Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024?  (Read 1063635 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 12/19/22????
« Reply #4100 on: December 27, 2022, 09:19:32 AM »
  just like a cat playing with it's food-you are so damn predictable!  i almost left a side "love" note in there to see how long it would take geeko to respond...2 minutes 2' 38 seconds??  you're slipping geeko-hard to type with your left hand while your right one is "busy"??

Who knew overexposure to laughing gas made one return to their 6th grade glory days with the sick burns?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4101 on: December 27, 2022, 09:37:06 AM »
Who knew overexposure to laughing gas made one return to their 6th grade glory days with the sick burns?

"sick burn"??  did that offend you blm dude?  i think you should be more offended by the fraud your organization and the people it purported to help are forgotten while you "privileged" folks sit by and virtue signal.  tell your boyfriend to grow up, cease and desist (if he can) and i'll try to get off the "laughing gas"
don't...don't don't don't don't

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #4102 on: December 27, 2022, 09:53:32 AM »
"sick burn"??  did that offend you blm dude?  i think you should be more offended by the fraud your organization and the people it purported to help are forgotten while you "privileged" folks sit by and virtue signal.  tell your boyfriend to grow up, cease and desist (if he can) and i'll try to get off the "laughing gas"

wut.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4103 on: December 27, 2022, 10:09:34 AM »
  just like a cat playing with it's food-you are so damn predictable!  i almost left a side "love" note in there to see how long it would take geeko to respond...2 minutes 2' 38 seconds??  you're slipping geeko-hard to type with your left hand while your right one is "busy"??

Is that what you’re thinking about?  I’m flattered.  DM me for personal details
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

panda

• All American
« Reply #4104 on: December 27, 2022, 10:19:49 AM »
Oso is averaging 31 mpg. He'd be fine playing 5 more. He's 20 years old. College games are filled with long time-outs -- there's one of them every 4 minutes and a long halftime, and that doesn't even count TOs that teams call and the ridiculously long ones in the final 2 minutes on every remotely questionable out-of-bounds call. In the last 2 minutes of a close game, players get far more rest than they do action. Oso will be fine.

There will be a few games in which being too small could hurt Marquette, but very few. I do share your concern about foul trouble; as you say, so far Oso has been outstanding at avoiding it.

I don’t think it’s that controversial to say a player playing 90% of his minutes available may experience general fatigue as the season wears on.

This isn’t a John dodds clown answer where he claims players hit different types of walls and injuries that coincidentally only happen immediately after losses or poor performances. Or if a team plays two games in a row and they lose, they’re automatically tired.

Players experience little injuries throughout the year and it slows them down a bit. Some more than others, but if you’re playing more minutes, you’re putting yourself out there for more of those knocks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4105 on: December 27, 2022, 10:28:35 AM »

Damn.  All in the matter of a couple posts you:

• Made jokes about masturbating
  • Called someone a geek
  • Thought it was cool to try to burn someone by insinuating they are gay
  • Went with the "All lives matter!" chant

Man, you're on a roll.  Not sure how I can ever show my face here again you burned me so bad.  You're right overall, though.  I shouldn't have said overexposure to laughing gas turns back the clocks to your 6th grade days.  There's not a 6th grader in the world that has less class than you.  You continue to do MU and the MU Dental School proud.  Can always count on you for being a classy dude.

Seriously, consider laying off the laughing gas.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 10:35:26 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #4106 on: December 27, 2022, 11:26:30 AM »
Top-4 in the Big East, single digit seed, which is what I wrote preseason. Just because you didn't recognize this was a good team doesn't mean no one saw this coming. This team is better than last year's team was, and the winning is more sustainable. All of which was visible in the preseason.

That's a guess.  It is far from a guarantee that they finish in the Top 3 in the standings.

They have talent, but the results have shown they will lose a lot of close games.  Tonight's going to be a close game, NYE is going to be a close game, and so on and so forth.
VIOLENCE!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4107 on: December 27, 2022, 11:33:34 AM »
That's a guess.  It is far from a guarantee that they finish in the Top 3 in the standings.

They have talent, but the results have shown they will lose a lot of close games.  Tonight's going to be a close game, NYE is going to be a close game, and so on and so forth.

