[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wow we really blew it!!!  (Read 11259 times)

MountainCreekHouse

• Starter
  • Danktatoes
Re: Wow we really blew it!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 09:01:27 AM »
Did IWB officially retract anything from what he said earlier? I didn't see anything on twitter.
Farva:"Give me six Schlitzes."
O'Hagan: "Take it easy, Rod."
Farva: "Open bar, dude!"

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 09:02:33 AM »

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 09:04:07 AM »
This is actually hysterical

Sad and pathetic are the 2 words that come to mind.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 09:05:10 AM »
Did IWB officially retract anything from what he said earlier? I didn't see anything on twitter.

Possibly, but you have to give him money to hear the excuse.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 09:08:25 AM »
Social Media has made it impossible to conduct a search like this in any orderly fashion. 

Like it or not, us internet board lurkers are the very people we are railing against right now.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 09:09:21 AM »
The only people who blew it were idiot outlets on television reporting the deal as done and as fact.
Nothing is blown. A little exposure by the media is not going to dictate a career decision by Shaka involving millions of dollars. I mean, come on. Let this play out.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2014, 09:11:51 AM »
KW

Actually I never said done deal. When signed contract announced it is done deal. I am quite confident that we will have the coach we want. Would appreciate it if you did not put words out there I did not say.

Been very careful in my wording because as a grown man things can happen during the process. Again, I remain confident.

Is that the coach "we" want or the coach MU wants?  Probable consensus on the board is Smart is the "we".  I am still behind you and your confidence, but the pessimism is starting to grow at a fever pitch.

If MU doesn't get Smart or Howland, I really feel for option #3.  That coach will be scrutinized to all ends because of all this Smart rumors and theories. It will be a woulda/coulda/shoulda blame show for a long time.  The true facts of this coaching search and who declined, who was offered, the money amounts, etc. will never be clarified and will only be speculation.  

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2014, 09:12:07 AM »
Nothing is blown. A little exposure by the media is not going to dictate a career decision by Shaka involving millions of dollars. I mean, come on. Let this play out.

Exactly. Let this play out.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 09:13:52 AM »
Can confirm.
This was the lead story today on Good Morning America, CNN, Fox & Friends and Despierta America!

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2014, 09:16:40 AM »
He doubled down on this big time.  I don't want to be overdramatic, but if he's off on this, it'll be hard for me to take him seriously moving forward.  If he's right....the exact opposite.

This is absolutely the case. IWB doubled down. He put it out there like gospel and it is looking possible that he may have prematurely ejaculated. The way he put out, he certainly did not leave any room for error. If wrong, I won't accept a "my source was wrong," because he claimed himself as the source.

Now, if this turns out false, his credibility is shot, or worse off, he will be blamed for sinking the deal with his over eagerness.

However, over the years, IWB has worked very diligently to gain reputation and credibility. I would be absolutely amazed if he blew it all in one careless remark. That is what keeps me optimistic about this whole scenario. I am not ready to lambast IWB, because I am not sure yet he was wrong.

Silence is golden and all comments so far have been up for interpretation. Let's see what happens. For Marquette's sake, and I suppose IWB's sake, I hope Shaka to Marquette still pans out.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 09:22:03 AM »
The nation could give a rat's rump about our coaching search. The nation has lots of other stuff to laugh about.

And no matter what happens, let's make this clear right now: The media didn't "cost" us anything. Shaka Smart is a savvy guy who has been through this many times. He is not about to hinge what could turn out to be the most important decision of his professional life on what was said by a bunch of internet folks and lame broadcasters with "sources."

Bobby Knight was, is and always will be an ass. And that was a different era. Nothing compares to it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2014, 09:40:06 AM »
Sad and pathetic are the 2 words that come to mind.

Come one, this guy has pulled the same thing on 6 or 7 other fan bases.... it's a pretty good schtick, and the Urkel gif was hilarious. Hopefully we have the last laugh!

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2014, 09:41:06 AM »
Never saw the movie, but yea that would be me.

Is that a good movie?
Great movie
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

feedback