[Today at 09:14:48 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: How concerned Are you About Haanif?  (Read 16685 times)

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
Re: How concerned Are you About Haanif?
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2017, 11:44:51 AM »
He doesn't have a right hand and he turns the ball over way too much IMO. But he plays hard and seems to be willing to do what ever he needs to get minutes. I'm still in his corner. We need him.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2017, 11:54:30 AM »
I think if Haanif would kick the ball out more to our 3 point guys he would be more effective. Everyone in the arena knows he is taking it to the rack.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2017, 11:56:16 AM »
I felt for a while that Haanif looks like he lost weight and does not look healthy. However, that just might be that he looks smaller playing against Big East players. I think when Wojo made the starting line up change it was to play the players he is expecting to depend on next year.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2017, 12:13:26 PM »
I'd recruit write over his heine. Next man up, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

blikemike2

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2017, 12:35:43 PM »
I think you're starting to see the writing on the wall. He is a turnover machine and makes HORRIBLE decisions with the basketball. Unless there's ALOT of improvement IMHO he's been recruited over already and he playing time next year will continue to dwindle (unless he self identifies and transfers or works his ass off). Not one ounce of improvement from last year ti this year by HC, very dissappointing.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2017, 12:36:23 PM »
4ever

Agree completely!!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
As shoulda been done wit Triple J. Dis team is woefully short on talent. Should make it easy for Steve ta bring some reel horses in, if ya believe da hole HE story and recruits who shyed away, hey?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:42:00 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2017, 02:16:07 PM »
I'd recruit write over his heine. Next man up, hey?

Doesn't apply to all players and all positions?

If you could recruit over Howard, why wouldn't you do it?

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »
If the guy is one dimensional, he needs to add additional dimensions/skills to his game.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: How concerned Are you About Hannif?
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2017, 03:34:24 AM »
I respectfully disagree. Fifteen shots over three games is not a trend. A friendly wager, perhaps?

Last year's A+B ranking: 86.5
This year's A+B ranking: 87.8

I wager his end of season A+B ranking is >95.

HC winds up with a A+B of 90.9 playing 3 minutes last night. MU wins 4 of 5 since his benching. TO rate in conference (25.0) is the same as last year. Shrinking violet.

burger

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2017, 05:25:46 AM »
Unfortunately I think HC transfers.....

No info whatsoever .......

But he needs a year to work on his game.....AKA....Right hand.....Jumper.....Floater......Lateral quickness......

AKA....Time to re-invent himself......

I would be OK with a red shirt year......

And I would be OK with the above choices .....whatever.....If I knew that Sacir and Cain could fill in......

We shall see......

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2017, 06:12:30 AM »

But he needs a year to work on his game.....AKA....Right hand.....Jumper.....Floater......Lateral quickness......

And I would be OK with the above choices .....whatever.....If I knew that Sacir and Cain could fill in......

We shall see......
Fortunately I think HC stays and puts up a great Junior year ......................................................................

No info whatsoever..................................................................................................

But he is already a solid defender and just needs to learn to vary his drives near the hoop and regain confidence in his shot ...................................................................................

AKA back to basics...................................................................................

burger

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2017, 06:25:58 AM »
I hope so.....But am not confident......

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2017, 06:41:22 AM »

We shall see......

If he transfers, he goes to a mid-major. Is that what he wants?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2017, 06:57:03 AM »
HC sticks around.    Kid is in a slump.    It happens.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

blikemike2

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2017, 07:50:28 AM »
It's beyond a slump, he just doesn't fit into our 3 pt offense, he does play good defense but I honestly cringe when the ball is in his hands.

Maybe next year the offense changes a bit with the bigs arriving.

