collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1112080 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #5975 on: May 24, 2020, 10:13:45 PM »
JFC

@realDonaldTrump: Schools in our country should be opened ASAP. Much very good information now available. @SteveHiltonx @FoxNews

Maybe he should go back to school. Much very good education there.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5976 on: May 24, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »
Lol!

I heard he's just sarcastic.

Sometimes he is that, too.

Some can’t (or won’t) see/acknowledge the difference between sarcasm, hyperbole and lying. The Resistance are literalists, like the people who believe the earth is 5000 years old.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5977 on: May 24, 2020, 10:30:46 PM »
Sometimes he is that, too.

Some can’t (or won’t) see/acknowledge the difference between sarcasm, hyperbole and lying. The Resistance are literalists, like the people who believe the earth is 5000 years old.

Trump is definitely, definitely a sarcastic guy. The picture of sarcasm even.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5978 on: May 24, 2020, 10:58:58 PM »
Trump is definitely, definitely a sarcastic guy. The picture of sarcasm even.

Definitely. Too bad it goes over some people’s heads, a’ina?

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #5979 on: May 25, 2020, 01:17:08 AM »
Maybe he should go back to school. Much very good education there.

I heard he is going to  reopen Trump University

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5980 on: May 25, 2020, 09:09:01 AM »

Or he is in his late 70s, overs stressed, and he can't keep his lies straight.

What about the man screams intelligent?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5981 on: May 25, 2020, 09:10:58 AM »

The man is as sarcastic as he is humble.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5982 on: May 25, 2020, 10:08:47 AM »
President Donald Trump threatened Monday morning to move August’s Republican National Convention from Charlotte if the state is not able to commit to “full attendance” at the convention.

Vice President Mike Pence also said Monday morning the convention could be moved due to the pace of the state’s reopening process.

North Carolina is currently in Phase Two of its coronavirus reopening plan. Indoor gatherings are limited to 10 people. Before the virus, the RNC was expected to bring 50,000 people to Charlotte for events connected to the convention.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article242977161.html?

See ya! Given that Charlotte actually bid against itself to host the convention because no other city really wanted it, and given that polls have shown most people here don't even want NarcissistFest to invade our community ...

Enjoy holding your event in Paducah!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5983 on: May 25, 2020, 10:21:22 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5984 on: May 25, 2020, 10:22:46 AM »
President Donald Trump threatened Monday morning to move August’s Republican National Convention from Charlotte if the state is not able to commit to “full attendance” at the convention.

Vice President Mike Pence also said Monday morning the convention could be moved due to the pace of the state’s reopening process.

North Carolina is currently in Phase Two of its coronavirus reopening plan. Indoor gatherings are limited to 10 people. Before the virus, the RNC was expected to bring 50,000 people to Charlotte for events connected to the convention.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article242977161.html?

See ya! Given that Charlotte actually bid against itself to host the convention because no other city really wanted it, and given that polls have shown most people here don't even want NarcissistFest to invade our community ...

Enjoy holding your event in Paducah!

It would be irresponsible and very disappointing if either party held its convention this year, at least in a large-scale, in-person format. The conventions were created to nominate the respective parties' candidates and to adopt a party platform. We already know that it will be Trump and Pence vs Biden and whomever he chooses. The rest is just a high school pep rally with people in suits.

Have Trump and a few supporters give televised speeches before a small gathering, have Biden and his supporters do the same, and get on with the election.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #5985 on: May 25, 2020, 10:23:51 AM »

Sure hope this is sarcasm.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5986 on: May 25, 2020, 10:27:11 AM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/01/27/coronavirus-donald-trump-made-us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/

Talk about calling your shot... check the date this was published.

Wow - this pretty much shoots down Trump's argument that nobody could have seen this coming before late February or early March, huh?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5987 on: May 25, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »
Joe is past his prime.   And he is going to occasionally say some really stupid crap.    But he crushed this one.   

Oh, and presidential golfing is like deficits.    It only matters when the other party is doing it.      Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, Obama, Trump all golf or golfed.   The opposing nattering nabobs always complained.  Liberals about the R's.   Conservatives about the D's.   Trump tweeted multiple times about Obama golfing.    Maybe it is because I am golf obsessed, but I honestly cannot get that worked up about the chief executive golfing.     
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:52:54 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5988 on: May 25, 2020, 11:37:33 AM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/01/27/coronavirus-donald-trump-made-us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/

Talk about calling your shot... check the date this was published.
That's the thing about good government: when it works like it is supposed to and is effective it seldom gets noticed. The hard work of establishing agencies, having the right people with the right skills, having them properly funded and prepared, generally gets met with a shoulder shrug if it gets noticed at all when, for example, the Ebola outbreak is effectively dealt with.

Then you have a bloviating know-nothing intentionally and maliciously tear it all down and blame his predecessor (and everyone else except himself) for all his failures.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5989 on: May 25, 2020, 11:44:41 AM »
Love how some people can't bring themselves to say the man is a liar.
These invariably tend to be the same people who fancy themselves non-PC truth tellers.
Makes me think of this from a Washington Post OP-Ed:

"If you gave many Republicans in Washington truth serum, they’d say, “Of course he’s unfit to be president. Of course he’s corrupt, of course he’s incompetent, of course he’s the most dishonest person ever to step into the Oval Office. But I can live with that, because him being reelected means Republicans keep power, we get more conservative judges and we get all the policies we favor.”
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5990 on: May 25, 2020, 01:34:20 PM »
Joe is past his prime.   And he is going to occasionally say some really stupid crap.    But he crushed this one.   

