'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crean to Heat?  (Read 3426 times)

AlienWarrior

• All American
Crean to Heat?
« on: March 01, 2007, 05:44:28 PM »
Word in NBA circles is that Marquette coach Tom Crean could be headed to the Miami Heat as Pat Riley's successor. That would reunite Crean and star guard Dwyane Wade. -- St. Paul Pioneer Press

I got this from the old rivals board and it came from SI.com     I don't know if this has been posted on here .

The Lens

• All American
Re: Crean to Heat?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 05:51:59 PM »
I have also heard that Comedy Central is already talking about a weekly Heat show if this happens...apparently they see some potential humor in TC coaching GP, 'Toine & White Chocolate.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 06:11:59 PM »
This is really old news.  Crean had a good quote to the effect of "What paper said that?  We must be recruiting someone up there".

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 06:28:40 PM »

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 07:04:47 PM »
Sorry ,I didn't see it before on here

Dry White Toast

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 10:56:10 AM »
I just heard a rumor that the Raiders might draft TC with the No. 1 overall pick.

HelixAir6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 11:22:35 AM »
I just heard TC call into 670 the score in chicago, he said something like "i have no reason to leave any time soon" and he loves it at MU and is proud of the program that he has helped build."  They mentioned how his name has come up in terms of going to the NBA and other opening positions, thats what he responded with.  He said he is pumped for tomorrow, and can't wait to see the fans.  Sounds like tomorrow is gonna be a blast, wish i could be there.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 11:34:32 AM »
You'd think that TC would stay at MU because of the security of his curent position.  Look at the history of how high profile college coaches have fared when they make the jump to the pro game.  He'd last 2 years at the most in Miami.  Just ask Pitino and Calipari.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 11:44:46 AM »
I hate adding to the rumor mill, but I have a buddy who told me that he is going to take over for the Yankees once Torre leaves. The amazing thing is that he'll coach baseball during the summer, but then teach them basketball during the winter and they'll play as the Knicks.  Its going to be awesome.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 12:20:42 PM »
He'd last 2 years at the most in Miami.  Just ask Pitino and Calipari.

It's not how long you're on the bench, it's how long you're on the payroll.  Lon, John, Mark, Tim & Rick are all significantly wealthier thanks to their "short & disappointing" NBA careers.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 12:34:24 PM »
I hate adding to the rumor mill, but I have a buddy who told me that he is going to take over for the Yankees once Torre leaves. The amazing thing is that he'll coach baseball during the summer, but then teach them basketball during the winter and they'll play as the Knicks.  Its going to be awesome.

In that case it's good that the Bears gave Smith his extension... I'd be difficult for Crean to coach both the Bears and the Yankees.  Don't get me wrong, I think he could do it.  But he loves his family too much to committ to that much.  ;)