collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Podcast recommendations needed  (Read 9029 times)

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
Re: Podcast recommendations needed
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 09:53:48 AM »
Two additional podcasts I've recently been listening to that I haven't seen mentioned:
American Scandal - Season 1 was just released and focuses on Balco/Steroids. Presents a good recount of what went down.

Business Wars - Several seasons are already out.  Entertaining perspective of one company battling with another (EGL Southwest vs American).

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 10:09:03 AM »
Trump Inc.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 12:58:04 PM »
Almost all of these are not for kids and cover a really wide variety of topics. Obviously, the guests play a large role but the formats for most of these have lead me to additional content and podcasts.

Comedy
Kill Tony - Open Mic format hosted live from The Comedy Store by Tony Hinchcliffe
Legion of Skanks - Louis J Gomez, Big Jay Okerson and Dave Smith
The Adam and Dr. Drew Show - great if you listened to Loveline back in the day
The Church of What's Happening - Joey Coco Diaz and Lee Syatt
Fitzdog Radio
Norm Macdonald Live - similar to his new show on Netflix
Bertcast - I am the machine
The Chip Chipperson Podacast - Maybe Jim Norton's best character
Jeremiah Wonders - Jeremiah Watkins hosts w/ great guests
The Jeselnik & Rosenthal Vanity Project - not quite as good as the Rosenthal & Jeselnik Vanity Project (RJVP) from 2 years ago, but still pretty funny take on the NFL

Pop Culture
The Adam Carolla Show - Interesting guests and fun for fans that used to listen to Loveline
The Rubin Report
The Bret Easton Ellis Podcast - Now on Patreon
The Joe Rogan Experience

Politics
Part of the Problem - Dave Smith covers Anarcho Capitalist & Libertarian ideas w/ Robbie the fire Bernstein
The Tom Woods Show - Libertarian topics
Reasonable Doubt - Adam Carolla, Mark Garagos take on legal topics, pop culture and America today
Unregistered with Thaddeus Russel - Anarcho topics with different guests and perspectives
Reason Podcast - Libertarian topics
Lions of Liberty - Libertarian topics - 3 different episodes per week with 3 different hosts. They take turns and offer different perspectives on new topics
Jim Goad's Group Hug 

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 01:46:37 PM »
The best podcast (and possibly the longest running) is the In Our Time podcast done by the BBC.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2018, 02:07:27 PM »
Related Question:  Which app do you use for listening?

I have the paid version of Pocket Casts. It's by far my favorite one I have used. I've been using it now for about 2 years.
But I like to throw handfuls...

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 04:57:53 PM »
Related Question:  Which app do you use for listening?

I had always used the Apple app until with one of their "updates" they inexplicably eliminated the ability to automatically play multiple episodes of a podcast back to back without user input.  I enjoyed listening to multiple short episodes of a couple podcasts while mowing my lawn.  After the update it was a pain in the a$$ to have to stop the mower, pull my phone out of my pocket, press the next episode and put the phone back in my pocket.  I came across discussion boards of people venting on the issue and many had switched to Overkast.  That is what I've been using from that point on.  I'm not sure if Apple ever got their head out of their...well you know, and "un-updated' that feature.

feedback