[Today at 08:09:02 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Carton is #1 on my wish list  (Read 11267 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Carton is #1 on my wish list
« on: March 28, 2021, 11:57:54 AM »
The kid has a tremendous ceiling but I honestly believe he would be well served playing another year of college hoops.  The jumper and overall comfort as a playmaker are areas he can vastly improve.  I think he was somewhat hampered because we didn't have a 2nd ball handler but we are talking about an explosive NBA talent athlete.  To maximize his skills there are some additional areas that I would focus on to reach the promised land.

1)  Become a dominant on the ball defender in the DJ mode.  He's absolutely quick and strong enough to cause extreme havoc, create turns, and get us easier buckets in transition.  And we know in the open floor with space the results are high flying and thunderous throw downs.  I'm guessing his vert is in the 38 range?

2)  Be quick but don't hurry.  In other words patience and using more change of pace n lieu of Speedy Gonzales with the rock.  Once DJ gets into the paint I think he can be much more effective slowing down and simply positioning himself to elevate and score or playmaking by surveying the entire floor.

3)  Get more comfortable in the high pick and roll.  We have all talked about him improving his shot but the two man game with Garcia could be prime-time with a little seasoning.

4)  Leadership on the floor.  This I believe starts at the defensive end.  We also saw flashes of DJ taking over games, I think he's capable of doing this on the college level with much more consistency.

5)  Better shot-slection/decision making in the h-court.  I am hoping a Skaka led MU team will be able to get out and go which would best suit Carton's game.  At the same time I do believe he is creative and athletic enough to get quality shots vs one on one coverage.

*Side Note:  I've stated a number of times that DJ has what I call "Zoomability".  But he also possesses "Hoppability" which can be a devastating combination.  Once you converge these skills, add the change of pace dribble, patience, and can confidently get to the sweet spots on the floor, the level of effectiveness become elite. 

I am hoping and hopeful that DJ is back in MU gear, leads us to the beginning of greatness in Milwaukee, and takes one personal step closer to his NBA dreams.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 12:02:47 PM by MuggsyB »

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Carton is #1 on my wish list
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 12:03:16 PM »
Has potential with good coachin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 12:06:36 PM »
He is the guy I want to keep the most. IMO, he is the best returning player and still has a lot of upside. Again, he is #1 on my list.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 12:07:42 PM »
Has potential with good coachin', hey?

I do think this will make an enormous difference. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 12:11:44 PM »
As the head coach, its hard to comprehend how utterly incompetent Woj was in so many facets of the game. Who was responsible for many the hire on this dude, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

onepost

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 12:15:16 PM »
DJ now follows Shaka on twitter, retweeted the @MarquetteMBB tweet welcoming Shaka, and Instagram "Story'd" the Welcome to MU Shaka posts.  So the feeling is he was a big fan of the hire.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 12:26:01 PM »
Feeling good about DJ and Lewis staying. Garcia I'm less confident about but think he ends up staying.

Keep all 3 and there is enough between shaka recruits,  MU recruits,  MUs returning roster,  and the transfer portal that Shaka should be able to put a winning roster together.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 12:33:04 PM »
I’ve said it before, but I think the talent already on the team is easily Top 25 talent. The problem is, last year, they played with no semblance of congelation.

If the Big 3 stay, the team is toughened up on defense, and the team actually plays as a team on offense (i.e. balanced scoring, decreased turnovers, solid set plays), I predict that next year we will achieve better results than any year during the Wojo era.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 12:33:08 PM »
The kid has a tremendous ceiling but I honestly believe he would be well served playing another year of college hoops.  The jumper and overall comfort as a playmaker are areas he can vastly improve.  I think he was somewhat hampered because we didn't have a 2nd ball handler but we are talking about an explosive NBA talent athlete.  To maximize his skills there are some additional areas that I would focus on to reach the promised land.

I hope Carton comes back as he could become a really good player for us.

As far as NBA? I don't see it yet. The one thing he has is elite athleticism. But I see a lot of ???? in his game if he wants to get to the NBA.

He has a very loose handle. Not a great passer or playmaker and is turnover prone. His shot is not NBA ready - he has a low release point which will make shooting tough over 6'4" guys who know how to play 'D'. Not a good defender.

He can improve in all these areas, but he has work to do. His game is more like a combo guard, but he doesn't have the size to play the '2' in the NBA.

