'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Where will Mike Snaer choose to play at college?

Florida State
4 (4.8%)
Mizzou
21 (25%)
Marquette
38 (45.2%)
UCLA
13 (15.5%)
Stanford
5 (6%)
UNLV
3 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: August 28, 2008, 10:53:26 PM

Author Topic: mikey snaer  (Read 3137 times)

mu ball

• Walk-On
mikey snaer
« on: August 23, 2008, 08:46:51 PM »
Hopefully Buzz will make room for this kid. We kid sure could use a 2G.

Desert_Eagle

• Starter
Re: mikey snaer
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 11:31:41 PM »
Has he set a date to announce his college decision?
"Marquette is bigger than any one person. Marquette is Marquette."

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 01:24:03 AM »
Marquette's gotta be a pipe dream.

Rarely does a SoCal player leave the state, especially if UCLA offers.

EDIT: Then again...(August 4 article)

"UCLA and Moreno Valley Rancho Verde wing/guard Michael Snaer apparently have split on the recruiting front, with Snaer no longer listing UCLA as a favorite and UCLA no longer recruiting him.
According to Travis Showalter, Snaer's high school coach, the Bruins coaching staff did not follow Snaer during the Las Vegas AAU tournament.
"They didn't come to many of his games in Vegas and they're looking elsewhere as well,'' Showalter said. "Immediate playing time is important, and that's going to be difficult to get with the kids (UCLA) has going in there, unless a bunch of them leave after next season."
Showalter said Snaer's top four schools are Marquette, Missouri, Stanford and Florida State."

I say Stanford. :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:27:23 AM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:32:54 AM »

"UCLA and Moreno Valley Rancho Verde wing/guard Michael Snaer apparently have split on the recruiting front, with Snaer no longer listing UCLA as a favorite and UCLA no longer recruiting him.
According to Travis Showalter, Snaer's high school coach, the Bruins coaching staff did not follow Snaer during the Las Vegas AAU tournament.
"They didn't come to many of his games in Vegas and they're looking elsewhere as well,'' Showalter said. "Immediate playing time is important, and that's going to be difficult to get with the kids (UCLA) has going in there, unless a bunch of them leave after next season."
Showalter said Snaer's top four schools are Marquette, Missouri, Stanford and Florida State."

Not if he is looking for playing time and national coverage.  The problem with the pac-10 is there games aren't televised nationally very often and if they are they don't start until 9 or 10.  I have no idea about him, but from the outside looking in I'd say MU has a great shot at landing him.  MU will be without a shooting gaurd on their roster next year, unless you count Cubillan as a SG.  He's pretty much gauranteed time next year.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:42:17 AM »

That article is flat out wrong, either the coach is clueless or Snaer isn't talking to him.  The day it was written he was actually on UCLA's campus for an unofficial visit.  He(Snaer) gave an interview that day to one of the UCLA fan sites stating that they were still one of his top schools.  The next day, 8/5/08 Snaer gave his top 5 to Rivals, and it was MU, Mizzou, Stanford, FSU and UCLA. 

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 12:03:16 PM »
Dream on.  I really think him coming to MU is  a longshot, CA kids wilt at 50 degree weather, let alone a Milwaukee winter.  Go after Jamil Wilson.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 12:55:25 PM »
Dream on.  I really think him coming to MU is  a longshot, CA kids wilt at 50 degree weather, let alone a Milwaukee winter.  Go after Jamil Wilson.

Some of us California kids did just fine and lived there for over a decade.   ;)   

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »

I am sure they are going after Wilson, but since he wants to wait until spring I would not hold a scholarship for him when you can get a great player now. My guess is that Snaer sees himself going pro early. From that stand point he wants to go where he is going to play a lot in a major conference and weather is not going to matter, if he can start on top a team.