[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Man Jewelry  (Read 11969 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Man Jewelry
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 12:37:08 PM »
Sandals rule.   I live in my Teva's  7 months out of the year.      Jewelry-wise, I meet chick's criteria.   

I also love me some sandals.  Leather flip flops, and also Birkenstocks (sorry).  Wedding ring.  Crucifix under the shirt. 
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2016, 12:52:05 PM »
I think sandals are okay if they are appropriate to the weather and the occasion.  But never, ever this:

Mandals definitely cause the lady equivalent of a boner-shrinker.

Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 12:55:29 PM »
Sandals with socks should be an automatic slap to the head of the wearer. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2016, 01:23:49 PM »
I think sandals are okay if they are appropriate to the weather and the occasion.  But never, ever this:

Are those even sandals? If they don't slip on and off I don't think they can be considered sandals....either way it's no sock with sandals or GTFO.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2016, 01:50:19 PM »
Nope, they are my rules and not necessarily anyone else's.  But to satisfy my curiosity, what part do you not agree with?
They are not rules...they are your opinions...which I respect as yours...I see this differently,though.

In a matter so intimate as wedding/marriage vows and the outward projection/display of rings...well that's very personal to me and I respect the same in others. I dont think I can/should invade other people's choices on what they choose to do  or not viz ring displays. (Heck, it wasnt until WW2 that men typically even wore wedding rings)

So...my "opinion" is that I have none...if a person wears a ring or not.... it is a matter of their private/personal choice and I dont have any input on their choices, nor should I.

Judge not others lest.....

lol

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2016, 02:02:10 PM »
My wife and I both wear lockets on a gold chain that contain hair strands from our deceased son so he is always close to our hearts.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »
Chick, I am actually going to go further and say 1 other item is too much.

Watch and wedding ring (if applicable). That's it. That's all I have.

A watch is enough to make a statement.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2016, 04:39:17 PM »
They are not rules...they are your opinions...which I respect as yours...I see this differently,though.

In a matter so intimate as wedding/marriage vows and the outward projection/display of rings...well that's very personal to me and I respect the same in others. I dont think I can/should invade other people's choices on what they choose to do  or not viz ring displays. (Heck, it wasnt until WW2 that men typically even wore wedding rings)

So...my "opinion" is that I have none...if a person wears a ring or not.... it is a matter of their private/personal choice and I dont have any input on their choices, nor should I.

Judge not others lest.....

lol

I am with you, with the exception that if your spouse wants you to wear a ring, you should honor that request; that is, of course if they are willing to do the same.

When Glow and I picked out our rings, we were there at the same time as another couple who was doing the same thing.  At one point, the guy said, "Just give me something simple to use for the ceremony; I am not going to wear it in real life."  I am surprised his head didn't explode from the lasers shooting out of his fiancee's eyes. Folks, this is a discussion you need to have before you head to the jewelry store.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2016, 04:58:53 PM »
How did I miss all this?

Anyway, there's times when chick doesn't wear either her engagement ring or an anniversary ring I got her some decades later, typically when we're camping or doing something that would put very expensive (for us) jewelry at risk.  When she leaves those home for some reason, she will still wear her narrow gold wedding band.  So she practices what she preaches.

I essentially never take mine off.  Not to sleep or wash my hands.  And I feel under dressed if I'm not wearing a watch, sport or dress, depending on the circumstances.  Glad she agrees cause that's what I've done for as long as I can remember.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2016, 05:32:37 PM »
Meh. Doing a married girl who's wearing her ring is the same as doing one who isn't, a''ina?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2016, 05:45:26 PM »
My wife and I both wear lockets on a gold chain that contain hair strands from our deceased son so he is always close to our hearts.

I'm gonna speak for Chick and say you merit a dispensation.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2016, 05:47:39 PM »
I'm in compliance with both Chick and JB's rules. What do I win?

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2016, 07:25:16 PM »
I'm in compliance with both Chick and JB's rules. What do I win?

A pair of crocks and white tube socks.
Ludum habemus.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2016, 07:25:24 PM »

Absolutely allowed without question

Real crucifixes with the Corpus Christi are my favorite.  Funny how Christianity gets bashed but how many will wear a cross because they think it matches their belt and shoes

I've got a blue lives matter rubber bracelet on.  Haven't gotten a ticket yet...but haven't been pulled over either
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2016, 08:17:40 PM »
A pair of crocks and white tube socks.

Hooray!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2016, 09:03:14 PM »
Been really getting into man jewelry lately.  Specifically bracelets and rings.  No chains or earrings ever though. I'll wear several bracelets and a ring simultaneously sometimes like this getup and I rocked today.
Badass or total jackass?

You do you.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2016, 09:10:55 PM »
I wear no jewelry, watches, etc. nothing. Don't understand why a man would have a bracelet other than a Fitness tracker on

ZFB wants to know if his cack ring his friend George bought him counts

Got my ball bag pierced too.  Gonna get a bar across the choad this winter.  Baller.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2016, 10:03:15 PM »
Sandals rule.   I live in my Teva's  7 months out of the year.      Jewelry-wise, I meet chick's criteria.   

Completely agree with Chick's rules for jewelry. Nice watch, fitness band, as of next week the ring finger shackle. I feel a little naked without at least a watch or tracker at any point in time.

Side note, I unashamedly own a pair of haflinger clogs for casual wear that are among the best purchases I have ever made. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2016, 10:57:14 PM »
A watch, a wedding ring  (when applicable ) and one other piece of jewelry.  That is all you get to wear as a man before you get the side eye  from me.

The.two exceptions:

1. If you are a hip hop artist, wear all the bling you want.

2. If you have some sort of legit championship ring, you are allowed one additional piece. But only if you actually earned the ring and didn't buy it from a pawn shop or win it in a poker game.

Let me add one more:

3.  Your daughter makes you a bracelet; you wear the bracelet.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2016, 06:50:07 AM »
Let me add one more:

3.  Your daughter makes you a bracelet; you wear the bracelet.

Absolutely.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2016, 07:38:28 AM »

Kinda like pourin' ice on da old genitals, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2016, 08:23:20 AM »
I wear a hemplet for medicinal purposes.  Ok? 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »

That's obviously an exception to the rule. Stuff like that doesn't need to follow any rules.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2016, 09:44:24 AM »
Completely agree with Chick's rules for jewelry. Nice watch, fitness band, as of next week the ring finger shackle. I feel a little naked without at least a watch or tracker at any point in time.

Side note, I unashamedly own a pair of haflinger clogs for casual wear that are among the best purchases I have ever made. 

Welcome to the world of Savoy Brown

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qXONXQRp7eU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qXONXQRp7eU</a>
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:52:13 AM by Waldo Jeffers »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2016, 01:44:38 PM »
How do awareness bands like the old livestrong bands play into the rules? I wear one for our campus campaign against sexual assault. Figure it's kind of expected for a man with my position
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback