'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Lennys Tap
[Today at 08:42:44 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette players not participating in Summer Pro-Am  (Read 19870 times)

GGGG

• All American

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Marquette players not participating in Summer Pro-Am
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 10:16:58 PM »
I have always feared one of our guys getting hurt in that damn thing.

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 03:46:38 AM »
Trading the pro-am for the extra organized practices and trip to Italy. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 06:09:54 AM »
Trading the pro-am for the extra organized practices and trip to Italy.

Could have had both, no?  Wasn't the ProAm moved back from June/July to accommodate the Italy trip and synch schedules?  I think this may be an issue of "Wojo no likey", but that is just a guess on my part.  Too bad as I think loyalists enjoy that live glimpse of the newcomers, but it is also nice to see the games will be streamed to salve the need for our Basketball Jones.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 06:42:34 AM »
Should be highly attended, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 07:23:17 AM »
Could have had both, no?  Wasn't the ProAm moved back from June/July to accommodate the Italy trip and synch schedules?  I think this may be an issue of "Wojo no likey", but that is just a guess on my part.  Too bad as I think loyalists enjoy that live glimpse of the newcomers, but it is also nice to see the games will be streamed to salve the need for our Basketball Jones.

I wonder if "Wojo no likey" is a new blanket policy, if "Wojo no likey" is something specific to this very young group this year, or if it is just a coincidence?     BTW, congrats on an early contestant for next year's meme contest. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 07:31:54 AM »
I wonder if "Wojo no likey" is a new blanket policy, if "Wojo no likey" is something specific to this very young group this year, or if it is just a coincidence?     BTW, congrats on an early contestant for next year's meme contest. 

Well Duke and UNC pulled its players out of the NC Pro Am and I think the event no longer takes place.  So I will let you draw your own conclusions about how Wojo feels about it.

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/colleges/x533457727/Duke-UNC-players-wont-participate-in-2013-N-C-Pro-Am

I believe DJO played in this one year.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 08:05:22 AM »
But then how will we analyze what Duane Wilson's 50 PPG in the Pro-Am really means for the upcoming season?  :-[

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 08:19:17 AM »
Pick up games for show without "real" offense or any defense, limits on teammates playing together, half the players not showing up because they have to make the hike from campus or because they lost track of time playing NBA 2K15.  No loss.  They would have gotten as much out of playing in the Brett Favre flag football game last weekend.

Warrior1

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 08:36:01 AM »
As disappointing as this is, remember we can watch the team play in Europe via live stream.

I'll take watching live competitive contests over pick up ball any day.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 08:47:47 AM »
RIP the game that made Dave Singleton an All-American.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 09:19:01 AM »
RIP the game that made Dave Singleton an All-American.

Outstanding!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 09:23:36 AM »
Figurin' Ganzer's the only dude pissed 'bout this, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 09:29:47 AM »
Figurin' Ganzer's the only dude pissed 'bout this, hey?

wrong... How about all the sponsors? they put a decent amount of money into the pro-am banking on MU's participation.

Also, this seems like a pretty late announcement, similar to "said player" is no longer with the program announcements that came out at 4 :45 on Fridays.

Marquette must have the College of Comm. undergrads running the PR department again.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 09:41:56 AM »
Wojo has shown he wants to cut the chord with program hangers on, who offer some sort of "service" in exchange for access.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 09:54:45 AM »
Who could that be, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 09:57:08 AM »
wrong... How about all the sponsors? they put a decent amount of money into the pro-am banking on MU's participation.

Also, this seems like a pretty late announcement, similar to "said player" is no longer with the program announcements that came out at 4 :45 on Fridays.

Marquette must have the College of Comm. undergrads running the PR department again.

Curious about this comment...is Marquette responsible or obligated to any sponsors or the organizer of the tourney in any way?  Also, what announcement?  I missed any formal comment.

Seems to me if they can practice rather than play pick-up ball they are better off and the sponsors should probably have had better information prior to committing. 

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 09:58:22 AM »
Wojo has shown he wants to cut the chord with program hangers on, who offer some sort of "service" in exchange for access.