I invite replies to tell me where i am wrong.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 12:53:21 PM »
I would love to see DJ in Shaka’s defense. We seemed at our best when playing aggressively up top.

Even though Shaka went away from Havoc, did he pressure guards? I know he focused more on efg% rather than turnovers.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 01:06:38 PM »
I’ve said it before, but I think the talent already on the team is easily Top 25 talent. The problem is, last year, they played with no semblance of congelation.

If the Big 3 stay, the team is toughened up on defense, and the team actually plays as a team on offense (i.e. balanced scoring, decreased turnovers, solid set plays), I predict that next year we will achieve better results than any year during the Wojo era.

Agree, but achieving better results than any year during the Wojo era isn’t really saying all that much. I’d be very excited to watch the Big3 along with some of Shakas guys next year. It would be a fun team.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 01:09:21 PM »
Guys like Mitchell and Elliott wont be on the roster with Bates and Ellis.

If its a shaka back court, guard under Wojo other than Carton won't stay.

I think Shaka is gonna adjust the bigs more. Also I expect some of the UT recruits to stay and play for Beard if they hire him.
The only recruit I am sure Shaka will bring is Joplin. Need someone to fill in for Cain

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 01:21:18 PM »
I%u2019ve said it before, but I think the talent already on the team is easily Top 25 talent. The problem is, last year, they played with no semblance of congelation.

I think this is pretty accurate.  As for top 25 talent?  I'm not quite sure on that because we lacked a 2nd perimeter player  and Garcia and JLew were Frosh.  However, your overall point about zero semblance of cohesion is 100% spot-on.  You can add no defined roles, atrocious fundamentals on both ends of the floor, piss poor execution, hesitancy in general, and no discernible leadership of any capacity.  And with all that we still beat four tourney teams and could have easily had 17 wins.  There's no need to belabor on it but I don't think people realize how poorly coached this group was this year.  And no, it was not because of COVID.  Much better things are on the horizon imo.

PhillyWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2021, 01:30:46 PM »
DJ has amazing potential and is a world class athlete but needs to be more consistent.  Seems to wake up with < 8 minutes left in the game.  Very poor ball handling and too many turnovers.  Needs to take care of the ball and become a better floor leader

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2021, 01:45:06 PM »

As far as NBA? I don't see it yet. The one thing he has is elite athleticism. But I see a lot of ???? in his game if he wants to get to the NBA.

He has a very loose handle. Not a great passer or playmaker and is turnover prone. His shot is not NBA ready - he has a low release point which will make shooting tough over 6'4" guys who know how to play 'D'. Not a good defender.

He can improve in all these areas, but he has work to do. His game is more like a combo guard, but he doesn't have the size to play the '2' in the NBA.

I don't think you are wrong at all. But it doesn't matter what either of us think; athletes who are determined to go pro often do so even if they aren't projected as high draft picks and even if they need considerable work. So we'll see what happens with DJ.

I hope TAMU is right that DJ will come back, because with a full offseason program, good coaching and the natural maturing process that talented players often experience, I believe DJ not only will be our best player but has the potential to be first-team all-conference and even BE POY.

I agree about the potential of next season's team. Frankly, I thought we could improve a lot even had Wojo been retained. If our 3 top players return, our 2 top recruits stay committed, and a good transfer or three join up ... and with a significant upgrade in coaching and a full offseason program ... I absolutely can see us being a Top 25 team.

Good freshmen get better, often significantly better. They would have under Wojo, too. They really can under Shaka and his assistants.

I really, really hope that a month from now we're all talking about how Shaka will blend the players he brings in, as well as Mitchell and Aidoo, along with DJ, DG and JL.

Let's go! We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 02:05:32 PM »
If I had a pipe dream wish list I’d go with Baldwin- would be highest rated recruit since I became a fan.

Current player wish list I’d have Dawson Garcia #1, Justin #2, DJC #3.
Carton sticking around would be great, but I would like to see what Shaka can do with the talented bigs.

Now give me Patrick Baldwin Jr, Dawson Garcia, Justin Lewis, Joplin, and Aidoo in the front court and watch my mind explode.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 02:19:34 PM »

This is how you guys set your self up for disappointment. You keep overrating our talent.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 02:20:46 PM »
This is how you guys set your self up for disappointment. You keep overrating our talent.
I’d rather not preemptively set the bar low for myself and put myself in a position to accept mediocrity. 7 years can go by in the blink of an eye with that mindset.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 02:31:13 PM »
Top 25 talent? I don't think so.  NCAA tourney talent?  Absolutely
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2021, 02:36:41 PM »

Maybe. But Garcia was a burger boy, DJ was widely considered one of the top 2 transfers available and Lewis was top-100. So other dopes overrated it, too.

