[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vindictive Bo  (Read 34042 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Vindictive Bo
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »
Bo also got some very unfavorable press from Mike and Mike on ESPN radio this morning.  

They are focusing on the ACC ban, and some chatter about Iowa State as well.  

If Iowa State tampered, I can understand.  Bo, based on the backlash that's happening against him in the national media, should be prepared to justify the Iowa State ban with some proof.  Otherwise, this will paint him a very ugly color with other recruits in the future.  Other schools will be certain to bring this up with when competing against Wisconsin for recruits.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 08:22:44 AM »
Just curious but....

...since I barely listen to 540 and have completely shut off 1250 due to the whole "Brawl-Gate" fiasco and dipcrape Bill Michaels zapruder-tape innuendo, I wondered are any of the local Milwaukee sports radio guys taking St. Bo to task for this?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 08:29:17 AM »
Just saw Jeff Goodman's avatar on Twitter is a picture of Jarrod Uthoff. Bo is not earning any popularity points from this asinine behavior.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 08:34:41 AM »
Bo also got some very unfavorable press from Mike and Mike on ESPN radio this morning.  

They are focusing on the ACC ban, and some chatter about Iowa State as well.  

If Iowa State tampered, I can understand.  Bo, based on the backlash that's happening against him in the national media, should be prepared to justify the Iowa State ban with some proof.  Otherwise, this will paint him a very ugly color with other recruits in the future.  Other schools will be certain to bring this up with when competing against Wisconsin for recruits.
If I were ISU and they did not tamper, I would go public if Uthoff's appeal is upheld and attack bo and the Badgers for smearing them.  Demand proof.  Then take it to the NCAA on behalf of Uthoff.

I am going to sit back with some popcorn and watch bo imploud.  He is a self centered hot head.  He will not back down and will really show his true colors - more than he has to date.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »
With Florida and "mailbox-gate", this is getting beyond ridiculous.  It's fun watching the Badgers trip all over themselves.

FREE JARROD!

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 08:43:50 AM »
FREE JARROD!

He'll be our Elian Gonzalez

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 08:59:42 AM »
Could Uthoff go JUCO for a year then transfer to any school he wanted?  Even Iowa State?  I'm assuming that Bo's release only effects direct transfers to another D1 program?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 09:03:58 AM »
Why does the NCAA restrict transfers in the revenue sports by making them sit out a year, but allows direct transfers in the other sports.  For example, MU just accepted a transfer in volleyball who can play right away.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 09:05:08 AM »
Goodman and rovell are ripping bo's interview with mike and mike saying it made it worse. What SID would think a national radio interview is a good idea when you have no logical leg to stand on?  Gasoline on a fire...

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:19 AM »
Could Uthoff go JUCO for a year then transfer to any school he wanted?  Even Iowa State?  I'm assuming that Bo's release only effects direct transfers to another D1 program?

That makes this all the more ridiculous.  If he can just do that anyway and go to ISU, why should Bo force the kid to spend a year at a Juco, when he could instead be furthering his education at someplace like ISU.  A year at ISU would be better for him from an academic standpoint than a year at a Juco.  Again, it only hurts the kid.

Let him go, Bo!

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 09:10:24 AM »
Why does the NCAA restrict transfers in the revenue sports by making them sit out a year, but allows direct transfers in the other sports.  For example, MU just accepted a transfer in volleyball who can play right away.

It really makes all those "because most of us are going pro in something other than sports" propaganda commercials the NCAA plays during the tourny look foolish.  It's all about the kids, unless there's a boatload of money for coaches and administrators involved.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 09:10:42 AM »
If he and his family are from Iowa, I assume he can pay Iowa State tuition at an "in state" rate if he wants to walk-on for a year.

He could do that, right?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 09:11:18 AM »
Yes he could do what TJ Taylor did, but he still might not be able to go B10 because of conference rules. The BE for instance prevents its schools from signing transfer from another BE school.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 09:12:27 AM »
I'm waiting for the day that one of these coaches wants to take a job elsewhere but their current school gives them a list of 20 places they won't be allowed to go.

What a pathetic double standard.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JTBMU7

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012, 09:14:27 AM »
he did a radio interview this morning to explain his "reasoning" and just came off sounding like more of an ass. said he didnt make the rules and is just following them... uh, no, the rules say you CAN block a transfer, doesnt mean you are REQUIRED to... and certainly not to an entire outside conference...

twitter is absolutely destroying him and alvarez today, and i am thoroughly enjoying it...

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »
Yes he could do what TJ Taylor did, but he still might not be able to go B10 because of conference rules. The BE for instance prevents its schools from signing transfer from another BE school.

I actually think you can transfer to another conference school, but you have to sit out two years.  So it's very cost prohibitive both for the player in terms of development and the school in terms of scholarship allocation.  At least it used to be that way, that may have changed though.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »
If he and his family are from Iowa, I assume he can pay Iowa State tuition at an "in state" rate if he wants to walk-on for a year.

He could do that, right?

ISU in-state tuition = $6,996 (various a little by major)
Room & Board = $7,472

Why should they have to shell out nearly $15k just because Bo is a vindictive prick?

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »
He sounded like a complete jerk this morning.....hilarious!

Mike and Mike blasted him and now the Herd is as well.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/04/19/bo-ryan-really-came-off-poorly-defending-himself-on-mike-mike/

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30:52 AM »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2012, 09:45:10 AM »
Link to the full interview: http://es.pn/J9sJbc

I had no interest in Uthoff previously, but if he gets his release, I'd love to have him at Marquette, just as a nice little F-U to Bo Ryan  8-)

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2012, 09:46:32 AM »
Link to the full interview: http://es.pn/J9sJbc

I had no interest in Uthoff previously, but if he gets his release, I'd love to have him at Marquette, just as a nice little F-U to Bo Ryan  8-)

That would be awesome, and would really kick the rivalry into high gear, but cool things like that never happen in real life.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »
That would be awesome, and would really kick the rivalry into high gear, but cool things like that never happen in real life.

Can you imagine in 2 years, MU senior Vander Blue coming up to the Kohl along with Jarrod Uthoff to beat Bucky? Of course it will never happen, but it would be awesome.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2012, 10:43:33 AM »
It's over.  UW has lost in every way imaginable.    The only way out is to graciously let JU go where he wants.   The longer they fight, the worse it gets.     So fight on, Bucky!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »
It's over.  UW has lost in every way imaginable.    The only way out is to graciously let JU go where he wants.   The longer they fight, the worse it gets.     So fight on, Bucky!

I'm not so sure that's true.  Remember the St. Joseph's transfer issue from back in the middle of the season?  Everyone was up in arms for a few days, maybe even a week, and then it passed.  No one thinks about it now.  Bo will take some heat this week, and again when Uthoff announces where he's transferring to, but unless Uthoff blows up at Creghton that will be the end of it.  People have very short attention spans and standing your ground is almost better than doubling back, because people will forget.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2012, 10:54:54 AM »
It's over. 

It's not over until Bo says it's over!!!!

feedback