It's not just Wojo, its the new administration. Dick Strong provided a lot of "Services" and we saw how the administration treated him.

communication is not hard, but for whatever reason there is none coming from MU. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 10:02:11 AM »
Every school has boosters like Strong and they're foolin' themselves if they think you can compete without them. Wish we had more. Leeches, on the other hand, no school needs, ai na?.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 10:05:43 AM »
Curious about this comment...is Marquette responsible or obligated to any sponsors or the organizer of the tourney in any way?  Also, what announcement?  I missed any formal comment.

Seems to me if they can practice rather than play pick-up ball they are better off and the sponsors should probably have had better information prior to committing.

I'll give it to you, you are correct they are not obligated to tell anyone anything. However, If am a MU alum, and a current sponsor of the Milwaukee Pro-am I would be pretty pissed right now, its poor business on Marquette's part. (And in the current atmosphere, College athletics is a "business".)

All Marquette had to do was say a few months ago that they were not going to participate in they years pro-am, they didn't even need to say why.  Instead they kept quiet, everyone thought it was business as usual. Now, from the few (and I do mean few, i am definitely not in the know like others on this board) boosters I know, they are upset.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 10:08:09 AM »
Every school has boosters like Strong and they're foolin' themselves if they think you can compete without them. Wish we had more. Leeches, on the other hand, no school needs, ai na?.

Completely agree. Wasn't it just last season that the people on this board who know Strong, said he was not going to many MU games?

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 10:09:02 AM »
I'll give it to you, you are correct they are not obligated to tell anyone anything. However, If am a MU alum, and a current sponsor of the Milwaukee Pro-am I would be pretty pissed right now, its poor business on Marquette's part. (And in the current atmosphere, College athletics is a "business".)

All Marquette had to do was say a few months ago that they were not going to participate in they years pro-am, they didn't even need to say why.  Instead they kept quiet, everyone thought it was business as usual. Now, from the few (and I do mean few, i am definitely not in the know like others on this board) boosters I know, they are upset.

It is possible that no one knew until fairly recently what the schedule for Italy was going to be.  I mean, it was announced as an "Italy" trip, and now there's a game in Switzerland.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »

Is Marquette obligated? Maybe not, but consider some of the main sponsors: Scion Dental, Gruber, Baird, all have significant ties to Marquette. For anyone that's attended the Pro-Am in the past, the vast majority of the fans and supporters in attendance are there to watch the Marquette guys play.

Obviously the Pro-Am is largely a for-fun event, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have value. Do I think Marquette will suffer for not playing in it? Not at all. But if this was truly a NCAA rules issue, wouldn't they have known that all along and been able to say as much? And wouldn't common courtesy have indicated they should let the alums and boosters that sponsor the MPA know about that?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 10:47:57 AM »

Could it be that the decision wasn't made until recently?  Hard to tell people a few months ago if it hadn't been decided yet....

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 10:58:33 AM »
Could it be that the decision wasn't made until recently?  Hard to tell people a few months ago if it hadn't been decided yet....

Marquette knew the start date back in June. The Italy trip has been known about since February. They could have easily said something weeks ago. I realize that's not months, but it makes a big difference for everyone involved with the MPA.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 11:13:48 AM »
Marquette has no obligation to participate in the Pro-Am. Marquette does have an obligation to the organizer and the sponsors to let them know of their players non participation more than a few days before the event starts. It is really irresponsible. And Marquette knew of the schedule a long time ago.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 11:19:21 AM »
Marquette knew the start date back in June. The Italy trip has been known about since February. They could have easily said something weeks ago. I realize that's not months, but it makes a big difference for everyone involved with the MPA.

I get that they knew the schedules.  I was asking whether they might only recently have made the decision not to participate.  Might have been that there were people for and against, and it took them a while to come to a conclusion.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 11:26:12 AM »
I get that they knew the schedules.  I was asking whether they might only recently have made the decision not to participate.  Might have been that there were people for and against, and it took them a while to come to a conclusion.

