[Today at 06:34:41 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Tournament seeding  (Read 13005 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Big East Tournament seeding
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2020, 12:18:21 PM »
So our rooting interests change depending on whether we win or lose.  Win and we're cheering for Xavier.  Lose and we're cheering for Butler.

Does it really matter between 5 and 6 seed?  I honestly think I'd rather play Nova or Seton Hall in the 3/6 game than PC in the 4/5 (putting aside this coming Saturday's results).  Nova is beatable, PC is playing out their mind.  Also, a loss to Nova or Hall computer wise doesn't hurt in the slightest.  Frankly, neither would PC at this point, but obviously Nova/SHU still way above PC in the overall pecking order. 

I'd be fine another shot at PC tho.  At the end of the day, it isn't going to matter much who we get - but my guess is if we win Saturday we get PC in the 4/5 game, if we lose we get Hall in the 3/6 game. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:25:12 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2020, 03:55:04 PM »
Xavier wins: MU plays DePaul Wednesday.

Butler wins: MU plays Seton Hall Thursday.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2020, 03:58:54 PM »

If I knew for sure that we'd beat DePaul, I'd rather go that route and play Nova. Unfortunately that seems to be tough for us.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2020, 03:59:41 PM »
Seems like any hope of another victory for us outside of an NIT game would be to cheer for Xavier then.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2020, 04:00:09 PM »
Seriously I dont think it matters who we play--pretty much everyone will be a challenge.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2020, 04:04:25 PM »
Actually at this point, it's a total sh*t show so it doesn't really matter, but, since there is still basketball left to be played, I'm sure we will all hope they win as many games as they can. So, IF(and it's a big IF) right now they have ANY chance of breaking this skid, the 7 seed might just be the best road and give them the best chance(not saying it's likely) to win a game and possibly 2. As it is, they would play DePaul and then Nova...I think that's the best path right now as crazy as it sounds.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »
Seriously I dont think it matters who we play--pretty much everyone will be a challenge.

Take out pretty much and you got it. This is a team that would highly likely be on a 7 game losing streak had Georgetown not been so horribly undermanned and playing them at home.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2020, 04:37:05 PM »

Assuming this is correct than I am rooting for Xavier to win.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2020, 04:38:39 PM »
Assuming this is correct than I am rooting for Xavier to win.
I am not. If Xavier wins, they may move ahead of us on the NCAa tourney seeding line.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2020, 05:02:27 PM »
I am not. If Xavier wins, they may move ahead of us on the NCAa tourney seeding line.
We lose to DePaul and we do not deserve an NCAA bid. Xavier beats DePaul and we get thumped by Seton Hall, they may be seeded ahead of us anyway.
Besides that the only way I see us winning an NCAA tournament game is if we end up in the play in game in Dayton.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2020, 09:57:29 PM »
Ok, so Seton Hall. Let’s get after it.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2020, 10:11:42 PM »

This
Happened two tears ago like that.  Xavier swept us and got in with the same record as mu in conference. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2020, 10:50:19 PM »

After what?
Our bigs are a step too slow and can't shoot.
Our ONLY shot is to play small ball, be faster and hit our shots.
If we hit shots no need to rebound. 
Midwest country kids come to the big city and face ballers.  Are we ready?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2020, 10:56:03 PM »

We can beat the Hall. Just need Howard to go for 50+. And other people to show up.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2020, 11:02:13 PM »
We can beat the Hall. Just need Howard to go for 50+. And other people to show up.

NBD, right?

In all seriousness, we can gang with anyone in the conference if we play team basketball. They're big, so we can't run with the second half lineup that worked well today, so let Markus be the go-to, but Sacar and one of Brendan, Koby, or Jamal need to play really well. And Wojo needs to go full jacket-less mode to keep the team motivated for the full game.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2020, 11:02:55 PM »

You are right, the rest of the team can stand around and watch the show.  As Howard gets triple-teamed our guys get back on defense.  We have a plan, Seton Hall is toast.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2020, 11:08:49 PM »
NBD, right?

In all seriousness, we can gang with anyone in the conference if we play team basketball. They're big, so we can't run with the second half lineup that worked well today, so let Markus be the go-to, but Sacar and one of Brendan, Koby, or Jamal need to play really well. And Wojo needs to go full jacket-less mode to keep the team motivated for the full game.

I think what we need to do against Seton Hall is the opposite of what Wojo would ever do. Slow the pace, limit turnovers, and when you attack, do it going at the rim. Need to be willing to move the ball in the paint to get their bigs going in the wrong direction and into foul trouble.

But Wojo slowing the pace and focusing on attacking the paint instead of up-tempo three bombs? Never happen.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2020, 11:13:42 PM »
I think what we need to do against Seton Hall is the opposite of what Wojo would ever do. Slow the pace, limit turnovers, and when you attack, do it going at the rim. Need to be willing to move the ball in the paint to get their bigs going in the wrong direction and into foul trouble.

But Wojo slowing the pace and focusing on attacking the paint instead of up-tempo three bombs? Never happen.

I noticed something in the last S.H. game.  The Hall players were all sweating, only two of our guys were sweating.    What does that mean?   They take salt pills, or move more, or substitute less, or what?