[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Center is problem #1  (Read 11280 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Center is problem #1
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2019, 07:50:24 PM »
Come on man. You troll quite a bit. A lot of your posts are made with the intent to provoke. That’s fine but own it.

+1000...sorry MU82, but this is true...look at how many of your posts take "veiled" shots at me in particular...at least own up to it.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2019, 08:05:32 PM »
Come on man. You troll quite a bit. A lot of your posts are made with the intent to provoke. That’s fine but own it.

I admitted that I sometimes "throw out a silly/snide/sarcastic one-liner." I admit they might be 2-liners or 3-liners when I'm feeling especially goofy.

But I don't think I've left much doubt about my basic belief that Wojo has done a good job and that I think he will get us where we want/need to go.

Everything I said in the long post here is how I honestly feel.

+1000...sorry MU82, but this is true...look at how many of your posts take "veiled" shots at me in particular...at least own up to it.

I resent this, guru. Most of my shots at you aren't veiled at all!  8-)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2019, 09:23:09 PM »
someone said it earlier and i apologize for not giving them direct kudos, but wherever the post was...if theo improves from soph. to junior year as much as he did from freshman to soph., i'm real good with that. 

i think the refs are a little "hair pin trigger" with the whistle on theo.  he did start out the year flexing a little over guys just to send notice.  well the refs noticed and so did the coaches.  he did reel it in but the refs still have that old vision of him stuck in their heads. he gets more phantom fouls (including an unjust ejection) because refs are intimidated by his physique.  they need to make each call(or non-call) on their own merit irrespective of what he has done in his past unless it was something flagrant.

one stat this is difficult to measure, unlike rebounds and points is how many shots were changed and/or how many drives were prevented from even happening. 

theo(and ed) are MU's tough guys.  maurice lucas tough?  no f' ing way, but that's not fair.  they are 2019 tough guys.  ed has got to go STRONG to the hole and put the defender's arm through the hoop with his throw-downs.  theo's got to give the refs flowers before the game, then go out and kick some a$$

i think we will be ok at the 5.  would(will) be good to see ike press them for p.t.
don't...don't don't don't don't

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2019, 09:42:21 PM »
Looking ahead, we'll need to bring in another big man or two.

I think we'll be okay for 2019-20. But we may not have as much depth -- depending on whether Ike is healthy and ready to contribute, or if a grad transfer pops up. We've seen what happens when Theo and Ed both get into foul trouble. (We can't afford either of those guys to get injured, either.) Then we'll likely need to find someone who can contribute right away in the 2020 class once Ed moves on.

You almost can't have enough big men or point guards (good ball handlers in general) on the roster.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

tower912

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2019, 07:31:33 AM »
Wojo has been targeting 2020 bigs.    Dainja, Garcia.   I haven't given up on Ike.   Supposedly, before the Murray State game, he was participating in pre-game drills, closing out on shooters.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.