I suppose it depends on your definition of recently. I highly doubt they only made the decision 4 days before the event.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 11:34:52 AM »
The CEO of the Pro Am's main sponsor has the practice gym named after him.

Someone from the program should have let them know far sooner.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2015, 11:39:15 AM »

Oops missed this response thanks....

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:43:58 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2015, 11:43:34 AM »
I suppose it depends on your definition of recently. I highly doubt they only made the decision 4 days before the event.

Didn't they just start individual workouts in preparation for the Italian trip?  If so, perhaps Wojo saw something that caused him not to want the kids playing in the unstructured environment of the Pro-am.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »
The CEO of the Pro Am's main sponsor has the practice gym named after him.

Someone from the program should have let them know far sooner.

The "Italy" trip has been known for months now. If I were a "sponsor" I would have asked. So I am asking did the "sponsors" even ask if the MU players would participate?

Not playing in the Pro-AM is no big loss.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2015, 11:48:23 AM »
The "Italy" trip has been known for months now. If I were a "sponsor" I would have asked. So I am asking did the "sponsors" even ask if the MU players would participate?

+1 This thing always was last minute and questionable if it was going to go even when MU was fully committed (seem to remember a ton of no-shows as well).  So unless MU told someone they were in and reneged I find it hard to get too upset.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2015, 11:54:36 AM »

MU players have been playing in the Pro-am for awhile now. I know a lot of sponsors had questions after Buzz left. But the players participated last year and that answered the questions. This year no one had any reason to question if MU players would be involved, everything pointed to the answer being yes.

While not playing the Pro-Am may not be a big loss for the players. I would argue this is becoming a bigger issue for the MU administration.

They seem to have put themselves on a pedestal and do not feel the need to answer to anyone. While this is true, they don't NEED to answer to anyone, They need to start thinking about keeping their relationships in tacked. They already chased Strong away, who's next?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2015, 12:01:49 PM »
Who could that be, hey?

Ganzer and his Toadie who posts here??

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2015, 12:02:48 PM »
Shocking that we'd make a mountain out of a molehill on another topic here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 12:29:04 PM »

In the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal. However it is something that could have been dealt with better. I very much disagree that they didn't owe Ganzer any explanation. They did and it should have been weeks ago.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »
In the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal. However it is something that could have been dealt with better. I very much disagree that they didn't owe Ganzer any explanation. They did and it should have been weeks ago.

Fair enough.  I agree it could've been handled better, but I do not think there is some issue with the administration and that things like this are putting the program in danger of losing significant boosters.

In my opinion, it's better to have told them even late and not had us participate than to "participate" and have 2 guys show up from the team on any given week.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 12:41:20 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 12:50:22 PM »

No, it would be poor business on your part to sign up to sponsor an event based on the participation of MU players without bothering to find out if MU players are participating, or at least making your sponsorship contingent on that. MU owes nothing to either the sponsors or the organizers of this tournament.

So wait, now it's Marquette's job to inform people of events they're not participating in?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2015, 12:53:50 PM »

Marquette has no obligation to the Milwaukee Pro Am. Zero.

Death on call

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »

Why do they owe Ganzer an explanation? It's incumbent on him, as tournament organizer, to confirm their participation.
Now, if they had told him they were taking part, only to later pull the rug out from under him, that's another matter. But I haven't yet seen anything to indicate that's the case. Unless that is what occurred, this is all on Ganzer. He shouldn't assume their participation just because they took part in past events.

Maybe this is all just revenge for "Done deal." Wojo plays the long con.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 12:55:49 PM »
So Marquette holds no responsibility to the sponsors and organizer to let them know that their players would not be participating even though Marquette's previous coach is the one that encouraged its creation and even though there was no question about its players participation in previous years?

That is a very poor way to work with sponsors and donors. Very poor.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »
Marquette has no obligation to the Milwaukee Pro Am. Zero.

"Hey Jim. Just so you know, Wojo doesn't want to have the players in the Pro-am this summer due to the Italy trip.  And we aren't sure about future participation either."

Not hard. An email that takes 20 seconds to send.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »
I still want to know how everyone decided that MU made this decision weeks ago.  For all we know, the decision was made yesterday.  Maybe there was internal debate and it took until now to finalize the plan.

