collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: A reason to root for Bucky football  (Read 9851 times)

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
Re: A reason to root for Bucky football
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
I'll make the argument that UW has a good football team and that's entertaining to watch, but UW Football fans are unnatural carnal knowledgeing insufferable. I believe I've been told that UW badger fans invented (wrote?) Jump Around, the wave, the slow wave and the fast wave. Apparently UW is the only school with a football program with tradition.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2011, 08:22:21 PM »
I'll make the argument that UW has a good football team and that's entertaining to watch, but UW Football fans are fracking insufferable. I believe I've been told that UW badger fans invented (wrote?) Jump Around, the wave, the slow wave and the fast wave. Apparently UW is the only school with a football program with tradition.

I have been a UW Football fan since I was kid, because it was the only D1 college football around, and it was a good time on fall Saturdays.    Badger football, as we now know it, started in 1990 when King Barry came to town.  We all know the reality of Jump Around and the other stuff.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2011, 02:02:48 PM »
I have been a UW Football fan since I was kid, because it was the only D1 college football around, and it was a good time on fall Saturdays.    Badger football, as we now know it, started in 1990 when King Barry came to town.  We all know the reality of Jump Around and the other stuff.

Evanston is closer than Madison.  Root for Northwestern.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
Had friends at Madison during my MU years and I lingered for many a "Fifth Quarter"  I was invited to the Rose Bowl last year by some alumni and enjoyed it. didn't have a dog in the hunt so I wasn't as bummed as some. that said, Wiscy football is fun to watch

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2011, 01:09:42 PM »
Evanston is closer than Madison.  Root for Northwestern.

Closer to what?  I live 42 minutes from Camp Randall.

Root for Northwestern.  That is as much fun as a rectal exam.  Say what you will about Badger BB.... Badger FB is great fun.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 01:17:59 PM »
I equate watching college football with minor league baseball, except the football players are paid better.  Regardless, there's no way I'm rooting for Bucky. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »
I'll make the argument that UW has a good football team and that's entertaining to watch, but UW Football fans are fracking insufferable. I believe I've been told that UW badger fans invented (wrote?) Jump Around, the wave, the slow wave and the fast wave. Apparently UW is the only school with a football program with tradition.

...and that tradition started way back in the mid-1990s, shortly before the basketball program's tradition began.

feedback