[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mbakwe article  (Read 29365 times)

muhoosier260

• All American
Re: Mbakwe article
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2008, 12:58:55 AM »
Enough about Kinsella...

He's lighting it up abroad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMV9vhPrLYk
man he really looks good in that highlight. i saw him at murphy's friday night

mug644

• All American
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2008, 03:22:40 AM »
I'm not convinced the timing of this was so bad.  If he announces, let's say back in June.  Buzz would most likely feel obligated to fill that spot with another JUCO or some other leftover.

Now it is banked, and Buzz can continue to hit the recruiting trail.  Hopefully the cooling off of Jamil will prompt him to make an earlier decision.

Jamil in 2009!  Yes we can!

That's an interesting and insightful way to find a silver lining. It's true, there would've been expectations and/or efforts to fill in the vacancy immediately and chances are that in the long run it would've been a less that satisfactory gap-filler. Now, we know who needs to step up and while it's not exactly where we'd want to be, it does open things a bit for the future.

Pardner

« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2008, 07:23:19 AM »
Young immature kids make young, immature decisions all the time.  Looking back, I don't know how many times I thought about transferring from MU.  It looks so easy to us now looking back.  Fact is, this probably hurts Trevor's b-ball career more than it hurts MU with all the starts and stops he'll have in his development.  But, he isn't happy for whatever reason, and it is his decision--so be it and good luck.  Buzz got it right--no need to dance the hokey pokey.  Better to go with the guys who want to be here.  Patrick Hazel, your table is ready!

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2008, 08:49:53 AM »
Enough about Kinsella...

He's lighting it up abroad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMV9vhPrLYk

Must be a different guy, or they all correct in the can't develop a BIG theory.
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2008, 08:57:53 AM »
Does anyone know why my post for Mbakwe's destination keeps getting pulled?  Just curious.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2008, 09:04:21 AM »
Does anyone know why my post for Mbakwe's destination keeps getting pulled?  Just curious.

It's not getting pulled, that topic is being merged into this thread.  Check out page 5, both the posts are still there.

esotericmindguy

• All American
Re: Mbakwe's Destination
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2008, 10:12:40 AM »
Not to be rude, but who cares?  The guy is gone and put our program in a really bad situation, good riddance. 

I care, thats why I asked.  Live in St. Paul near a community college where he was rumored to go.  I be interested in the games if he went there. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2008, 10:21:55 AM »
I care, thats why I asked.  Live in St. Paul near a community college where he was rumored to go.  I be interested in the games if he went there. 

I would hope it would be to heckle.

Trevor: Are they booing me coach?
Coach at Land O' Lakes Community College: No. No. They are saying Mbooooooooookwe.  It's a cheer.  Go Mbooooooookwe.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:38:49 AM by reinko »

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »
I may have mislead you on that.  It was meant to be sarcasm.  I mean, the reality of playing in front of 18000 spectators on ESPN for a national audience versus playing in a CC gymnasium.  Now that is funny!

MUfan2

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2008, 11:12:26 AM »

Really?  You'd be interested in watching a game at a community college that has a player that screwed our program pretty good?  Really? 

I wouldn't call that "esoteric."  I'd call that stupid.

The reason nobody has answered your stupid question is because 1) Nobody cares, and 2) He hasn't said where he's going yet.
"If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here." - Buzz Williams

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2008, 11:25:37 AM »

The reason nobody has answered your stupid question is because 1) Nobody cares, and 2) He hasn't said where he's going yet.

I'm interested in where he goes because it would provide some insight as to why he left.

If he really goes to Miami for JuCo, then it would appear that its not a family issue that would keep him back in MN. If this happens, I won't be able to make heads or tails of this whole thing.

If he goes back to JuCo in MN, then there could be a legit family issue that he (and MU) are keeping out of the public eye. In this case it's hard to fault the kid because we probably don't know all of the information.

MUfan2

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2008, 11:49:05 AM »
I'm interested in where he goes because it would provide some insight as to why he left.

If he really goes to Miami for JuCo, then it would appear that its not a family issue that would keep him back in MN. If this happens, I won't be able to make heads or tails of this whole thing.

