'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bo Ryan retiring end of semester  (Read 76391 times)

Badgerhater

• All American
Re: Bo Ryan retiring end of semester
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2015, 10:43:49 AM »
Ummm, are there any mods around here?  This thread needs to be blown up.  If something scandalous is behind Bo's sudden retirement, I'm sure it will come to light through the proper avenues in due time.  No need for the ugly rumor mongering.

Until proven otherwise, I assume this true and accurate story is being covered up by the Madison media and it will remain so if not told by brave seekers of the truth through other venues.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »
Ummm, are there any mods around here?  This thread needs to be blown up.  If something scandalous is behind Bo's sudden retirement, I'm sure it will come to light through the proper avenues in due time.  No need for the ugly rumor mongering. 

Helen Lovejoy, everybody!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2015, 11:05:02 AM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2015, 11:05:12 AM »

What the hell's the point of Scoop if not "ugly rumor mongering?"

Read the contract you signed for your Scoop service. The Ugly Rumor Mongering Clause is in the fine print.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2015, 11:06:48 AM »
Hopefully Bo didn't pull a Pitino and was able to spend more than 3 seconds in da lane, ai na?

Well, regardless of loiter time it just goes to show there's no such thing as a free piece of tail. A man pays for it in one way or another.

Death on call

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2015, 11:28:40 AM »
So, Bo was getting a lube job at the Autozone?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2015, 11:35:14 AM »
So, Bo was getting a lube job at the Autozone?

I see what you did there.  This thread is somewhat disconcerting but Mike Heller was on 920 yesterday telling everyone that Wes Matthews didn't have the grades to get into UW.  This is in a long line of throwing teenagers under the bus for their "poor" grades (Vander, Diamond Stone, Craig Evans) by the media in Madison.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2015, 11:36:09 AM »
I see what you did there.  This thread is somewhat disconcerting but Mike Heller was on 920 yesterday telling everyone that Wes Matthews didn't have the grades to get into UW.  This is in a long line of throwing teenagers under the bus for their "poor" grades (Vander, Diamond Stone, Craig Evans) by the media in Madison.

WTF?  It came down to Wisconsin or Marquette for Wes.  And he didn't have the grades?  Puh-leeze.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2015, 11:37:51 AM »

WTF?  It came down to Wisconsin or Marquette for Wes.  And he didn't have the grades?  Puh-leeze.

Yeah. Wes was/is a really bright guy. Academics were never in play with him.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2015, 11:49:19 AM »

And this is one of the reasons Wes doesn't have the warm fuzzies for his hometown.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2015, 12:01:14 PM »
Bo Ryan has yet to deny allegations that he has murdered 5 people in Madison this year, with his most recent victim having been shot to death in an Autozone parking lot.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
I know....it is hard to believe he could pull that off....but he did!

DiehardMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2015, 12:17:07 PM »

Forget what talking Badger head was on the radio with Downtown Ollie Burrows here in Central Wisconsin to discuss Bo Ryan yesterday.... They got into the poor recent recruiting, especially following the final four.  Dude said Henry never wanted to go to MU and always wanted to go to Wisconsin ("heck, his Dad had a terrible experience at MU but loved Wisconsin") but Bo wouldn't play the must give Wally a scholarship game.  Parents made the decision that both should go to MU for the double scholarships.  No mention Henry could have gone to Kentucky or MSU, and only was interested in MU when Wojo got involved.

Then went on to say Diamond Stone couldn't get into Madison plus his Dad got a job with UnderArmor, tough to compete with that.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2015, 12:19:55 PM »

Forget what talking Badger head was on the radio with Downtown Ollie Burrows here in Central Wisconsin to discuss Bo Ryan yesterday.... They got into the poor recent recruiting, especially following the final four.  Dude said Henry never wanted to go to MU and always wanted to go to Wisconsin ("heck, his Dad had a terrible experience at MU but loved Wisconsin") but Bo wouldn't play the must give Wally a scholarship game.  Parents made the decision that both should go to MU for the double scholarships.  No mention Henry could have gone to Kentucky or MSU, and only was interested in MU when Wojo got involved.

Then went on to say Diamond Stone couldn't get into Madison plus his Dad got a job with UnderArmor, tough to compete with that.

Whatever makes them feel better about themselves. There's a reason that they have zero commits right now besides, what, one 2017 verbal? lol

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2015, 12:20:36 PM »

Was the "dude" a random caller or a paid radio professional?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2015, 12:26:24 PM »

Hiroshima!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2015, 12:29:34 PM »

Heller is a tool.  He insinuated a while back that there was dirty business going on at MU because no one of Henry's caliber would seriously consider a mid major that plays in the has been Big East.  Those guys defend UW with all of their might and take shots whenever they can.

Heard two people in our office yesterday--on separate occasions- mention that Gard will have a hard time recruiting with the self imposed higher academic standards that UW has implemented.  If they didn't have such standards they would have landed Diamond.  Couldn't believe it.  But, when people like Heller continue to spew this BS and it sticks.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2015, 12:40:45 PM »
Yeah. Wes was/is a really bright guy. Academics were never in play with him.

It don't matter now, do it? How many zeros are in 70 million, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2015, 12:44:21 PM »
Bo was a very successful coach, went to the NCAA tournament often and the finals last year; though he did not coach the kind of hoops we all like, he still beat MU enough to earn some genuine respect from us.
Let's be gracious, we are certainly on the upswing after a tough year of transition. We also have that NCAA Championship banner hanging in our place. I really think it more likely a second banner comes our way before one hangs at Kohl.
Bo's decision to leave now--after the MU defeat--will always punctuate his overall, great record. We can always remind our "friends" in Madison of this whenever the time is more appropriate, not now. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2015, 12:57:29 PM »

i'm telling...speakin of swimmers.... :D
don't...don't don't don't don't

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2015, 01:02:53 PM »
I hadn't read this thread until just now, when I happened to skim the last page and notice there must be something worth reading....I tend to not really give a crap about UWM except for the one day a year we play them, but wow ohhhhh wow.....

If true, that is crazy. Carl Hiaasen would be even be proud.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2015, 01:39:28 PM »

You forgot to use teal
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2015, 02:52:43 PM »
So Bo took her to Olive Garden and offered her the "All-you-can-eat" breadstick?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »
Are you having an affair with Bo Ryan?

DiehardMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »
Was the "dude" a random caller or a paid radio professional?

Guest on the show... sure acted like he thought he was a pro but not sure if he was a journalist, blogger, or what.