at: http://www.muscoop.com/mu.htm

I currently have it as a separate page altogether but I may be looking to somehow integrate it into this board as an article at some point.  Then again, I am also considering implementing a "drill-down" feature where you can click into it to find game stats, season stats, etc.

I will be updating it as the season goes on to add things such as current record, rpi, game results, etc.

Please let me know what you think of this.  As it is a work in progress there may be errors - please definitely point those out to me so I can fix them.

Thanks!
spiral97
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
Re: Online MU B-Ball Schedule on Steroids
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:01:41 AM »
I likey....

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 11:04:41 AM »
Hmm.. I never know what to think about replying to ones own post directly.. kind of gives off the "talks to oneself" aura.. but neverminding that..

one thing that comes out by looking at the schedule is that we COULD play 42 games (assuming we at least take second place in every tournament we play in, are invited to the big east conference tournament as a low seed and are invited to the NCAA tournament as the 65th team).  Best record I think we could hope to acheive though would be 40-0.  WOW.. that just seems absurd (but not TOO absurd  ;D).
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 11:13:44 AM »
Best record I think we could hope to achieve though would be 40-0.  WOW.. that just seems absurd (but not TOO absurd  ;D).

The schedule is super cool.  We'll talk more about integrating it (not a matter of if, just how).  Just stop this 40-0 talk right now though!  That's an expectation sure to lead to disappointment!

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 11:37:10 AM »
Any way we can link to the game previews?  I know Cracked Sidewalks did some excellent game previews last year.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »
Maybe spiral can do that with the schedule - though it's a moving target. Watch the box that currently says "Ticket Sales" - that will change to include links to previews of the "next" game, as well as relevant stats for that game.

Also, we should have some of our own game preview as well, those will show up in the "Articles" box on the left, and be features on the front "home' page.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 12:01:04 PM »
Is that a pivot table????  :-\
But I like to throw handfuls...

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 02:46:12 PM »
Spiral - Thanks for the work you put into that.  One interesting thing would be to track the oponent's RPI at the time we played them in one column and keep another column updated as it changes.

thisists

• Starter
  • brew city bred
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 06:22:10 PM »
what about our team's record against each opponent as another column?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 07:23:27 PM »
Excellent work, spiral. 

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 08:23:08 PM »
Spiral - Thanks for the work you put into that.  One interesting thing would be to track the oponent's RPI at the time we played them in one column and keep another column updated as it changes.

Good idea!  I'll try to do that!

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 08:24:02 PM »

You mean lifetime?  Hmm.. interesting idea.. will look into that!

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 08:26:46 PM »
Any way we can link to the game previews?  I know Cracked Sidewalks did some excellent game previews last year.

Excellent idea... just need to be notified about the game preview when it becomes available and I can easily update this to include a link to that preview (or a list of previews).  Was thinking that after a game is done, perhaps I can link to a page with pictures that enterprising MUScoopers took and uploaded of the game in question?

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 09:35:28 AM »

So I was checking into this.. not really finding any info sources.. can anyone point me to where I can find these stats?
I found Crean's lifetime record against these teams but not MU's...
BTW, the source for Crean's is on page 3 of the 2006-2007 prospectus posted on MU's athletic site:  http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/06-07MBBProspectus.pdf

I generally like to read this before every game - it is stuffed FULL of information and statistics about each team - a great numbers oriented game preview (but it won't replace previews that take the intangibles into account).

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
Import into Outlook
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 10:16:57 AM »
I found an additional resource for MU's schedule .. you can import it into your Outlook calendar.  Download, unzip, and import into Outlook.

http://www.muscoop.com/uploads/MU2006-07Schedule_v5.zip

EDIT:  Version 5 has been released. 

If you've already imported this file, you can do it again .. just make sure you select "Replace Duplicates with Items Imported" .. and old items will be replaced with new.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 10:29:03 AM by mu_hilltopper »

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 10:30:22 AM »
Sweet!  Includes birthdays and everything! LOL

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Import into Outlook
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 02:40:58 PM »
I found an additional resource for MU's schedule .. you can import it into your Outlook calendar.  Download, unzip, and import into Outlook.

Cool.  I think I'm going to enable the MUScoop calendar and add all these dates to it.  That way people will always have a an on-line reference right here.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 02:46:11 PM »
Someone's already done something like that, Rock:  http://www.airset.com/webserve.jsp?id=5727

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 05:50:23 PM »
darn.. I had a google calendar about halfway done and was gonna make it public and post it.. oh well!

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 02:38:14 PM »

So I was checking into this.. not really finding any info sources.. can anyone point me to where I can find these stats?
I found Crean's lifetime record against these teams but not MU's...
BTW, the source for Crean's is on page 3 of the 2006-2007 prospectus posted on MU's athletic site:  http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/06-07MBBProspectus.pdf

I generally like to read this before every game - it is stuffed FULL of information and statistics about each team - a great numbers oriented game preview (but it won't replace previews that take the intangibles into account).

If you want all time records against each team, they're in the media guide.  Here's a link to last years.  Look at the last page:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/mbb_05_94-108.pdf

Obviously, it would need to be updated to include last year's results.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 07:16:08 PM »
FYI - I have updated this page http://www.muscoop.com/mu.htm to include columns for this seasons details.  Note also that home games now appear bolded.
I also added all-time record where known.  Please feel free to PM me with any records that are listed as unknown.
Also some slight rearrangement of the columns for organizations sake.

Comments welcome!

MUScoop

• Administrator
  • Walk-On
    • MUScoop - Marquette Basketball and Sports Supersite
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 11:17:54 PM »
Looks like this is a good permanent addition.  I've removed the sticky on this post and added a link on the Resources menu as "Super Schedule". 

PM spiral97 if you have additional comments or corrections...

feedback