He made a prediction. You make predictions too.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #4108 on: December 27, 2022, 11:37:35 AM »
He made a prediction. You make predictions too.

He responded to me saying "nobody has a grasp on how this team will finish" by saying Top 4, Single digit seed.

Seems to be a guarantee more than a prediction.
VIOLENCE!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #4109 on: December 27, 2022, 11:40:56 AM »
Of all the threads on scoop, this one may be the most miserable one to trudge though.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4110 on: December 27, 2022, 11:46:42 AM »
He responded to me saying "nobody has a grasp on how this team will finish" by saying Top 4, Single digit seed.

Nope
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GoldenEagles03

• All American
VIOLENCE!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4112 on: December 27, 2022, 12:35:23 PM »
LOL
Goal is National Championship

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #4113 on: December 27, 2022, 02:57:15 PM »
This is messed up...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4114 on: December 27, 2022, 04:00:33 PM »
I’m fairness, a week ago your answer was top 2 in the Big East so that’s already changed.

I think we'll finish top-2. But I was responding to GE's "nobody has a grasp" because I wrote exactly that in the preseason.

"...there's no reason they can't be a top-4 Big East team and in the mix for a safe single-digit seed."

https://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2022/11/marquette-preview-2022-23.html?m=1
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4115 on: December 27, 2022, 04:07:12 PM »

Call it what you want. A number of us have been far more bullish on this team and thus far the numbers all indicate we were right.

Whether it's the 40+ spot kenpom improvement in 2 months, the top-15 spot in unbiased T-Rank, or whatever other metric you like, the bullish side of Scoop has been right and you've been wrong.

Again, just because you didn't see this coming doesn't mean no one saw this coming.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #4116 on: December 27, 2022, 04:51:52 PM »

Tonight will not be a close game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4117 on: December 27, 2022, 05:11:47 PM »
Of all the threads on scoop, this one may be the most miserable one to trudge though.

YOU’RE miserable to trudge through!

Got ya there, didn’t I?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4118 on: December 27, 2022, 05:45:33 PM »
Tonight will not be a close game.
Yes, we will lose by double digits...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4119 on: December 27, 2022, 06:15:22 PM »
Yes, we will lose by double digits...

No, tonight Marquette wins easy and GoldenEagles03 worries it was too easy and will hurt them in the long run

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4120 on: December 27, 2022, 06:47:05 PM »
No, tonight Marquette wins easy and GoldenEagles03 worries it was too easy and will hurt them in the long run
Depth will kill MU

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4121 on: December 27, 2022, 07:08:08 PM »

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #4122 on: December 27, 2022, 08:43:24 PM »
GoldenEagles03 better act fast to register a username on Utah Tech’s bball message board. Those servers will be overloaded once the Wojo hire is announced.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #4123 on: December 28, 2022, 12:35:22 AM »
Call it what you want. A number of us have been far more bullish on this team and thus far the numbers all indicate we were right.

Whether it's the 40+ spot kenpom improvement in 2 months, the top-15 spot in unbiased T-Rank, or whatever other metric you like, the bullish side of Scoop has been right and you've been wrong.

Again, just because you didn't see this coming doesn't mean no one saw this coming.

That's not really what I was getting at.  When I say have a grasp, I mean, none of us know where this team will finish.  It's clear that they have some great things going but a lot would still have to go right for them to finish Top 2.  To finish Top 2, games like the one at Providence will have to end up being wins the rest of the way.  I'm excited but also cautiously optimistic is all.

These next 2 games are pretty big in that a Top 2 team typically has a fair amount of wins against quality opponents on the road. After already dropping Providence, Nova and St. John's road wins could really separate them from some others who feel they could finish Top 2 as well.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 12:40:41 AM by GoldenEagles03 »
VIOLENCE!

fjm

• All American
« Reply #4124 on: December 28, 2022, 01:08:08 AM »

Waking up every day is far from a guarantee. Actually a 1 in 200,000 chance that you die every day. Wild stuff. Yet here we are talkin sports. So guesses are fun and don’t take anything as a guarantee.

Whatever. I’m drunk. But the moral of the story is that you’re right, tonight was a very close game and in very surprised MU pulled it out in the last minute or so.

feedback