* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pitt and Marquette take different paths...two most consistent Big East teams  (Read 4207 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:36:00 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

StillWarriors

• All American
Great quote from Buzz in the article:

"I like those guys who have never been on a charter bus much less a charter plane," Williams said. "I like those guys who never stayed in a hotel that, when you open the door, it goes into the hall, not to the outside. Never stayed at a hotel that has a pool much less a weight room. I like the fact that they've had pregame and postgame meals from the same fast-food joint. I think they have an edge to prove something, and I identify with that edge because of my heritage in the business."

Sounds like something Al might have said.....something about Cracked Sidewalks.

GGGG

• All American
I have said it before, Buzz is kind of a Texas version of Al.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
I vote that we change the name of Cracked Sidewalks to: "Hotel where the door opens to the outdoors."

I'm not good with snappy names...

🏀

• All American
I vote that we change the name of Cracked Sidewalks to: "Hotel where the door opens to the outdoors."

I think those are motels.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

"Cracked Sidewalks:  The Motel 6 of MU Sports Blogs"../where Chico's light is always left on.   :D

warthog-driver

• All American
"Cracked Sidewalks:  The Motel 6 of MU Sports Blogs"../where Chico's light is always left on.   :D

The Chicos Motel...Is that you Chicos?...Yes, Mother...

chren21

• All American

I've stayed in some really nice hotels that when you open the guestroom door it opens to either the outside or the hallway....  Just saying.

GGGG

• All American
I've stayed in some really nice hotels that when you open the guestroom door it opens to either the outside or the hallway....  Just saying.

The only places that I have stayed that I would consider "really nice," that have doors that open to the outside, are the resort type places in Arizona or Palm Springs.

But I don't think that's what Buzz is talking about.

chren21

• All American

The only places that I have stayed that I would consider "really nice," that have doors that open to the outside, are the resort type places in Arizona or Palm Springs.

But I don't think that's what Buzz is talking about.

I know.  That was a stupid post.  My New Years res is to start thinking.

Pepperoni_Cannoli

Given the background of some kids in college basketball, I would assume there are many recruits that have never stayed in a hotel, period.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Also known as "Riding Academies"

Canadian Dimes

• All American
Given the background of some kids in college basketball, I would assume there are many recruits that have never stayed in a hotel, period.

is that a serious staement?  99.99% of players at the D1-D2-D3 levels have played on AAU teams that travel the country or regoin for months at atime.

The Lens

• All American

If they're on the AAU circuit they have traveled pretty.  In talking to a few D1 players, I'm amazed at the number of trips they made to Vegas in HS.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I was most encouraged by this line

"Williams believes the ideal way to maintain a high level of success is recruiting and developing high school players."

warthog-driver

• All American
Also known as "Riding Academies"

Off Shore Drilling Platforms

82fanatic

• Starter

LOL    thanks for the belly laugh!

Eye

• All American
Better stat from an MU perspective, take your pick of one of the following two.

MU is the only team in the five seasons of the 16-team BE to finish all five seasons with at least a .600 winning percentage in league play.

MU is the only team in the five seasons of the 16-team BE to finish all five seasons at least four games over .500 (10-6/11-7 or better) in league play.
GO WARRIORS!