[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bo Ryan retiring end of semester  (Read 76473 times)

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
Re: Bo Ryan retiring end of semester
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2015, 09:33:07 PM »
Bo was a very successful coach, went to the NCAA tournament often and the finals last year; though he did not coach the kind of hoops we all like, he still beat MU enough to earn some genuine respect from us.
Let's be gracious, we are certainly on the upswing after a tough year of transition. We also have that NCAA Championship banner hanging in our place. I really think it more likely a second banner comes our way before one hangs at Kohl.
Bo's decision to leave now--after the MU defeat--will always punctuate his overall, great record. We can always remind our "friends" in Madison of this whenever the time is more appropriate, not now.

Wisconsin also has one basketball national championship. 

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2015, 09:39:34 PM »
Wait!  Can we press pause while I make popcorn for this?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2015, 09:52:41 PM »
So Bo took her to Olive Garden and offered her the "All-you-can-eat" breadstick?

More like mozzarella stick.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2015, 10:03:26 PM »
Wait!  Can we press pause while I make popcorn for this?

Here's a hint - it was first year the the FCC licensed broadcast TV.  Sadly, the first broadcasts happened on July 1, ~3 months after the tilt.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/meet-wisconsin-s-only-national-championship-basketball-team-172338104.html

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2015, 11:54:57 PM »
Have we been mispronouncing the schwing offense all these years?

No, "Swing" is pretty accurate.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2015, 11:56:18 PM »
Bo's not as big a fan of the traditional as we thought?

No, she's traditional.

Well, untraditional in the marriage contract and untraditional in the chest region.

But Traditional in a Chicos kinda way.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2015, 07:14:00 AM »
Pics of this babe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2015, 07:56:41 AM »
Here's a hint - it was first year the the FCC licensed broadcast TV.  Sadly, the first broadcasts happened on July 1, ~3 months after the tilt.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/meet-wisconsin-s-only-national-championship-basketball-team-172338104.html

More sadly, more time has now passed since our championship (38 years) than between Wisconsin's and ours (36 years).

Here's hoping Wojo ends our streak and that Greg Gard forces UW into a UCLA-like situation: one good season to win the job, followed by six years of mediocracy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2015, 08:56:36 AM »

Also an era where only 8 teams were invited.  The best teams went to a different tournament.  You had to win 3 games to be national champion. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »

A quote:

"their record stood at 5-3 after losing their Big Ten opener — a 44-27 road loss to Minnesota that saw Wisconsin held to zero field goals in the second half."

So Bo brought success to Wisconsin basketball by returning to the offensive pace of their  national championship team.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2015, 09:12:38 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZiYaEICAAqk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZiYaEICAAqk</a>

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »
Haha this is outstanding.
I really enjoyed the guy calling it "MUPoop"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2015, 10:44:52 AM »
Haha this is outstanding.

"What a bunch of unnatural carnal knowledgeing clueless dicks."

We may be clueless dicks, but we were clueless dicks celebrating a win at the Kohl Center on Saturday.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2015, 10:59:14 AM »
"What a bunch of unnatural carnal knowledgeing clueless dicks."

We may be clueless dicks, but we were clueless dicks celebrating a win at the Kohl Center on Saturday.

Winner!

My favorite poster over there is Eric the Red.  He is treated like royalty and pretends that he's some sort of high level insider with all this great knowledge, when all he does is make vague statements that have absolutely no meaning and everyone over there drools over them.  "That's simply not true."  Asked to go into details, he just repeats the statement.  Anybody that actually has the kind of inside information that he pretends to have on UW athletics does not openly post on public forums as often as he does.  See BigDaddy.  Comes around maybe once a month in season to share what is appropriate for fans to know and then disappears.

Erica, please make an account and shoot me a PM with your email.  I'll forward you the bill for my season tickets kid!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:26:36 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2015, 11:07:01 AM »
The irony

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/83453/Bo-retiring?page=21#.VnQfEhUrIdU

The most creative insult they can come up with is "classless dickheads?" Quality Wisconsin education at work....sorry quality UW Superior education right there
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2015, 11:21:57 AM »
It seems like some if their supposed insiders are confirming that something is up. No details but doesn't sound good
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2015, 11:25:04 AM »
One thing I have learned over the past 20 or so years.  NEVER be surprised when someone you think has a nice and decent public persona,  is caught with his/her pants down.  NEVER.

As for the UWM fans.  The funniest thing is them blaming academic standards for the sports teams.  They then link to the normal student population entry standard.  Like they actually believe the athletes have the same entry standard.  And they go with this as gospel.  Then there are of course sites with actual data that show UW is no better than anybody else, in fact sometimes worse.

I have yet to see where there is an actual documented standard for what UWM has for athletes to get into their school.  And that is likely because its a sliding scale based on the person involved.  Its sooo funny to watch UWM recruit hard after a kid(Stone), then when he says no to them.  It was obviously because of his grades.  What?  You werent aware of his grades before he turned you down?  ?-(
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2015, 11:27:50 AM »
They do confirm the rumor of Bo murdering the guy at Autozone is false.  I'm glad they helped clarify that one.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2015, 11:40:41 AM »
Winner!

My favorite poster over there is EricTheReed.  He is treated like royalty and pretends that he's some sort of high level insider with all this great knowledge, when all he does is make vague statements that have absolutely no meaning and everyone over there drools over them.  "That's simply not true."  Asked to go into details, he just repeats the statement.  Anybody that actually has the kind of inside information that he pretends to have on UW athletics does not openly post on public forums as often as he does.  See BigDaddy.  Comes around maybe once a month in season to share what is appropriate for fans to know and then disappears.

Eric, please make an account and shoot me a PM with your email.  I'll forward you the bill for my season tickets kid!

If you look up "Poster with an Agenda" in the dictionary.  Red is there.
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2015, 11:42:04 AM »
Poster GratefulRed is using a picture of bread sticks as his avatar pic.  Must be confirmation.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »
What I've never understood is hate reading other teams' boards. It makes no sense for Badger fans to read ours and then go: "rabble rabble rabble." It makes no sense for us to do the same. I guess I just don't have the internet troll gene.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2015, 11:54:57 AM »
What I've never understood is hate reading other teams' boards. It makes no sense for Badger fans to read ours and then go: "rabble rabble rabble." It makes no sense for us to do the same. I guess I just don't have the internet troll gene.

Reading the West Virginia board after Buzz danced on their logo was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had involving the internet.
Have some patience, FFS.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2015, 12:04:03 PM »
Reading the West Virginia board after Buzz danced on their logo was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had involving the internet.

Wait.. West Virginia fans have command of the written word?

feedback