[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by wadesworld
[May 06, 2024, 10:32:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JUCO's Lead Way...  (Read 13251 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: JUCO's Lead Way...
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »
Here's how I would rank Buzz's recruits so far:
1. Vander Blue
2. Jimmy Butler
3. DJO
4. Jae Crowder
5. Dwight Buycks
6. Jeronne Maymon
7. Junior Cadougan
8. Chris Otule
9. Jamail Jones
10.Davante Gardner
11.Reggie Smith
12.Joe Fulce (would be much higher if not for inuries)
13.Erik Williams

Bust that have left: Mbao, Roseboro
? who was injured: McMorrow

Next year's guys: J Wilson (bullish), Juan Anderson (bullish), D Wilson (?)

Bottom line: Buzz has had better luck with the jucos, who have been good players and model citizens. If they're a cross section of the type of juco Buzz will bring to MU maybe we need more, not fewer.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2011, 06:18:23 PM »
I don't expect that, Lenny.  All players don't pan out and anyone that believes they would is foolish. 

Which leads me back to the original question why you use an excuse that is over 1000 days old now and not call an ace and ace.  Was MU left with holes by the previous regime?  Hell yes.  Has THIS regime missed on some players?  Hell yes.   Is it beyond stupid 1000+ days later to be blaming any shortcomings this team has on a previous regime when this regime has had more than their share of misses with players?  Hell Yes.  Yet that's what you do.

Yes, there have been the inevitable misses and missteps, but I think we have a pretty good squad considering we have zero seniors and juniors left us by the previous regime. I prefer the team that Buzz has built in 2.5 years with 2 empty classes to the one built in Bloomington under those same cirumstances.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2011, 10:10:28 PM »
Yes, there have been the inevitable misses and missteps, but I think we have a pretty good squad considering we have zero seniors and juniors left us by the previous regime. I prefer the team that Buzz has built in 2.5 years with 2 empty classes to the one built in Bloomington under those same cirumstances.

First, Buzz Williams was a member of the "previous regime."  You seem to conveniently forget that fact.

Second, you can repeat the claim that we have zero seniors and juniors left, but that isn't true. We currently have Chris Otule and Joe Fulce who were both recruited and signed to LOI's by the previous regime.   Don't want to credit Crean for the guys who stayed?  Fine.  Then don't blame him for the guys that got away.

Third, we saw three would-be seniors transfer for reasons that had nothing to do with the departed members of the "previous regime."  One didn't leave for nearly five months (the entire summer session) after Buzz became coach.  Another played for Buzz for an entire season before leaving.  But it really doesn't matter why they left or who's fault--because Buzz filled those scholarships!

Fourth, you ignore that we actually had 14 players signed to LOIs or returning for the 2008-09 season.  One player HAD to leave. Three players did leave, bringing us to 11.  Buzz then added two more players!!!.  Imagine that!!!  Those two players brought us back to a completely full roster of 13 by July 1, 2008.  

You want this one both ways.  The scholarships that would have been used by T. Taylor and N. Williams this year were actually filled by Jimmy Butler and Liam McMorrow 2 1/2 years ago.  And the scholarships that would have been used by P. Hazel and T. Mbakwe were used by DJO and Buycks.  Last I checked, DJO, Buycks and Butler are juniors and seniors currently on the roster.  

As soon as Buzz filled those scholarships, they ceased to be valid excuses for potential future non-performance.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2011, 10:14:10 PM »
YOU and 84 always cast Buzz in a bad light...

It may be that Joanie/84 is burning with shame at the superior performance of Buzz Williams over her sad excuse of a man. After all, isn't she a Harbaugh?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2011, 10:22:28 PM »
First, Buzz Williams was a member of the "previous regime."  You seem to conveniently forget that fact.

Not that I'm really addressing anything in particular, but when you use that much bold to emphasize points, you actually do the opposite and just make a diatribe that looks overly aggressive and ugly to read, which de-emphasizes your points rather than attaining your objective.

The occasional bold works, but that's just excessive.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2011, 10:30:20 PM »
Not that I'm really addressing anything in particular, but when you use that much bold to emphasize points, you actually do the opposite and just make a diatribe that looks overly aggressive and ugly to read, which de-emphasizes your points rather than attaining your objective.

The occasional bold works, but that's just excessive.

The Harbaughs are not really known for their understatement. Jack Harbaugh cashing even one of Marquette's checks proves that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2011, 10:46:46 PM »
Let's not forget Buzz's huge miss in the 2010 class, Josh Gasser.  Another big night, 3 fouls and 0 points in a loss.  Since Chicos pleasured himself over the kid after game 1 of the season, Gasser is shooting 35% from the field, including 14% from 3FG, making just 4 treys.  Averaging almost 5 points per game.  I can do without that type of tradition. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
Let's not forget Buzz's huge miss in the 2010 class, Josh Gasser.  Another big night, 3 fouls and 0 points in a loss.  Since Chicos pleasured himself over the kid after game 1 of the season, Gasser is shooting 35% from the field, including 14% from 3FG, making just 4 treys.  Averaging almost 5 points per game.  I can do without that type of tradition. 

How dare you challenge the Cheek's authority on the greatness of The Gas Passer! You introduce such things as fact, empiricism, and data into something you simply cannot fathom since you were never an insider. How dare you, sir!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
I have to wonder if the TC excuse will be used in years 5, 7 and 9.  I sure hope so, it keeps the board running.

Quite the contrary Chicos, it's your 9000+ posts that keep the board running  ?-(

Anyhow, since this has devolved in the the usual's having a pissing match...I'm gonna' consider the conversation done and lock the thread.  Cheers guys, good to know nothing has changed in 2011.

feedback