collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Running Thread  (Read 40558 times)

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
Re: Running Thread
« Reply #425 on: April 13, 2024, 07:10:43 PM »
Ran a sub 2hr half (1hr 50), maintained my pace through to 15mi where I completely fell off. I think the week and a half lost in training (especially the 15mi & 21 mi long runs) really hit hard there.

All the same I ran my first marathon 4:30. After years of Boxing, Hurling, Lacrosse, Hockey and wrestling I can say without a doubt this was the most pain I'd even been in.

Congrats on pushing through and completing your first marathon!

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #426 on: April 29, 2024, 10:12:15 PM »
I fell apart around mile 11 Saturday in Louisville and gave some thought to dropping out.  But I’m stubborn and didn’t want to throw away the money I spent to travel there.  So I pushed through very slowly and managed to finish somehow.  That was state 14 for me and not sure yet about when/if for state 15.  Things went very badly for this race so have to try to figure some things out before deciding to do this again.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #427 on: May 01, 2024, 09:47:57 AM »
I fell apart around mile 11 Saturday in Louisville and gave some thought to dropping out.  But I’m stubborn and didn’t want to throw away the money I spent to travel there.  So I pushed through very slowly and managed to finish somehow.  That was state 14 for me and not sure yet about when/if for state 15.  Things went very badly for this race so have to try to figure some things out before deciding to do this again.

Way to stick with it and finish!
Maigh Eo for Sam

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #428 on: May 01, 2024, 01:44:02 PM »

Physically? Mentally? Combo? It can be brutal sometimes. Way to gut it out though, that’s an accomplishment in itself.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #429 on: May 01, 2024, 02:27:43 PM »
Physically? Mentally? Combo? It can be brutal sometimes. Way to gut it out though, that’s an accomplishment in itself.

Physically - felt my legs were in quicksand and slowed way down.  Mentally it got very tough after that though as I was frustrated and moving so slowly.  I also thought I might not finish in time to get in the official results.  But I was determined to run the whole thing no matter what - luckily it will count so I won’t have to do that state again.

I ran much better last month in much worse weather conditions - it was just not my day on this race day.

And thanks
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 02:37:20 PM by Marquette Fan »

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #430 on: May 01, 2024, 02:36:57 PM »
Way to stick with it and finish!

Thanks