'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who Is Leaving?

Butler
15 (11.6%)
Fulce
0 (0%)
Buycks
4 (3.1%)
Outle
0 (0%)
Williams
2 (1.6%)
Cadougan
2 (1.6%)
DJO
0 (0%)
Mbao
64 (49.6%)
Blue (not qualifying)
0 (0%)
Jones (not qualifying)
1 (0.8%)
Crowder (not qualifying)
0 (0%)
Smith (not qualifying)
12 (9.3%)
Newbill (not qualifying)
4 (3.1%)
No one (Buzz is wasting his time)
25 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Author Topic: Who Is Leaving?  (Read 10644 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Who Is Leaving?
« on: April 30, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
All the threads currently are about finding another 2010 recruit.  We are out of schollies so it painfully obvious someone is leaving.

Who is it?

GGGG

• All American
Re: Who Is Leaving?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 09:55:11 PM »
Wow...good thing you started this thread.  We've never discussed this before!!!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
Anyone else hear Crean left MU for IU?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 10:29:22 PM »
Wow...good thing you started this thread.  We've never discussed this before!!!

Actually no, it's only mentioned that someone must be leaving and then the subject is dropped.  I'm more thinking a name.  So, I started the poll above.  Pick a name.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 10:35:23 PM »

Well played!  I also heard he can't recruit big men!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »
Jimmy Butler is the one.

Now that you know maybe you can give it a rest.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 10:46:48 PM »
I boycott this survey and think everyone else should follow suit.  This is bullsh$t

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 10:50:28 PM »
I boycott this survey and think everyone else should follow suit.  This is bullsh$t

Change your name to Ohio Warrior and you may have a chance...
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 11:09:27 PM »
Add "no one" and I'll vote.

bigdawgdude

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:05 PM »
I have seen mbao and most of the other players all over campus, but have not seen byucks.  Has anyone seen byucks?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »
I boycott this survey and think everyone else should follow suit.  This is bullsh$t

I'm with you. Having a poll to see who may or may not leave strikes me as a classless way to show a decided lack of faith in these kids. If someone does go of their own accord, so be it, but if they read this board, I'd rather not help contribute to their decision.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 11:37:34 PM »
Buycks grandfather passed away recently, he's probably spending time with his family.

MedicineHatSpanker

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 12:04:24 AM »
Does Joanie count?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 12:14:07 AM »
I saw Buycks with DJO within the last few days.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 12:14:39 AM »
Someone please remove this, it just looks bad....especially when whoever creates such a poll does not give the option of "no one."

Vote Butler if you have to, because that is the most ridiculous of all the options and shows the stupidity of such a poll.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:18:16 AM by KCMarq09 »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 12:16:52 AM »
And why does the poll insinuate that the only way any of the newcomers don't come is b/c of academic reasons? That is low class, and completely unfounded.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 12:20:23 AM »
"none of the above." 

plus, buzz is going to adopt Fulce and Mbao's parents have made a sh!t-ton of money off of the Nigerian scam, so they are going to pay his own way.  then buzz signs 2.

MedicineHatSpanker

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 12:30:27 AM »

IU? What is that?

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 12:38:29 AM »
IU? What is that?

"Its Indiana, and that's the bottom line."

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 12:39:20 AM »
lock this up. it's a bag of stupid waiting to happen.

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 12:48:52 AM »
I think Otule will declare for the NBA draft so my guess is it will be him - btw I saw Otule and his agent at the Bucks game tonight.

MedicineHatSpanker

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 12:50:06 AM »
"Its Indiana, and that's the bottom line."

It's Indiana, and that's the bottom of the Big Ten

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 04:59:52 AM »
Again?  Geez.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 06:28:49 AM »

Why because it is all happy talk all the time.  Why can't we have a realistic conversation about a semi-uncomfortable subject?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 06:29:14 AM »
Add "no one" and I'll vote.

Just added it

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 06:34:41 AM »
Someone please remove this, it just looks bad....especially when whoever creates such a poll does not give the option of "no one."

Vote Butler if you have to, because that is the most ridiculous of all the options and shows the stupidity of such a poll.

Let me get this straight ... having Noreen, Deing and now Hahn on campus in consecutive weekends to scrimmage with Outle is perfectly fine.  All the players can count to 13 and they have no problem with it.

Then I start a poll asking who might be leaving because Buzz is recruiting for a 2010 player like their is no tomorrow and somehow this will bother them and affect the team?

Why don't you sit back and re-think your opinion about what really matters.  Assume the 13 players on our team know exactly what is going on and this poll is irrelevant to them ... because it is.

