'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tickets Sales For Creighton  (Read 18258 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Tickets Sales For Creighton
« on: February 18, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »
Does anyone know what kind of crowd we can expect?  Xavier was a sell-out (or close enough).  I understand that Wednesday night games are not the same as Saturday games.  Anyone care to guess?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Tickets Sales For Creighton
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »
If I had to guess a lot of people here are going to be really disappointed with the turnout. Students are trying to sell their tickets for really cheap in the facebook . Its just really a bad time for a game during a week where there a lot of tests. I dont know who does the scheduling but they really need to do a better job at scheduling the marquee games like tomorrow.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »
You can use the Ticketmaster interactive seat map to see just how many seats remains unsold. I would estimate between 500-700 unsold tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-vs-milwaukee-wisconsin-02-19-2014/event/07004B47D1B571C9?artistid=845508&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&tm_link=artist_msg-0_07004B47D1B571C9

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 01:20:23 PM »
If I had to guess a lot of people here are going to be really disappointed with the turnout. Students are trying to sell their tickets for really cheap in the facebook . Its just really a bad time for a game during a week where there a lot of tests. I dont know who does the scheduling but they really need to do a better job at scheduling the marquee games like tomorrow.

Yep, the Marquette Ticket Exchange has 2 pages of tickets listed for under $20.

This game will be lightly attended.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »
Stubhub has 65 and a handful are very cheap, I'm guessing under face value, get in the door priced. I'm coming up for the game tomorrow and was able to nab a couple good seats for a very fair price for the game.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 01:29:30 PM »
MU games  > school

SS Marquette

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 01:30:51 PM »
Announced will be over 16k, but I'd be surprised if the actual attendance was even close to that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 01:31:50 PM »

Making sure that students schedules are free enough so they can attend the games is probably the least of the scheduling concerns.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 01:37:05 PM »
MU games  > school

Yeah, I don't know where kids' priorities are these days....

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 01:39:08 PM »

Making sure that students schedules are free enough so they can attend the games is probably the least of the scheduling concerns.

Not saying that but midweek game vs. Creighton when the Big East knew Creighton was going to be good? Cmon, now.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFcqGGMPc3k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XFcqGGMPc3k</a>

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 01:51:27 PM »
16,500 announced

12,000-13,000 butts in seats.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 01:52:22 PM »
Not saying that but midweek game vs. Creighton when the Big East knew Creighton was going to be good? Cmon, now.

Yeah, those midweek games are tough. With all that hot Olympics coverage, why would a network want a decent matchup to show?

PS - I'm assuming you realize this isn't aimed at you personally.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:59:05 PM by PTM »

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 02:02:43 PM »
I'm pretty well-versed on these sort of things and by taking a look at the stub/exchange/TM, I believe it will be better attended than you guys think... especially for a weekday game.

The lower bowl will be very full.  Secondary prices are still pretty high for lowers and there are not many out there.

Uppers... I'm not sure who shows up, but the upper bowl is well sold for a weekday game.

Can't speak on behalf of the student attendance, but I'd hope they'd take 3 hours out of their night to go to the biggest game of the year. 

This game is a chance to see the NATIONAL Player of the Year with Dougie McBuckets.  That has only happened ONCE at the Bradley Center, and it was fifteen years ago. 

On 2/1/99, a bad sub-500 MU team upset #4 Cincy with Kenyon Martin... I was a student then, and it was the highlight of a rough year. 

Sidenote... that year (1999-2000) was the last year which students had random assigned seats before student-seating turned to GA.  The Cincy upset was the first game all season where the ushers checked your ticket stubs.  It still annoys me that I was relegated to the upper bowl despite going to nearly every home game unlike 95% of the student body that brutal season.   Albeit obvious, the switch to GA student sections was a great move.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »
I'm a season ticket holder living in Chicago and I'm thinking about making my first weekday game. With the 5 o'clock train getting in at 6:45 it's very doable  
Bring back FFP!!!

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 02:03:32 PM »
16,500 announced

12,000-13,000 butts in seats.

I'm taking the over on 16.5... I'm guessing it's announced at least 17,000 plus.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 02:03:47 PM »
I cannot fathom missing a Wednesday 7pm game because of academics.  It makes zero sense to me.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 02:06:59 PM »
Plus American Idol is on.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 02:07:16 PM »

So....they shouldn't schedule Creighton (or any other good teams this week) because there are a lot of tests?

Cmon...

I don't get on students if they don't show up, but this is a ridiculous expectation when it comes to scheduling.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 02:09:52 PM »

I don't think you really understand what goes into scheduling. They have to take into account:

1) Bucks Games
2) Admirals Games
3) Bradley Center concerts

And that's just for MU games. You also have to account for your opponents schedules as they play a roll in setting the conference schedule. Even the schools that don't play in an NBA arena often have Women's BB games etc to work around.

You really think they are also going to consider when student's test cycles fall? Especially when not all profs schedule tests at the same time? That's a little naive.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »

So....they shouldn't schedule Creighton (or any other good teams this week) because there are a lot of tests?

Cmon...

I don't get on students if they don't show up, but this is a ridiculous expectation when it comes to scheduling.

Not to mention we're talking about zero difference in student ticket sales.  So now we're attempting to exert our influence on scheduling games not based on television, ticket sales or revenue impact, but based on the likelihood that the cheapest seats that are already sold will be used.  The value of that is what exactly?  The chance a camera catches the upper level and makes it look bad on television...nothing compared to some of our conference mates that actually go as far as to make the broadcast depressing to see because it's obvious nobody is there in every shot.  Or that Creighton will be far less intimidated when they see an empty upper deck, causing them to coast to a win?  
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:21:17 PM by chapman »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 02:34:08 PM »
Announced crowd?  I'll take the over on 16,500. More likely 17,500.  And I bet the joint's rockin'.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »
I cannot fathom missing a Wednesday 7pm game because of academics.  It makes zero sense to me.
Let's not kid ourselves--undergrad isn't med school or law school--you can go see a great game for a few hours and still ace whatever test you have the next day.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
Let's not kid ourselves--undergrad isn't med school or law school--you can go see a great game for a few hours and still ace whatever test you have the next day.

yet murfs and caf's will be packed at 10 pm.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 02:45:14 PM »
Well if Saturday's game was any indication I do know the concession stand outside sections 410-412 will NOT be open tomorrow

couldn't believe it on Saturday that the concessions weren't all open for a frickin' sellout (or near sellout)

feedback