[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tonight will tell us everything....  (Read 4520 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Tonight will tell us everything....
« on: March 06, 2024, 03:12:48 PM »
Either we dig deep tonight and find a way to win... if we do win this game it will have the same legendary longevity in MU fan's memory banks as the two key 2003 performances of the at Louisville comeback and the Kentucky Wade triple double blowout in Minneapolis.

Or do we come out and lose and blame it on playing a very good team without Kolek while also blaming it on tired legs and several players overcoming a flu bug. 

If the prior happens then this team is tough and has shown they overcame the failed Wisconsin test and we now might have what it takes to have another magical run to the Final 4 in Phoenix.

If the later happens, then this season will start to feel like the Hauser brother/Howard February/March collapse or the 1st year Shaka collapse that happened in spite of him having his most talented roster to date at Marquette.  So a loss will also mean we have to pro forma a loss at Xavier, as well as, early losses in NYC and March Madness. 

Or will someone rise and carry us and refuse to let us lose like the Michael Jordan Utah food poisoning game, or the Tiger Woods playing through a partially torn ACL to win another US Open.  We will need some kind of heroic/legendary performance from one of our players tonight to help us turn the tide from a late season slide back to a resurgence of a team with unfinished business. 

One way or the other tonight's game will give us the answer.  TBD.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Tonight will tell us everything....
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 03:16:15 PM »
While a win would be nice, tonight won't tell us much. That all starts March 21, FBOW.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 03:16:49 PM »
So it's Final Four or season-ending flameout?  no in-between?  solely decided tonight?

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 03:18:00 PM »
Pretty intense Duane Wade.

Which one are you going with?

Will Cam Jones be your MJ food poisoning guy, or will it be David Jolpin?

If you’re right I hope someone steps it up, but that’s a lot to place on one game

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 03:19:01 PM »
Shaka’s most talented team was his first year?
Bring back FFP!!!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 03:20:35 PM »
So it's Final Four or season-ending flameout?  no in-between?  solely decided tonight?

Correct.  If we lose tonight to the #2 team in the country without our All-American PG there's no need to watch another game until November. 

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 03:22:35 PM »
I've never seen someone miss so badly on all 11 analogies of their post, but here we are...

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 03:24:23 PM »
I'm expecting Amadou and Lucas to come up big down the stretch to lead us to victory, and thus a pre-ordained visit to the Final 4. 

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 03:25:24 PM »
If we lose tonight shorthanded, it's the end of the season?  :o

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 03:27:15 PM »
A little overdramatic maybe?

I'm hoping for a miraculous win and expecting a loss. If it was any other team than UCONN, I would be confident that we win, and that includes Creighton. I'm not willing to write this game off before tip-off and know well that we just may win it. There is nothing wrong with expressing what one believes to be a realistic take on our prospects. And I would absolutely LOVE to have to eat my words. Anyone needing a punching bag with a win tonight, go for it. I'm available.

We will be fine and ready for the Big Dance. Relax!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 03:29:33 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2024, 03:53:10 PM »
So we're just glossing over this guy saying Shakas first team was the most talented?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 03:56:37 PM »
So we're just glossing over this guy saying Shakas first team was the most talented?

Pretty typical post for this guy. Using silliness to troll for more silliness.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mug644

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 04:02:04 PM »
Shaka’s most talented team was his first year?

duanewade wrote: "...If the later (sic) happens, then this season will start to feel like the Hauser brother/Howard February/March collapse or the 1st year Shaka collapse that happened in spite of him having his most talented roster to date at Marquette."

I don't read it the way you two are reading it. He's saying that the season will be like the Hauser/Howard collapse or Shaka's first year collapse that happened. He doesn't want that to happen, but if we lose tonight if will start to feel like that "in spite of him having his most talented roster to date at Marquette." That is, this year is his most talented MU roster to date.

Poorly worded, and I get how you can interpret it as you did, but I don't think he was implying what you inferred.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 04:02:21 PM »
Waaay overstated.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 04:03:37 PM »
Hiroshima 2 ……smh

Nothing like over reacting before the game even starts.

Relax…..give the seniors their earned tribute…….hope to find a way to beat a better team even without our best player.

If they don’t? Go get em on Saturday..

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2024, 04:06:43 PM »
Either we dig deep tonight and find a way to win... if we do win this game it will have the same legendary longevity in MU fan's memory banks as the two key 2003 performances of the at Louisville comeback and the Kentucky Wade triple double blowout in Minneapolis.

Or do we come out and lose and blame it on playing a very good team without Kolek while also blaming it on tired legs and several players overcoming a flu bug. 

If the prior happens then this team is tough and has shown they overcame the failed Wisconsin test and we now might have what it takes to have another magical run to the Final 4 in Phoenix.

If the later happens, then this season will start to feel like the Hauser brother/Howard February/March collapse or the 1st year Shaka collapse that happened in spite of him having his most talented roster to date at Marquette.  So a loss will also mean we have to pro forma a loss at Xavier, as well as, early losses in NYC and March Madness. 

Or will someone rise and carry us and refuse to let us lose like the Michael Jordan Utah food poisoning game, or the Tiger Woods playing through a partially torn ACL to win another US Open.  We will need some kind of heroic/legendary performance from one of our players tonight to help us turn the tide from a late season slide back to a resurgence of a team with unfinished business. 

One way or the other tonight's game will give us the answer.  TBD.
The most likely candidates to step up and have monster games tonight are Oso and Kam. Oso will bring the passing we need . Jop will also need to make a major contribution. Ideally 32 or more strong minutes from starters . 20 ish from Ben and 10 ish each from the frosh.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2024, 04:28:03 PM »
Completely agree and I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say the entire 2035-36 Marquette season rides on tonight.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2024, 04:37:26 PM »
Completely agree and I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say the entire 2035-36 Marquette season rides on tonight.

Nailed it!  All of the current 1st and 2nd grader-prospects will be eliminating Marquette from consideration tonight if they are left with a disappointing loss, rendering the 2035-36 team woefully under-talented.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2024, 04:43:29 PM »
Anything short of a DePaul like 30 point blowout of UCONN tonight will be embarrassing and clear sign we need to move to the Summit League.

I'm just glad TK passed away (RIP) before this might happen. It would have broke his already failing heart.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2024, 04:44:32 PM »
I've never seen someone miss so badly on all 11 analogies of their post, but here we are...

That’s what makes the post so impressive. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2024, 04:49:00 PM »
Not reading that short story
Goal is National Championship

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2024, 04:50:32 PM »
duanewade is Frank Kaminsky’s long-lost great uncle. I thought everyone here knew that.

Got his start in “journalism”  in Madison for a failed parody newspaper, The Garlic Clove …the predecessor to TheOnion 🧅. Stop feeding the troll.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2024, 05:21:47 PM »
This isn’t over dramatic as hell

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2024, 05:27:02 PM »
The most likely candidates to step up and have monster games tonight are Oso and Kam. Oso will bring the passing we need . Jop will also need to make a major contribution. Ideally 32 or more strong minutes from starters . 20 ish from Ben and 10 ish each from the frosh.
GooooollldBrick
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2024, 05:39:57 PM »
poor analogies and punctuation - missing a comma, he means this season is the most talented to date IMHO...

If the later happens, then this season will start to feel like the Hauser brother/Howard February/March collapse or the 1st year Shaka collapse that happened in spite of him having his most talented roster to date at Marquette.

should read:

If the later happens, then this season will start to feel like the Hauser brother/Howard February/March collapse or the 1st year Shaka collapse that happened, in spite of him having his most talented roster to date at Marquette.

feedback