I'll gladly accept that next season.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2021, 02:41:17 PM »
If I had a pipe dream wish list I’d go with Baldwin- would be highest rated recruit since I became a fan.

Current player wish list I’d have Dawson Garcia #1, Justin #2, DJC #3.
Carton sticking around would be great, but I would like to see what Shaka can do with the talented bigs.

Now give me Patrick Baldwin Jr, Dawson Garcia, Justin Lewis, Joplin, and Aidoo in the front court and watch my mind explode.

Is there any inclination we are going after Baldwin?

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2021, 02:49:06 PM »
DJ Carton possesses ability but not much skill.  He's horrible at protecting the ball and is often a liability on the court with his questionable shot selection/decision making.  I will take a guard that's less athletic/explosive any day as long as he can protect/distribute the ball.  DJ is a long term project and is much more valuable as an off guard.  MU drastically needs perimeter players that can pass/dribble/penetrate.  DJ's play would improve dramatically if there's a PG that can break down the defense and distribute to a DJ Carton that slashes to the hoop or spots up and shoots off the pass.  He thinks too much and is hesitant.  Get someone who can take that pressure off of Carton and let Carton roam freely without the ball to create mismatches.   

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2021, 03:01:06 PM »

Nope. Only inclination is that he hasn’t picked a school yet and is said to be down to UWM to play for pops or NW.

Maybe we get a lightning bolt and Sr plus Jr both like the idea of one year under Shaka before the NBA

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2021, 03:06:20 PM »
Nope. Only inclination is that he hasn’t picked a school yet and is said to be down to UWM to play for pops or NW.

Maybe we get a lightning bolt and Sr plus Jr both like the idea of one year under Shaka before the NBA

This seems like a very sensible plan Doctor V. 

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2021, 03:49:02 PM »
Yeah...a kid who's dad coaches for a milwaukee based school goes to the other milwaukee school...

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2021, 03:52:57 PM »
As the head coach, its hard to comprehend how utterly incompetent Woj was in so many facets of the game. Who was responsible for many the hire on this dude, hey?

Wojo's inadequacies as a head coach are hateful. Hateful, I tell you.

I cannot see him being handed the tiller at any program hoping for genuine success in Div I. May he flourish in the smaller ponds and lower rungs of college basketball. He would be an ideal fit at a, say, for instance, DePaul.

Death on call

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2021, 03:56:09 PM »
Sigh... no one is better off staying in college rather then go to the NBA. If you have a very good chance of being drafted, go.

The NBA has better coaching, facilities, programs, and non of the bs ncaa rules limiting practice.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2021, 05:31:25 PM »
There are top 25 teams with much lower rated talent.

I have said this is a top 10 team next year given everyone returns and recruits all come. I was chastised by muatl or whatever the hell his name is. I dont think I was far off.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:05:17 PM by hairy worthen »

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2021, 05:55:53 PM »

Double time the post - talent was not the problem - roles and coaching seemed to be

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2021, 05:56:44 PM »

Just wondering...have not heard it before..is congelation a word?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Rascal2018

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2021, 06:04:56 PM »
DJ now follows Shaka on twitter, retweeted the @MarquetteMBB tweet welcoming Shaka, and Instagram "Story'd" the Welcome to MU Shaka posts.  So the feeling is he was a big fan of the hire.

Shaka  was the first coach to offer Garcia so there is some history between the two

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2021, 06:09:22 PM »
Just wondering...have not heard it before..is congelation a word?
Congelation (noun)

(1) the process or result of congealing

Congeal (verb)

(1) to change from a fluid to a solid state by or as if by cold

(2) to become congealed : SOLIDIFY

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2021, 07:59:27 PM »
We had a solid, promising top 30 freshman, a solid, promising top 100 freshman, and an inconsistent top 40 sophomore.  The rest of our players could be, at best, solid guys off the bench on quality high major teams.  I don't know where all this talent is that we think is on Marquette's roster.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2021, 08:04:13 PM »
We had a solid, promising top 30 freshman, a solid, promising top 100 freshman, and an inconsistent top 40 sophomore.  The rest of our players could be, at best, solid guys off the bench on quality high major teams.  I don't know where all this talent is that we think is on Marquette's roster.
Funny... before Wojo was fired weren’t you fear mongering their departure? Now you “don’t know where all this talent is that we think is on Marquette’s roster.”

