collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Man Jewelry  (Read 11976 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Man Jewelry
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2016, 11:26:36 AM »
Its very easy to resize a wedding band, assuming you have a normal plain gold/white gold band like me. My wife and I have both done it within a year of our wedding. Takes about a week. Any decent jeweler can do it. If its that big of a deal to your wife I'd just go get it done. My jeweler does it for free because I bought the ring there.

If you have a cheapie material or something just get a new one. Don't understand why people don't get gold wedding bands though.

14k white gold... but upon further investigation, it looks like to downsize they have to cut a piece out of it and then solder it together.  I'm not being sentimental here, but I'd rather the thing be melted down and recast than have a piece taken out of it.  Even if the jeweler is able to buff out the cut line, I'm not sure that removing part of the ring is complementary to the symbolism of the ring (i.e. my wife's love and fidelity).

Ah, hell.  I'd probably be better off adding some Crisco to my diet.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2016, 11:38:08 AM »
Its very easy to resize a wedding band, assuming you have a normal plain gold/white gold band like me. My wife and I have both done it within a year of our wedding. Takes about a week. Any decent jeweler can do it. If its that big of a deal to your wife I'd just go get it done. My jeweler does it for free because I bought the ring there.

If you have a cheapie material or something just get a new one. Don't understand why people don't get gold wedding bands though.

Because some of us want them made out of Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel Staves instead. Pappy > Gold.

But I like to throw handfuls...

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2016, 03:38:44 PM »
14k white gold... but upon further investigation, it looks like to downsize they have to cut a piece out of it and then solder it together.  I'm not being sentimental here, but I'd rather the thing be melted down and recast than have a piece taken out of it.  Even if the jeweler is able to buff out the cut line, I'm not sure that removing part of the ring is complementary to the symbolism of the ring (i.e. my wife's love and fidelity).

You might be better off then to sell it for the gold value and buy a new one. I would imagine that is less $ than melting it down and having it recast.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2016, 03:41:19 PM »
You might be better off then to sell it for the gold value and buy a new one. I would imagine that is less $ than melting it down and having it recast.

Symbolism, dude.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2016, 04:53:54 PM »

Considering the markup on gold jewelry vs. wholesale @ spot... probably not.

And also, what Chick said.

Plus, wearing it on the middle finger does have a benefit: like when you're having one of those spousal arguments and where both of you need a reminder that your happily married and committed to one another, you can simply extend that one finger on which you wear your ring and show her.  Ever try getting your ring finger up all the way without some sort of assist?  It's an exercise in futility, that is, unless showing your love means showing your wife something limp.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2016, 09:02:03 PM »
Y'all soft
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2016, 09:04:06 PM »
$20 tungsten ring off Amazon, best purchase ever. I see guys with $600 rings that look identical because they went to a jewerly store. Idiots.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »
Wuz dat ring for a finger or a johnson, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2016, 10:19:21 PM »
$600 vs $40 is like Coke Zero vs Diet Pepsi .. Coke Zero is better, but both some cheap sheeeit. If a broad wife me, she gone ax & hook up the $30k plus
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2016, 07:03:28 AM »
$600 vs $40 is like Coke Zero vs Diet Pepsi .. Coke Zero is better, but both some cheap sheeeit. If a broad wife me, she gone ax & hook up the $30k plus

I wouldn't spend much time worrying about that JB.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2016, 07:59:38 AM »
I wouldn't spend much time worrying about that JB.

Well, I am sure he was speaking theoretically.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2016, 08:18:11 AM »
Well, I am sure he was speaking theoretically.

Or offensively
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2016, 09:12:31 AM »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2016, 09:57:48 AM »

Yeah, I have 14k white gold as well. Mine was melted down to be resized, not cut. Like I said, took about a week. Looked brand new when done.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2016, 09:58:48 AM »

Was free for me. Went to the same jeweler I bought it from.  One of the advantages of a local brick and mortar jeweler. Was more expensive than buying online up front, but free stuff like resizing, cleaning, refinishing for life.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:00:23 AM by Coleman »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2016, 09:59:27 AM »
$20 tungsten ring off Amazon, best purchase ever. I see guys with $600 rings that look identical because they went to a jewerly store. Idiots.

You're funny. Hope your wife isn't walking around with a bunch of CZs. Stuff like this is worth a spending a few bucks on. You can pass it down to your kids.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:05:37 AM by Coleman »

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2016, 01:08:52 PM »
Also, unless you're our Lord & Savior, a guy should not be wearing sandals ever.

Your opinions are bad, and you should feel bad.