If he goes back to JuCo in MN, then there could be a legit family issue that he (and MU) are keeping out of the public eye. In this case it's hard to fault the kid because we probably don't know all of the information.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I could care less what the reason he left is.  He was going to be a huge contributor for us, and now he left us in a horrible position in a year we could have done some real damage.  Good riddance.  I have a feeling he'll regret this decision for a very long time.
"If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here." - Buzz Williams

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2008, 12:04:45 PM »
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I could care less what the reason he left is.  He was going to be a huge contributor for us, and now he left us in a horrible position in a year we could have done some real damage.  Good riddance.  I have a feeling he'll regret this decision for a very long time.

Well, I guess I'm waiting to see if there is more to the story.

Maybe the kid is a flake. I don't know. I don't think this is the end of the story though.

I would hate to make statements like you just did (good riddance, he'll regret this, etc.) if it turns out he has a sick family member, or something that would make it necessary for him to be in MN.

Maybe you could wait a week or so because you start the "good riddance" attitude.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2008, 12:07:12 PM »
Really?  You'd be interested in watching a game at a community college that has a player that screwed our program pretty good?  Really? 

I wouldn't call that "esoteric."  I'd call that stupid.

Oh did someone hurt your feelings because he decided to go elsewhere.  1)Actually people do care, which is why you answered the question.  You obviously care enough to answer it.  And yes, I would go watch him play, I like basketball and MU will be fine....the guy looked lost against good competition last year.

MUfan2

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2008, 12:18:53 PM »
Oh did someone hurt your feelings because he decided to go elsewhere.  1)Actually people do care, which is why you answered the question.  You obviously care enough to answer it.  And yes, I would go watch him play, I like basketball and MU will be fine....the guy looked lost against good competition last year.

Yes, he hurt my feelings because he hurt my team.  And I wasn't even one of the guys on this board patting his back with the 10 pages of Chuck Norris-isms.  Can't believe those people aren't more pissed than I am.

So no, I don't give a s*#t why he left.  All I know is how he left and when he left, both of which were very damaging to my team.  So good riddance.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2008, 12:43:18 PM »

So no, I don't give a s*#t why he left.  All I know is how he left and when he left, both of which were very damaging to my team.  So good riddance.

He's not a basketball machine... he's a basketball player.

I can respect your reaction (I felt the same way when I heard), but I would caution you to withhold judgment on the kid because he's a person with a real family and responsibilities outside of hoops.

Like I said, the kid might turn out to be a total fraud and left just because it was too hard... or maybe he ended up leaving for an important reason that would trump basketball.

Why are you so quick to judge? Do you know something we don't?

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2008, 01:55:37 PM »
Buzz's reaction kind of makes it feel like the departure wasn't kosher.  I mean, if I was having family problems wouldn't at some point before you take off share that with your coach or roommate or teammate or someone at MU?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2008, 02:50:18 PM »
Buzz's reaction kind of makes it feel like the departure wasn't kosher.  I mean, if I was having family problems wouldn't at some point before you take off share that with your coach or roommate or teammate or someone at MU?

Agree 100%... but I'm just waiting to see what happens because something seems fishy here.

Might be that the kid is a flake... might be that there is really something going on.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2008, 02:54:30 PM »
10 pages of Chuck Norris-isms.  Can't believe those people aren't more pissed than I am.

Still one of the funniest threads ever.  Maybe he just felt he couldn't live up to the hype of that thread  :P

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2008, 05:12:42 PM »
This thread should be merged with another thread: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=9816.0

DeCourcy scored a minor coup by reporting this in a timely manner.

But what bothers me is that "someone" advised Trevor to go Juco...and he listened.
SS Marquette

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2008, 03:23:40 PM »
Agree 100%... but I'm just waiting to see what happens because something seems fishy here.

Might be that the kid is a flake... might be that there is really something going on.
I think the kid is a flake.  Way to go Trevor....work the system by using MU's resources to help with your rehab and workout with the team all summer only to bail the Friday before classes start...hmmm...I'm sure that wasn't choreographed.  He milked it for what he could.  Good riddance.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2008, 09:03:54 PM »
I hope that Trevor felt that Marquette had enough talent at the 4 and 5 this and next year that his playing time would dwindle.