[Today at 06:34:41 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo's Assistants  (Read 11286 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Wojo's Assistants
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:42:08 AM »
Any thoughts? I admit, I have a lack of knowledge when it comes to the assistants around college bball. I would assume Wojo would look for some with a good deal of experience to place on his staff. I also wonder about him bringing anyone from Duke - Scheyer, maybe? I'm hearing Chew is likely to follow Buzz. Autry and Wainwright liekly won't be going to VA. I'm not sure anynoe from the old regime will stay though.

muhoops1

• All American
Re: Wojo's Assistants
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:31:27 AM »
I think the Final Four will give him an opportunity to interview potential candidates and begin to formulate a plan.  Although by the sounds of it he probably already has a team in mind.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 11:33:28 AM »
Any thoughts? I admit, I have a lack of knowledge when it comes to the assistants around college bball. I would assume Wojo would look for some with a good deal of experience to place on his staff. I also wonder about him bringing anyone from Duke - Scheyer, maybe? I'm hearing Chew is likely to follow Buzz. Autry and Wainwright liekly won't be going to VA. I'm not sure anynoe from the old regime will stay though.

For the love of god PLEASE not Scheyer. My least favorite basketball player of all time and it aint even close.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 11:34:39 AM »
For the love of god PLEASE not Scheyer. My least favorite basketball player of all time and it aint even close.

If you're looking for a Chicago presence it might not be a bad option.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 11:36:17 AM »

Oh, trust me. I know all about Scheyer...Had to watch him play against my dads team for 4 years...Never saw someone complain more then he did and never saw a person who thought he was more self-entitled. Man his tenure at GBN brings back some awful memories.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 11:38:54 AM »

Is Sheyer an assistant coach somewhere right now? If not, Im not sure a head coach with no head coaching experience should hire an assistant with no assisnat coaching experience.

Please. Make this all stop. This is the ultimate April Fool's joke, right? Right?

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 11:40:36 AM »

I work with Scheyer's grade school coach from The FAAM in Evanston so I'll talk with him today and see if he knows anything. They're still very close.
Bring back FFP!!!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »
Would you guys get on Twitter? Already all over that Scheyer is filling the spot opened up by Wojo leaving.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »
Would you guys get on Twitter? Already all over that Scheyer is filling the spot opened up by Wojo leaving.

Oh thank god. Crisis avoided. Also I cant stand twitter. Dont see the point.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »
I don't understand hating a coach because you hated him as a player  .. what's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »
I don't understand hating a coach because you hated him as a player  .. what's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

If you never interacted with Scheyer you wouldnt understand. GBN is one of the most unlikable teams in the state of Illinois along with Maine South. I just cant support him. Even if he was on MUs staff. Just one of those people.

john31

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 12:49:08 PM »
If you never interacted with Scheyer you wouldnt understand. GBN is one of the most unlikable teams in the state of Illinois along with Maine South. I just cant support him. Even if he was on MUs staff. Just one of those people.

Do you have a thing against success?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »
Do you have a thing against success?

Nope. Just arrogant pricks.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »
Is Sheyer an assistant coach somewhere right now? If not, Im not sure a head coach with no head coaching experience should hire an assistant with no assisnat coaching experience.

Please. Make this all stop. This is the ultimate April Fool's joke, right? Right?

Believe he has an operations position at dook...not an assistant

john31

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 12:53:08 PM »

How about gross and unfair generalizations?

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 12:54:38 PM »

Apparently the winningest college basketball coach in history sees something in the kid that you don't.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:56:11 PM by PistolPete »

nyg

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 12:55:54 PM »
As was reported on Twitter by Duke beat writer Laura Keeley, Scheyer will move into an assistant role.

Apparently the winningest college basketball coach in history sees something in the kid that you don't.

Nate James probably moves up to first assistant.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 12:56:11 PM »

Uh, sorry. I made the original post after wojo was announced, before the news about scheyer came out.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 12:57:23 PM »
How about gross and unfair generalizations?

How is that unfair? I have probably interacted with Scheyer more then any of you. As much as I hate to admit it he was a great player. But that doesnt change the fact that he wasnt a great person.

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »
How is that unfair? I have probably interacted with Scheyer more then any of you. As much as I hate to admit it he was a great player. But that doesnt change the fact that he wasnt a great person.

Who cares? Was Tom Crean a great person? How about Buzz?

'Just win baby'

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »

nope, da Bears are

john31

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 01:04:58 PM »

Just busting your chops a bit, I know many Maine South kids and none of the ones I know are arrogant, they work really hard to be successful, you have to when you are a small traditional. I am referring to sports, they do fine in the class room too.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 01:06:40 PM »

Just busting your chops a bit, I know many Maine South kids and none of the ones I know are arrogant, they work really hard to be successful, you have to when you are a small traditional. I am referring to sports, they do fine in the class room too.

Maine South just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially after this years regionals. Oh well besides the point. Wojo is the hire, not Scheyer.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 01:10:35 PM »
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:15:42 PM by mr.MUskie »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM »
Not sure where he could pull assistants from. I would love to see him retain Chew. I think Autry is gone. Wainwright is staying for now. Reynolds? Who knows?

Wojo will fill the positions with people he trust. Maybe the Coach K coaching tree can help us find some solid hires
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.