Oh, and presidential golfing is like deficits.    It only matters when the other party is doing it.      Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, Obama, Trump all golf or golfed.   The opposing nattering nabobs always complained.  Liberals about the R's.   Conservatives about the D's.   Trump tweeted multiple times about Obama golfing.    Maybe it is because I am golf obsessed, but I honestly cannot get that worked up about the chief executive golfing.   

43 stopped golfing once the war on terror started. 

https://presidentialgolftracker.com/georgewbush/

He also defended Obama golfing, so  criticizing the president golfing is as partisan as tower mentions.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #5991 on: May 25, 2020, 01:43:26 PM »

He also defended Obama golfing, so  criticizing the president golfing is as partisan as tower mentions.

Of course, the difference being only one president won an election by making one of his three key points to rile up the ignorant was “I will be too busy working for you to golf,” after spending 8 years Tweeting about the his predecessor’s golfing habits. Shockingly Trump has delivered on 0 of the 3 things he promised to get his blindly loyal following fired up. Who could’ve seen that coming?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5992 on: May 25, 2020, 01:48:54 PM »

In general I agree, but I think there are two things you can very much criticize him for:

1) Trump repeatedly criticized Obama for how much golf he played, and he vowed that he would be too busy to golf if he was president. So, both hypocrite and liar, but that is par for the course (ahem).

2) The cost: It is estimated Obama spent $88M on golf over his 8 years. Per Forbes, in 3.5 years Trump has spent $340M. This is a function of both the number of times they golfed (Trump more than 3 times as much) and where. Obama golfed at military courses more than 60% of the time, whereas Trump forces taxpayers to pay him and his properties exorbitant  sums of money. So, massive grifter taking your taxpayer money and putting it directly in his own pocket while doing so at a frequency that would make anyone with an ounce of shame blush.

Edit: Link: https://www.quora.com/How-much-did-Obama-spend-on-golf-during-his-presidency
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 06:16:55 PM by TSmith34 »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5993 on: May 25, 2020, 03:14:31 PM »
In general I agree, but I think there are two things you can very much criticize him for:
1) Trump repeatedly criticized Obama for how much golf he played, and he vowed that he would be too busy to golf if he was president. So, both hypocrite and liar, but that is par for the course (ahem).
2) The cost: It is estimated Obama spent $88M on gold over his 8 years. Per Forbes, in 3.5 years Trump has spent $340M. This is a function of both the number of times they golfed (Trump more than 3 times as much) and where. Obama golfed at military courses more than 60% of the time, whereas Trump forces taxpayers to pay him and his properties exorbitant  sums of money. So, massive grifter taking your taxpayer money and putting it directly in his own pocket while doing so at a frequency that would make anyone with an ounce of shame blush.

Edit: Link: https://www.quora.com/How-much-did-Obama-spend-on-golf-during-his-presidency

I was only talking about GWB, but thanks for the effort to froth at the mouth about Trump again.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5994 on: May 25, 2020, 03:15:14 PM »

2) The cost: It is estimated Obama spent $88M on gold over his 8 years. Per Forbes, in 3.5 years Trump has spent $340M. This is a function of both the number of times they golfed (Trump more than 3 times as much) and where. Obama golfed at military courses more than 60% of the time, whereas Trump forces taxpayers to pay him and his properties exorbitant  sums of money. So, massive grifter taking your taxpayer money and putting it directly in his own pocket while doing so at a frequency that would make anyone with an ounce of shame blush.

I figured the difference would be significant, but that is just mind-boggling. Trump spends almost 9x as much per year?!? Wow...

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #5995 on: May 25, 2020, 03:46:22 PM »

I figured the difference would be significant, but that is just mind-boggling. Trump spends almost 9x as much per year?!? Wow...
And much of that money went into his pockets as he golfs at his resorts.
Look at just golf cart rentals for secret service.
The Secret Service has spent more than $765,000 on golf carts to protect Donald Trump

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2020/05/17/the-secret-service-has-spent-more-than-765000-dollars-on-golf-carts-to-protect-donald-trump-111647/

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5996 on: May 25, 2020, 05:29:35 PM »
I was only talking about GWB, but thanks for the effort to froth at the mouth about Trump again.
Factual information presented well = frothing at the mouth. Trump has trained you well and you have fallen for it hook, line, sinker.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5997 on: May 25, 2020, 05:55:09 PM »
Factual information presented well = frothing at the mouth. Trump has trained you well and you have fallen for it hook, line, sinker.

I was talking about George Bush.   Also how he defended the Messiah's many rounds of golf.  Nothing to do with Trump.

Like pavlov's dog, tsmith has a rambling comment towards me about trump.  Not what i was talking about, but he's one of the smartest people here so he'll learn us all.

As to your comments, what are you babbling about? 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5998 on: May 25, 2020, 06:13:11 PM »
Sorry I offended your oh so delicate sensibilities. Poor delicate flower, I'll try not to tax you with actual information.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 06:15:50 PM by TSmith34 »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5999 on: May 25, 2020, 06:41:19 PM »
Sorry I offended your oh so delicate sensibilities. Poor delicate flower, I'll try not to tax you with actual information.

Naw dude, you convinced me with your internet arguements.  I'm fully converted to your viewpoints.

feedback