Hard to have both those takes but OK.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2021, 08:14:02 PM »
Promising freshmen become solid sophomores and inconsistent sophomores become consistent juniors. Plus a top 25 recruiting class coming in if they all still come. That's a pretty good core and better than some top 25 teams.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2021, 08:22:00 PM »
Funny... before Wojo was fired weren’t you fear mongering their departure? Now you “don’t know where all this talent is that we think is on Marquette’s roster.”

Hard to have both those takes but OK.

No, I wasn't.  And I've said the same thing about the "talent" on this team the entire season.  But you have no rebuttal because in reality it's the truth, so you'll make something up that isn't there.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2021, 08:46:02 PM »

I have said this is a top 10 team next year given everyone returns and recruits all come. I was chastised by muatl or whatever the hell his name is. I dont think I was far off.
That was me. I still think you’re crazy.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2021, 08:50:44 PM »
That was me. I still think you’re crazy.
Hahahaha,  we shall see I guess.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2021, 09:01:05 PM »

How can you be a top 10 team when you don't have any ball handlers, the 3 point shooting is suspect, and you turnover the ball consistently?   Ohhh, and you don't have anyone that can create their own shot?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2021, 09:01:50 PM »

I didn't say top 10 for sure, but I thought we had a chance to be an NCAA team next season even if Wojo came back. Talented freshman (and DJ wasn't much more than a frosh) often become outstanding sophomores. You have three outstanding players on the court at the same time, surround them with solid, hard-working role players, and you have a team that can do something -- though I had become doubtful Wojo could get it out of them. Hopefully Shaka is a guy who can (after he gets 'em all to stay).

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2021, 02:09:47 AM »

They were a Karim Mane at the 2 guard away from top 25 talent.  It was and is still a huge hole in my opinion. 

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2021, 05:08:14 AM »

Agree that Carton is s very talented athlete but plays too sloppy and without passion at times, especially in the first half of games. He's a weak passer and must work on his passing. He should improve greatly with Shaka. He's not ready for the pro game yet but will be in a couple years.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2021, 09:37:23 AM »
They were a Karim Mane at the 2 guard away from top 25 talent.  It was and is still a huge hole in my opinion.

Just out of curiosity, I checked on Mane's stats in the G League this year.  4 for 41 from three thus far.  His 2pt% is decent, especially by comparison, but man, less than 10% from three is rough for a 2 guard. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2021, 09:45:48 AM »
Just out of curiosity, I checked on Mane's stats in the G League this year.  4 for 41 from three thus far.  His 2pt% is decent, especially by comparison, but man, less than 10% from three is rough for a 2 guard.
The ultimate green light? He would have fit right in.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2021, 10:00:09 AM »

The G League season is over and Karim Mane is back in the NBA playing with Orlando.  Getting about 10 minutes a game.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2021, 10:30:53 AM »
DJ reminds me a little bit of Vander in the sense that we've all seen moments that feel like NBA-caliber ability, but the total package is still a little rough around the edges. I agree with most of the others who think DJ isn't quite ready for the league yet, so I'd love to see him stay at MU a little longer to continue improving in some areas.

If Shaka can find a way to keep him in high gear more often, DJ could definitely make a big impact next year. Pair that with an assumed step forward from Lewis and Garcia, and MU could be pretty competitive in the Big East. I'd even feel pretty confident saying we'd be in the tournament too with all 3 getting a little bit better. Add in a big name transfer or two, and we could make some real noise in year 1 of the Shaka era. Should be a fun next few weeks keeping up with the roster moves.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2021, 11:38:04 AM »
It could just be my perception or bias as I don't have stats to back it up, but it appeared to me that DJ got better at looking to kick it out to a shooter or pass it when driving.  Not as much as I'd have liked for a point guard, and granted we were not hating threes much in the second half of the season.

My impression was that early on, DJ simply put up shots and basically never looked to kick it out.  I thought he was willing or looked for the pass more in the second half of the season.

in that respect DJ reminded me a bit of Dwight Buycks.  Dwight could get a decent shot or get a shot off at anytime due to his ability to contort and physically get a half way decent shot at anytime.  But Dwight didn't seem to get that getting a shot off, doesn't make it a good shot or was willing to take too many contested shots for my preference. 