If I'm HC I'm shooting 1000 jumpers a day, doesn't have to be 3's but others will create for him.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2017, 08:15:42 AM »
I realize it is the nature of a message board, but seriously.     At various points this year, every player on this team, as well as every coach on this staff, has been given up on, fired, thrown under the bus, been called no good, Division II material, a waste of a scholarship, a cancer.      Is it too much to ask for a nanosecond of patience and a long term view?     HC was a solid player as a frosh.   A year ago, he was being talked about as a potential all time leading scorer at MU.    He did not expand his game and the coaches in the Big East figured out how to guard him and now he has completely lost his confidence.   He isn't the first, he won't be the last.   We, as fans, seriously need to quit being jackasses.    These are not robots.   
   I can easily see a scenario in the tournament where HC goes on a 5-7 minute run where he throws up 12-15 points, simply because he is going against a team that hasn't already seen him a few times and isn't prepared for his two moves.    And if that doesn't happen, an offseason to clear his head and work on his game will work wonders.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2017, 08:18:57 AM »
I realize it is the nature of a message board, but seriously.     At various points this year, every player on this team, as well as every coach on this staff, has been given up on, fired, thrown under the bus, been called no good, Division II material, a waste of a scholarship, a cancer.      Is it too much to ask for a nanosecond of patience and a long term view?     HC was a solid player as a frosh.   A year ago, he was being talked about as a potential all time leading scorer at MU.    He did not expand his game and the coaches in the Big East figured out how to guard him and now he has completely lost his confidence.   He isn't the first, he won't be the last.   We, as fans, seriously need to quit being jackasses.    These are not robots.   
   I can easily see a scenario in the tournament where HC goes on a 5-7 minute run where he throws up 12-15 points, simply because he is going against a team that hasn't already seen him a few times and isn't prepared for his two moves.    And if that doesn't happen, an offseason to clear his head and work on his game will work wonders.

Hear hear! +1

Give the kid a break. He's one of, if not our best defender.
He's a great kid and a huge asset.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2017, 08:58:41 AM »

This is a great point. There were points in the non-con where I thought it was fair to say he was our best all-around player. Then he hit a wall in conference. Part of that I'm sure is the step up in competition, but the other part is that he clearly did not diversify his game and the BEast was familiar with what he brings to the table. The same could be said for Jajuan. Jajuan's resurgence the last 2 games leaves me hopeful that Cheatham could have a similar breakout in the tournament.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2017, 09:07:34 AM »
[quote author=tower912 link=topic=53093.msg908429#msg908429
[/quote]
Man, I would love to see that. I do not think this will happen, but I would certainly welcome it.
You may be on to something in that he will probably be given little attention from the opposing team scout.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2017, 09:16:36 AM »

We shall see......

HC isn't transferring. Minutes galore at the 2/3 next year. He'll be back.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brandx

Re: How concerned Are you About Hannif?
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2017, 09:21:26 AM »
HC winds up with a A+B of 90.9 playing 3 minutes last night. MU wins 4 of 5 since his benching. TO rate in conference (25.0) is the same as last year. Shrinking violet.

No coincidence we won 4 of 5.

HC has become Derrick-esque on offense. In the 2 games before the benching - both losses - Rowsey averaged 17 minutes. Since then, Rowsey has averaged 30 and the team averaged over 90 in the 4 wins.

And defensively, it hasn't hurt us. As a matter of fact, I thought that overall, yesterday was our best defensive game of the year. Still not very good, but making some plays on defense.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2017, 01:58:42 PM »
It is nuts Haani still leads the teams in minutes played. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »
"Derrick-esque on offense"
have you really forgotten that quickly what that was actually like?

On one hand we have a career 37% 3pt shooter, knocking down 80% of his FT's.
Comparing to a guy that made about 14% of his threes with a season best of 47% of FT.

sure there have been some head scratching drives directly into a larger opponent by Cheatham, but how can one forget the airballs from 2 feet from Wilson?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2017, 02:33:05 PM »
"Derrick-esque on offense"
have you really forgotten that quickly what that was actually like?

On one hand we have a career 37% 3pt shooter, knocking down 80% of his FT's.
Comparing to a guy that made about 14% of his threes with a season best of 47% of FT.

sure there have been some head scratching drives directly into a larger opponent by Cheatham, but how can one forget the airballs from 2 feet from Wilson?

Seriously.

Haanif is an slightly below average offensive player on a team with a ton of great offensive players.

Derrick was a terrible offensive players on a team full of mostly bad offensive players.

And I liked Derrick. But it is what it is. It wasn't his fault. He was a great person and tried his hardest every game. Great leader, but not a good basketball player. Comparing Haanif to Derrick is insane

feedback