In an ideal world, decisions may be made instantly.  In the real world, decisions are often made at the last minute.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2015, 01:19:35 PM »
"Hey Jim. Just so you know, Wojo doesn't want to have the players in the Pro-am this summer due to the Italy trip.  And we aren't sure about future participation either."

While I see your point, and don't necessarily disagree that it isn't that hard, I would further submit that there is more to this than just the Pro Am.

Ganzer isn't necessarily the most welcome fellow with the new regime (this is not supposition on my part, by the way.) It's not that he is 'unwelcome' but the new regime has built their risk:reward matrix and hangers on need to demonstrate real value to get access. And access will in no way come close to what Bert offered.

Wojo runs a very tight ship and controls content. Just watch any of his interviews to understand his policy. If Tanned Tommy was tight lipped Wojo's sphincter can open beer bottles.

Frankly, I appreciate Wojo's approach. It might frustrate Scoop readers and infuriate people like Ganzer who are trying to monetize their links with MU hoops but Wojo's policy makes for a more disciplined, professional enterprise.

Death on call

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »
Wojo turning down the Pro-Am and destroying Marquette basketball credibility and turning away donors is the new Larry Williams destroying Marquette basketball credibility and turning away donors.

In reality, nobody gave a crap about the Pro-Am, it was open gym garbage. How much time do you think the freakin' CEOs of companies spent deliberating over their Pro-Am sponsorships? No time or less than no time? 

Marquette is better off.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »
No, it would be poor business on your part to sign up to sponsor an event based on the participation of MU players without bothering to find out if MU players are participating, or at least making your sponsorship contingent on that. MU owes nothing to either the sponsors or the organizers of this tournament.

So wait, now it's Marquette's job to inform people of events they're not participating in?

In a vacuum you are 100%. But the second you start upsetting Boosters, such as strong, and giving convoluted answers to people like IWB, its time to re-think your PR strategy.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2015, 01:56:47 PM »
While I see your point, and don't necessarily disagree that it isn't that hard, I would further submit that there is more to this than just the Pro Am.

Ganzer isn't necessarily the most welcome fellow with the new regime (this is not supposition on my part, by the way.) It's not that he is 'unwelcome' but the new regime has built their risk:reward matrix and hangers on need to demonstrate real value to get access. And access will in no way come close to what Bert offered.

Wojo runs a very tight ship and controls content. Just watch any of his interviews to understand his policy. If Tanned Tommy was tight lipped Wojo's sphincter can open beer bottles.

Frankly, I appreciate Wojo's approach. It might frustrate Scoop readers and infuriate people like Ganzer who are trying to monetize their links with MU hoops but Wojo's policy makes for a more disciplined, professional enterprise.

I suppose Strong must have been a "hanger on" as well, right? they did need to keep him informed on the coaching search? None of this makes for a more disciplined, professional enterprise.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2015, 02:13:46 PM »

I don't disagree with you. It seems like Jim is viewed as you suggest.

But that doesn't mean that he doesn't need to be treated with some respect with regards to this issue. They don't owe him a detailed explanation. They don't owe him access.  They simply should have given him a heads up.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2015, 02:16:39 PM »
So Marquette holds no responsibility to the sponsors and organizer to let them know that their players would not be participating even though Marquette's previous coach is the one that encouraged its creation and even though there was no question about its players participation in previous years?

That is a very poor way to work with sponsors and donors. Very poor.

This is what I would say to sponsors if I were the organizer.  Especially if the organizer promised Marquette players.

On the flip side no - I actually think it is incumbent on the organizer to confirm the participation of the players in their event.  Last year was year one and Wojo was 3 months into the job...  I would be cautious about making any promises to people -- especially knowing there are practices and a trip to italy on the horizon.

Now if they lied to him or misled him...different story

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2015, 02:29:46 PM »
I love how everyone loves making judgements when they have zero information on what did or did not happen. This is a mountain molehill situation
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2015, 02:29:59 PM »

But that doesn't mean that he doesn't need to be treated with some respect with regards to this issue. They don't owe him a detailed explanation. They don't owe him access.  They simply should have given him a heads up.