But DJ seemed to get better, in my non-statistical eye test as the season went on.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2021, 12:49:41 PM »
so he needs more of that Downtown Freddie Brown game.  In that it was a good shot for no other reason then it was taken by him.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2021, 01:21:09 PM »
It could just be my perception or bias as I don't have stats to back it up, but it appeared to me that DJ got better at looking to kick it out to a shooter or pass it when driving.  Not as much as I'd have liked for a point guard, and granted we were not hating threes much in the second half of the season.

My impression was that early on, DJ simply put up shots and basically never looked to kick it out.  I thought he was willing or looked for the pass more in the second half of the season.

in that respect DJ reminded me a bit of Dwight Buycks.  Dwight could get a decent shot or get a shot off at anytime due to his ability to contort and physically get a half way decent shot at anytime.  But Dwight didn't seem to get that getting a shot off, doesn't make it a good shot or was willing to take too many contested shots for my preference. 

But DJ seemed to get better, in my non-statistical eye test as the season went on.

I think the Buycks comparison is spot on. Dwight was a baller - not a pure PG or a '2' guard. I see Carton as the same kind of player.

Buycks couldn't do what was necessary to stay in the NBA - be a pure PG. Hopefully, Shaka can help Carton become that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2021, 01:47:13 PM »
While Carton can do quite a few things Buycks did at Marquette, I don't recall ever seeing Buycks make the kind of super-athletic plays DJ did this past season, especially those amazing dunks after the fake DHOs. Wow!

I do get the comparison, though. Here's hoping that DJ realizes his potential while still at Marquette.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2021, 03:12:10 PM »

Talent ratings are often wrong. Buzz's recruits Williams and Jones were rated top 100 out of high school and they were not good players.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2021, 03:24:58 PM »
Talent ratings are often wrong. Buzz's recruits Williams and Jones were rated top 100 out of high school and they were not good players.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=61804.0

LOL literally one of the things that still make me laugh to think about. One of the main reasons I have come to value program fit over #rank next to a name when it comes to recruiting!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2021, 03:50:16 PM »
Carton is Shaka's #1 as well if you saw the presser, with DG and JL in that order.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2021, 03:54:46 PM »
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=61804.0

LOL literally one of the things that still make me laugh to think about. One of the main reasons I have come to value program fit over #rank next to a name when it comes to recruiting!

It's amazing when people on here see 4* or 5* attached to a player's name.  They often think they're game changers and automatic stars as soon as they enter the Fiserv.  Slow your roll people.... and take a look at all of the 4* that have flamed out before even hitting campus.  Even a 5* isn't a guarantee. 

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2021, 04:23:55 PM »
Absolutely true. But true both ways.

Will the team be top 10 next year, unlikely, but I like to dream big. Are they top 25ish hell yes they are.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2021, 04:37:04 PM »
Even a 5* isn't a guarantee.

Yep. Just ask Self (Grimes) and Wright (Quinerly).

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2021, 04:37:29 PM »
Yep. Just ask Self (Grimes) and Wright (Quinerly).

Best example is probably Cliff Alexander
Maigh Eo for Sam

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2021, 04:38:29 PM »
Absolutely true. But true both ways.

Will the team be top 10 next year, unlikely, but I like to dream big. Are they top 25ish hell yes they are.

Got a ways to go before we're top 25ish. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2021, 04:44:47 PM »
hairy

I am very confident that MU will field a very competitive team next season. With the current transfer rules I hope Shaka does not waste a day, let alone a season. There is no 5 year window for Shaka on grading his performance. He is a seasoned coach and great recruiter, the meter started today at 2:00pm for judging Shaka.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2021, 04:48:28 PM »
hairy

I am very confident that MU will field a very competitive team next season. With the current transfer rules I hope Shaka does not waste a day, let alone a season. There is no 5 year window for Shaka on grading his performance. He is a seasoned coach and great recruiter, the meter started today at 2:00pm for judging Shaka.

Agreed. The timeframe should be considerably lower than it would be for a former assistant.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2021, 04:52:02 PM »
hairy

Bingo

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2021, 05:32:03 PM »
hairy

Wow! Shaka seat is just not hot, Goose just cranked up the thermostat in his office. Out of the UT frying pan and into the MU fire.

We get it Goose. Like they say at NASA: failure is not an option.