---
Added later ... the David Hahn thread says he is on campus now and wants to commit tomorrow.  Why is this ok to say yet this speculation upsets everyone?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:59:18 AM by AnotherMU84 »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 06:56:33 AM »
I saw Buycks with DJO within the last few days.
Does that mean they are both leaving? I saw a UFO once and it left!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 08:05:06 AM »
Let me get this straight ... having Noreen, Deing and now Hahn on campus in consecutive weekends to scrimmage with Outle is perfectly fine.  All the players can count to 13 and they have no problem with it.

Then I start a poll asking who might be leaving because Buzz is recruiting for a 2010 player like their is no tomorrow and somehow this will bother them and affect the team?

I gotta say........I agree with this.

We've had recruits in for official visits mingling with current players. Current players and recruits constantly claim Buzz is one of the most honest they've dealt with. I take from this they know a new recruit will be added and they know why because Buzz is always honest.

Knowing that, I hardly think the conjecture of a few rabid fans would be enough to bruise the ego regardless of how often they read this board as they already know what will take place.

Sometimes, fanbases suck.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 08:31:03 AM »
No you added "buzz is wasting his time." I don't think anyone is leaving. I also think that Buzz is doing due diligence to be prepared for a contingency situation where someone does end up leaving. So I'm still not voting. Change your poll to not be incredibly biased in favor of someone leaving and I'll vote.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
please add - not interested in voting in a poll which may cast a current player in an unflattering light or subject him to unwanted scrutiny.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 09:11:58 AM »
Well, just to use hypotheticals, say that this is 2006, and someone makes this poll. There's another recruit coming in, so people ponder who will leave. Will it be Blackledge? Burke? Then the vote comes out and it overwhelmingly says it will be freshman Lazar Hayward. What if he sees that and thinks the fanbase has no faith in him? Maybe he wasn't thinking of leaving, but starts to have doubts.

I'm not saying that this will happen to a current player, but we know players and recruits read these boards. Personally, I don't think it shows very well on us as a fanbase to create these kinds of threads that could serve to unsettle a current player who has committed to Marquette.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 09:12:53 AM »
Please add: The person who started this poll/thread.

I will vote numerous times.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 11:39:40 AM »
Please add: The person who started this poll/thread.

I will vote numerous times.
+ a million votes.  I'll create that many new usernames.

Buzz is recruiting so we don't run into a situation we often ran into with Tom Crean, and that's somebody leaving at the last second, and all of a sudden there's a roster spot open and Tom hasn't been recruiting any players, so he takes anybody who will come.  Buzz realizes that things happen and he always has a plan.  This is not a waste of time, it is security for the possibility of somebody leaving, something Tom Crean never had.

What IS a waste of time is this poll.  What's the point?  If somebody's leaving, we'll find out when they do so.  None of us have the slightest clue, so what's the point in pretending we do?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MedicineHatSpanker

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2010, 11:47:57 AM »
Buzz is recruiting so we don't run into a situation we often ran into with Tom Crean, and that's somebody leaving at the last second, and all of a sudden there's a roster spot open and Tom hasn't been recruiting any players, so he takes anybody who will come. 

Are you somehow suggesting that Tom Crean was derelict in his responsibilities as Chief Executive Officer of the Marquette Men's Basketball Program? I am here to tell you that he was absolutely commited to the University, the Athletic Department, and, most important, the young men who pledged to spend 4 of their most precious years with The Man Known as Tom Crean.

How dare you, sir! That's right. How dare you, sir!

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2010, 11:51:09 AM »
These kids read these boards.  I don't think it's good for them to see  a poll on which of them is leaving when we know NOTHING.  Let's wait and see what happens.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:02:12 PM by Daniel »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2010, 11:51:51 AM »
Are you somehow suggesting that Tom Crean was derelict in his responsibilities as Chief Executive Officer of the Marquette Men's Basketball Program? I am here to tell you that he was absolutely commited to the University, the Athletic Department, and, most important, the young men who pledged to spend 4 of their most precious years with The Man Known as Tom Crean.

How dare you, sir! That's right. How dare you, sir!

teal?

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »

Why don't you sit back and re-think your opinion about what really matters.  Assume the 13 players on our team know exactly what is going on and this poll is irrelevant to them ... because it is.

---
Added later ... the David Hahn thread says he is on campus now and wants to commit tomorrow.  Why is this ok to say yet this speculation upsets everyone?

First off, you insinuate that the only way any of the newcomers don't actually make it is for academic reasons. Is decommitting, injury, etc not possible? Thats a pretty slimy way to rip on these kids.

And no, I don't think it is cool for fans of this basketball to VOTE on who they think will leave this team. Discuss? Sure, I guess. But voting is going to be synonymous with "rooting for" when many other people look at this poll and form and opinion of the fans/support.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 12:13:47 PM »

---

I looked through that thread and didn't see anyone insinuating or saying he was going to commit tomorrow or soon. Maybe I missed it....but just making sure if that is the actual word going around.  I would hope Buzz waits until Noreen decides before this.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »
Father Wild is leaving.  Does that open up a schollie?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2010, 04:39:14 PM »
These kids read these boards.  I don't think it's good for them to see  a poll on which of them is leaving when we know NOTHING.  Let's wait and see what happens.

