'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB on Newbill  (Read 19563 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: IWB on Newbill
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2010, 06:06:13 PM »
From what ive heard so far, my view is that the coaches made it clear their plans to the recruit and his family and coaches.  Why not?  Whether they understood is obviously a different story.  However if it is true that the offer was contingent and he wanted to accept it anyway, this summer has certainly been odd.  We've had coaches and updates and videos of this kid repeatedly posted.  Everytime a prep school alternative was mentioned (including by the staff) it was clarified that he was coming in the fall.  Either he wanted to believe that or increase his profile to make sure everyone here was in the kids camp (including me- he sounded like a find).  Heck we knew more about him than everyone else save blue- certainly odd for a recruit we never heard of beforehand.  He was probably a few days away from heading out- including this video of his move to mu.  Doesn't this seem all designed to make it difficult for the staff not to accept him?  Didn't iwb say that even if Wilson didn't come he was slated for prep school?  If true, everything seems designed to get the staff to accept him if they had a scholie.  He was showing up, we were told- and he was close to doing so.  I guess the wrench with Wilson and now his confidants feel aggrieved and making it known.  And many here are agreeing with them.  Something seems to calculated to me.  It's sad for the kid and I feel for him.  I guess I see two possible missteps for us (1). Accepting the nli- gotta believe buzz won't be pushed to accept one in the future and (2) the time frame on the Wilson move.  Not sure if that was possible earlier- but should have been communicated earlier.  However if he was slated for prep school anyway- that shouldn't make a difference, but it would be very hard to place him in prep school with an open scholy- the outcry would have been deafening.  Though was that outcry calculated?  Who knows- just thoughts and tryin to think through this as more than one part of the story seems off.  

Never really thought about this but yea that is one heck of a theory. I haven't been on here as long as many, but I can't really remember a kid's coach coming on here and posting about him and talking him up. It is just sort of weird. Also the lengths  Brad Forster is going to while not having a vested interest in Newbill like he said is weird.