Is there any evidence that says they didn't give him a heads up?
Bring back FFP!!!

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2015, 02:41:59 PM »

Yes

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2015, 02:47:08 PM »
I love how everyone loves making judgements when they have zero information on what did or did not happen. This is a mountain molehill situation

I get the whole "mountain out of a molehill" thing. But come on, Marquette has an awful track record when it comes to PR/communication, that goes back years.

I just wish they would bring a  competent public relations person on staff.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2015, 03:01:26 PM »

Yep. no heads up, no communication whatsoever despite inquiries. Pretty shabby treatment.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2015, 03:15:37 PM »
Yep. no heads up, no communication whatsoever despite inquiries. Pretty shabby treatment.

Sharing that fact can't be good for the annual membership drive.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2015, 03:38:50 PM »
I suppose Strong must have been a "hanger on" as well, right? they did need to keep him informed on the coaching search? None of this makes for a more disciplined, professional enterprise.

Wow. You really misunderstood what I wrote.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2015, 03:42:51 PM »

All else being equal I would agree with you. But there is more to this story. Frankly, Wojo doesn't owe Done Deal sh1t. And I think Wojo will sleep very well tonight regardless of Ganzer's support. Our program will flourish under Wojo and that has nothing to do with the Pro Am.

Death on call

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2015, 04:16:27 PM »
Is there any evidence MU made this decision long ago, and chose to wait until yesterday to announce it?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »
Is there any evidence MU made this decision long ago, and chose to wait until yesterday to announce it?

Doc - just another case of Scoop gone awry!

Death on call

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »
any sponsor that is pissed over this is either paying too much to sponsor what was a crap pro-am that continuously got worse rather than better or too small to be sponsoring the event.  i like that wojo said no more.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2015, 05:19:09 PM »

Think about the Milwaukee Magazine article that was written about Buzz.  Think about the Marquette film series that at one point showed an assistant chastising Reggie Smith. 

This is most definitely a different approach.  The content is very controlled, and frankly not terribly interesting.  I don't think either is right or wrong, and as long as they win, I don't really care.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2015, 05:26:22 PM »

as long as they win, I don't really care.

Here, here. That is the bottom line.

However, how we win is also important. Very important, in fact.

Death on call

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2015, 09:37:47 PM »
It has been known for months that we are going to Italy. The Pro Am organizers obviously recognized the likelihood that our kids wouldn't be participating was high.  I don't believe this came as a surprise.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2015, 10:59:31 PM »
Selling stock in bausch and lomb Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc right now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:03:49 PM by rocky_warrior »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2015, 10:24:44 PM »
Selling stock in bausch and lomb Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc right now.

If Bausch and Lomb is gone then so, too, must be all the contacts...

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »
Heard from someone back in Milwaukee that essentially all of the marquee players didn't show for the tournament. Likely the death knell for this event (if MU not participating wasn't.)

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2015, 04:53:47 PM »
Rosters look like a Who's Who of the Saturday mornin' YMCA League, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2015, 06:21:04 PM »
Rosters look like a Who's Who of the Saturday mornin' YMCA League, hey?

Ners was playing?

Death on call

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »

Or they could just tweet at him.

"MUAthletics: @IWB Marquette players are out of the Pro-Am. #donedeal"
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2015, 12:06:24 PM »
Does MU sign up all of the players or do the players sign up as individuals?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2015, 12:18:30 PM »
Does MU sign up all of the players or do the players sign up as individuals?

I heard DJ Newbill was responsible for filling out the Pro-Am applications for all MU players this year.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2015, 12:20:29 PM »
I heard DJ Newbill was responsible for filling out the Pro-Am applications for all MU players this year.

Outstanding.  Do I at least get a Thank You for setting that up on a tee for you (without even realizing it)?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2015, 12:36:09 PM »
Outstanding.  Do I at least get a Thank You for setting that up on a tee for you (without even realizing it)?

Thank you.  Your reward is 10 Schrute bucks.