So the 2010 7 foot recruit working out at the AL with Outle as the coaching staff takes notes is not threatening?  A bunch of guys talk on the internet is threatening about why a team with 13 existing schollies is looking for more players is?  Get real.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:55:34 PM by AnotherMU84 »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »
First off, you insinuate that the only way any of the newcomers don't actually make it is for academic reasons. Is decommitting, injury, etc not possible? Thats a pretty slimy way to rip on these kids.

They signed a LOI, you cannot decommit from a LOI.  You can not show up but then you cannot go to another school and you effctively end your college career before it starts.  I assumed none of them want to commit career suicide but if you think that should be added to the poll, I'll consider it.

If they are injured, they still take a schollie.

They only reasonable option left is they don't qualify academically.

Their are ways to criticize this post .. your post is not one of them.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »
No you added "buzz is wasting his time." I don't think anyone is leaving. I also think that Buzz is doing due diligence to be prepared for a contingency situation where someone does end up leaving. So I'm still not voting. Change your poll to not be incredibly biased in favor of someone leaving and I'll vote.

Counselor, if no one leaves, Buzz is wasting his time.

Further, counselor, your contingency idea does not wash on May 1.  The spring signing ends May 19.  If Noreen tells Buzz today he wants to come.  What does he do?  Tell him to wait as caucuses his team to see if someone wants to announce they are leaving in the next 18 days?  Or, does he say yes to Noreen and when no one leaves, boot Noreen off the team. 

We all know what's going on here.  You just don't like I said it out loud and in a direct way.  And, every player on the teams knows this better than us.  Nothing written here is going to upset them.  The fact their their coach is still looking for a 2010 recruit is the reality, not this thread.

The clock is almost out.  Either some one is leaving and we'll know in the next two weeks or Buzz is wasting his time.  Why not speculate.  It's an internet board.  That is what we do.

Objection over-ruled.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2010, 04:58:07 PM »
I looked through that thread and didn't see anyone insinuating or saying he was going to commit tomorrow or soon. Maybe I missed it....but just making sure if that is the actual word going around.  I would hope Buzz waits until Noreen decides before this.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=20400.0
First post ....

I  know people have mixed feelings but I saw Hahn outside dog house and he said he was thinking about signing tomorrow. I asked him about those videos and he said they were super old. crap is crazy honestly. I feel like this means someone is leaving.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2010, 05:01:45 PM »
Buzz is recruiting so we don't run into a situation we often ran into with Tom Crean, and that's somebody leaving at the last second, and all of a sudden there's a roster spot open and Tom hasn't been recruiting any players, so he takes anybody who will come. 

So Buzz is scum?  His plan is to string along a HS senior and then pull the rug out from under him at the last second when no one leaves.

Find a better argument.  Someone is leaving.

Why did we have no problem last year posting a hundred times that Hazell was leaving but this post bothers people?  Did MUscoop drive Hazell out of MU with all those posts last year?

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2010, 05:11:41 PM »
I have seen mbao and most of the other players all over campus, but have not seen byucks.  Has anyone seen byucks?

Buycks has a kid and live-in girlfriend, i doubt he gets out and about as much as the other guys.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2010, 05:16:31 PM »
Redirect:

Buzz continuing to recruit as a contingency is no different from you paying your auto insurance despite being a good driver. You don't get in a car crash but that does not mean that your insurance premiums were wasted.

I'm not positive that no one leaves. All I'm saying is that I don't think anyone will and that there is simply insufficient evidence to infer with such a high degree of certainty that someone is.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010, 05:24:46 PM »
Redirect:

Buzz continuing to recruit as a contingency is no different from you paying your auto insurance despite being a good driver. You don't get in a car crash but that does not mean that your insurance premiums were wasted.

I'm not positive that no one leaves. All I'm saying is that I don't think anyone will and that there is simply insufficient evidence to infer with such a high degree of certainty that someone is.

Bad analogy.  Here's a better one.

You want to get married by May 19 but your not sure the girl that said yes will follow-through.  So, as insurance, you line up another girl to marry by May 19.  When the first follows through and as "I Do" before you kiss the bride, you phone the other on your mobile from the alter and tell her it's off.

Noreen has to sign my May 19 if he wants to play.  If he calls Buzz today and says yes, and no one is leaving, what does Buzz tell him?  Do you string him along until the 19th and then shut him out from playing next year but you protected yourself "just in case?"  Even Calipari is not the scummy.

Some one is leaving.  Not only do all the players know this, they know who and why.  So, what's wrong with us speculating?  This is the internet!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 05:26:45 PM by AnotherMU84 »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »
I really never condemned the speculation, merely the lack of an option to express my opinion that no one is leaving. Also, I don't buy your revised analogy. What happens if the 1st option fiancée doesn't marry you and the backup doesn't either?

If someone is leaving, and everyone involved with the team knows who it is, what happens on May 19th if nobody signs? Do we just kinda say: "Sorry (player X) we'll have you back (despite the fact that we explicitly told you that you were of no value to the team)"?

I think it's possible that someone leaves, but if it were a certainty that it would have already occurred.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2010, 05:50:29 PM »
If someone is leaving, and everyone involved with the team knows who it is, what happens on May 19th if nobody signs? Do we just kinda say: "Sorry (player X) we'll have you back (despite the fact that we explicitly told you that you were of no value to the team)"?

This assumes that someone is being pushed out rather than leaving of their own free will.

FWIW, I think someone is electing to leave (to be clear, not being pushed) and the team knows who and why.  Since we're guessing, I think they are waiting for the semester to end before making the announcement.  This makes sense if you still plan on attending class and making grades.  Why subject yourself to unwanted scrutiny as you walk around campus.  Finish school, pack up and go home and then announce you're not coming back.

I think this because Buzz is recruiting a guy like David Hahn.  I cannot believe he would tell someone to leave to make room for him.  Hahn is not a good enough recruit to do this.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2010, 06:09:25 PM »
That makes more sense. You won't, however, even entertain the possibility that nobody leaves?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010, 06:14:46 PM »
this is stupid.  I want the last 5 minutes of my life back.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 07:04:18 PM »
That makes more sense. You won't, however, even entertain the possibility that nobody leaves?

Sure, and when no one leaves I'll make a post asking if Buzz's pursuit of a 2010 recruit meant he was taking away from valuable recruiting time to get a 2011 recruit.

Recall on April 1 Buzz gave a lengthy radio interview to a Houston station

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=20053.0

In the interview Buzz went to great lengths to talk about the limited amount of time to recruit and how scheduling was critically important.  He was very detailed about this.  

This spawned a discussion that Buzz might leave MU someday to find a school that had a better geographic location (a Texas school) to allow him to compact more recruiting trips in the same limited amount of time.

If Buzz wasted weeks and weeks this spring chasing something he did not need, is that not a concern?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 08:43:44 PM »
this is stupid.  I want the last 5 minutes of my life back.

I've wasted too much time reading this

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2010, 09:30:32 PM »
I think it is pretty safe to assume no one is transferring out. That would have been annouced already. They would already be looking for other schools. There are only two real possibilities. Some is taking the same route as UW's Markof(sp). They are giving up basketball, but staying at MU.  Could be because of health. The more likely possibility is that an incoming player will not qualify.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »
this is stupid.  I want the last 5 minutes of my life back.

Unfortunately, that isn't gonna happen for either of us.  My suggestion is try to think of it as time spent comforting a lonely shut in.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:25:06 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
Nope, the Blackhawks getting blow out by Vancouver lost my interest so I wandered over here.  If the hawks were more competitive tonight, none of this would have happened.

Root for the Hawks to get back into it and I'll be preoccupied. :)

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »
I'm not saying we need a poll.... but is this topic of conversation no longer taboo?

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2010, 05:04:06 PM »
I'm hoping Mbao red-shirts.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2010, 05:06:14 PM »
red-shirting still counts against our scholies, so that doesn't solve the problem.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2010, 05:19:01 PM »
red-shirting still counts against our scholies, so that doesn't solve the problem.

"Red-shirts" at a Juco?

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2010, 05:29:01 PM »
If he leaves to go to a JUCO he doesn't count against our scholarships. That said  however his LOI is now void and he would be free to sign anywhere which could be problematic if he shows significant improvement at the JUCO level.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »

As they say, I stand erected.  Thanks for the clarification. 
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »
I hear CPS is a great school system...  Just sayin'

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »
If he leaves to go to a JUCO he doesn't count against our scholarships. That said  however his LOI is now void and he would be free to sign anywhere which could be problematic if he shows significant improvement at the JUCO level.

Going to a juco would also use up year of eligibility

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2010, 07:47:18 PM »
Someone said that a transfer is not likely as the player transferring needs to find another school and you do not start the process in mid-May.

A transfer uses a schollie at the school they are transferring to.  What school is going to hold open a spot for a kid that has not announced he is leaving by May 3.  Especially if it is the 10th to 12th guy off someone else's bench.  They risk him changing his mind.

This persuades me that  transfer is not likely.

So, the more likely option is an incoming kid will not qualify.  This won't be announced until HS classes are done, most likely early June.  Why Buzz may know who is not qualifying to announce it to the world with a month left in HS is tatmount to saying "don't bother finishing your senior year."